ADVERTISEMENT

High school scores....

Dutch Fork vs. Mallard Creek is back on. Foxes still up 14-7 with 9:00 until half. Game moved to ESPNews.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakecock1
Dutch Fork vs. Mallard Creek is back on. Foxes still up 14-7 with 9:00 until half. Game moved to ESPNews.
I was watching that game earlier - some pretty good-looking HS football being played.

I was watching that game earlier - some pretty good-looking HS football being played.

We looked great before the 2 hour delay. Now, not so much. Mallard Creek just went up 20-14 with 4:48 in the half.

Also, I went to the game and the atmosphere was great, but people emptied out during the extended break (including me). While a surprising number of people stuck it out, it's not the same according to some of my friends who are still there.

Update: Now 20-20 at the half. Go Foxes!

Last edited:
BR 35
Landrum 14. Final
Cardinal Cardinal in a tree
Cardinal Cardinal in a tree
Sitting on a limb and looking at me.
Sitting on a limb and looking at me.
Lured him in with a piece of bread.
Lured him in with a piece of bread.
Then I crushed his f_______ head.
Then I crushed his f_______ head.
Sound off 1.2
Sound off 3. 4
Break it on down 1 2 3 4
1.....2.....3....4....!!!!!!

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Another lightning delay in the DFHS game, with Mallard Creek inside our 20 and around 5:00 to go. I'll be curious to see if we finish it.

yeh but doesn't Mallard Creek have 8 or 9 Div 1 recruits? I get losing Hyatt. What I think is a shame is that Trenton Simpson did not give us a shot, since obviously he wanted to play in the big boy conference.

The DF quarterback looks great, high QB IQ and plenty of zip on the ball. T Knotts has done a great job at DF, I believe they averaged 2-3-4 wins a year before he arrived from Independence.

Last edited:
He beat UNC though!

I believe Pat Turner actually started / finished that game. I know he played significantly.

UPDATE: this is all I could find on it and DeMasi at least threw for a 2-point conversion. I’m 99% sure Pat Turner played QB some in this one though as well. But no mention here. Wish I could find a Box Score.

Cocks - Heels 1989

Still searching some. See Turner was 3 for 7 on the year for 23 yards. Assuming those were in that UNC game.

Regardless, that was going to be a rough stretch for pretty much anyone after the N.C. State game. Tough finish that season schedule-wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: redrogers
The DF quarterback looks great, high QB IQ and plenty of zip on the ball. T Knotts has done a great job at DF, I believe they averaged 2-3-4 wins a year before he arrived from Independence.

Imo
Nobody "coaches" high school well enough to dominate using only players that just "happen" to be in the attendance zoze.

We missed on Hyatt. He is a good WR. Dutch Fort equals Vols. Dang it.

Did not recruit Jaylin hard. Don't know why.

They got 2 players so DFHS hardly equals UT. One of those was a guy who USC had but backed off on for a range of legitimate reasons, both academic and personal. At the time, I gave him an over / under of making it 2 years before being dismissed, and I may have been generous. We'll have to see how his current situation plays out. The concern about Hyatt, I believe, has been size and ability to create separation at the line of scrimmage with bigger CBs. Jalin has blazing speed, but is still around 170-175. Guys like Wyman and Powers are just bigger. That said, Hyatt has great hands, and you can't teach 4.31.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT