ADVERTISEMENT

Hill won’t return

At this very moment the biggest dumpster fire in College athletics is SC football.
Really ?? Because a QB transfers ?
Many teams have had multiple guys transfer
Several teams have fired and hired coaches this year
But u choose to only insult our school ?
Guess you one of the new ones added to the list
They know who they are. Actually some making idiotic post on this thread

There should still be time to talk to him. He’s in the portal, but hasn’t named a destination yet, as far as we know. Would like for him to stay and see how this all shakes out.

Beamer should be on the phone literally begging him to come back. I mean on his knees. We are an injury away from a true freshman taking the reins.

There should still be time to talk to him. He’s in the portal, but hasn’t named a destination yet, as far as we know. Would like for him to stay and see how this all shakes out.

As I read about another kid who entered the portal, it doesn’t mean they have to transfer or are going to. I assume Beamer would like to have more than one QB on the roster who has taken game snaps.

Of course, Ryan may have an eye on 2022 with the possible arrival of Stockton.

UT Football is not too far behind us, especially if Pruitt is fired "with cause" in a couple of weeks. In fact, if Pruitt is fired UT Football will be the BIGGEST Dumpster fire in College Sports.
Maybe so, but they'll probably hire someone like Chadwell or Napier and not go through all the turmoil we're going through. But I'd much rather they take the negative attention from us.

Hill was slammed on this board by some armchair coaches, but to me he seemed like a competent QB. The challenges he faced have been discussed here quite a bit.

Problem I had with Hill is that, as a 5th year senior playing for the same OC, he was no better than Ryan was as a true freshman, who faced most of the same issues Hill did.

Beamer should be on the phone literally begging him to come back. I mean on his knees. We are an injury away from a true freshman taking the reins.
I don't think Beamer felt Hilinksi fits the scheme he wants to run. He will probably get another transfer QB and a walk on and roll with it. Beamer will get a complete pass next year. A lot of people on this here board will bellyache about it. But that's just how it is. This program's not going to be rebuilt next year.

I don't think Beamer felt Hilinksi fits the scheme he wants to run. He will probably get another transfer QB and a walk on and roll with it. Beamer will get a complete pass next year. A lot of people on this here board will bellyache about it. But that's just how it is. This program's not going to be rebuilt next year.

I think it will take a good coach at least four years to rebuild the program.

David Cloninger made it sound like there were more than just Bobo reasons why Hillinski was leaving on a radio interview I heard. I would love for him to come back but maybe he just wants to start fresh.

I’d be willing to bet we win more than 2 games next year. Across the board we may not have the horses, but I bet that we will also not be so difficult to watch. I do think the kids we still have want to be be Gamecocks. With a staff that believes in them and holds them accountable, I think we will see a different product.

Like you, I believe a rebuild will take time, but I do think we can be .500 or better next year. Especially if we put a premium on being in the correct spots defensively. I believe we had severe schematic issues on that side.

I’d be willing to bet we win more than 2 games next year. Across the board we may not have the horses, but I bet that we will also not be so difficult to watch. I do think the kids we still have want to be be Gamecocks. With a staff that believes in them and holds them accountable, I think we will see a different product.

Like you, I believe a rebuild will take time, but I do think we can be .500 or better next year. Especially if we put a premium on being in the correct spots defensively. I believe we had severe schematic issues on that side.

Unfortunately, Beamer has to start from the ground up by teaching this team basic fundamentals.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
1200-178641860-adorable-little-kitten.jpg

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
UT Football is not too far behind us, especially if Pruitt is fired "with cause" in a couple of weeks. In fact, if Pruitt is fired UT Football will be the BIGGEST Dumpster fire in College Sports.
If that happens, Tenn will hire Billy Napier and allow him to bring his staff and they will be successful again in a short time period. As for USC.......

Maybe, but how do we all define "rebuild?" If we are simply talking about getting back to .500 football, I really dont think that should take 4 years. Now, if we are talking about getting back to 10 win seasons and competing for the East, who knows how long that might take. But I think a good coach will likely demonstrate it is "possible" before he actually accomplishes it.

Ryan may not fit well with what Beamer wants scheme wise. If so, I don’t blame Ryan for looking elsewhere. I wish him nothing but the best in his football career and in his life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT