ADVERTISEMENT

Hilinski moved up to #18 on ESPN.

NICE! That should affect his composite ranking.

I'm not trying to stir the pot too much, but I have to wonder if he would be a 5-star by now if he were committed to Alabama, Ohio State or Southern Cal.
Yeah he would be. A 3 star just a few months ago. I think if you are the #1 drop back passer you should be a 5 star.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Still a high 4 star. And #1 drop back passer.

Looks like that should be enough to move him up to a five star. But when I think about Shaw being a 3 star and turned out to be a five star on the field, imo, I will take anyone that is as good as Shaw regardless of star ratings.

Definitely would be awesome if he gets the 5th Star. But as long as he is ranked in the Top 20 nationally, that is also an impressive honor which will boost our recruiting tremendously. Go Big Bo!!!

I dont care how many "stars" are beside his name..... his signature, beside his name in 6 months is what matters to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYC_Gamecock
I wonder how many who place a high value on stars would trade a star for a good team win? In a heartbeat! I like for our recruits to have high star ratings too but if Hilinski plays as well as is expected of him, I don't really give a rat's ass whether he is voted a 4 or a 5. Would you rather have Deebo or one of the random 5 star receivers as a Gamecock.

If it helps recruiting, fine, bur otherwise I don't care.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
For me, it's about the optics. If Boom can go on the recruiting trail and say that we have not one, but TWO 5 stars in our class, then other highly rated recruits would probably follow. (Not to mention the buzz we would get from the SECN and ESPN.)

It's no secret that many of these kids want to play for championships. And as studies have consistently shown, the teams that compete for titles have the best recruiting classes, period.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT