ADVERTISEMENT

Holbrook's final season post-game presser

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
After spending the first five minutes telling us how great the opponent was (like every presser), Kornblut asked him about his thoughts on missing the NCAA tournament for the first time in 16 years. He goes on and on about how difficult a league the SEC is, how every team has bad seasons and then finally how the players will face tougher things in life than a disappointing baseball season. Wish Chad would show some accountability and stop making excuses. Admit you let the fans and the school down by missing the tournament and underperforming this season.

Normally I like ur stance on things, but he's right. They're worse things in life. I get ur point though, he's making too much money to not be held accountable. His biggest mistake was not picking a lineup and sticking with it.
After spending the first five minutes telling us how great the opponent was (like every presser), Kornblut asked him about his thoughts on missing the NCAA tournament for the first time in 16 years. He goes on and on about how difficult a league the SEC is, how every team has bad seasons and then finally how the players will face tougher things in life than a disappointing baseball season. Wish Chad would show some accountability and stop making excuses. Admit you let the fans and the school down by missing the tournament and underperforming this season.

Somebody should tell him that the step railing in our dugout isn't gonna fall down if he moves from it during a game. Just thought he should know.
you know how you rub a spot on your arm rest in your car with your elbow....i bet ya the paint is gone on that railing from him leaning on it

Reactions: gamecock ed
Trust the coaches. They know what they're doing. So does the AD. After all, they get paid to coach and oversee a multi-million dollar organization. There's no good ol boy system in the South.

Trust the coaches. They know what they're doing. So does the AD. After all, they get paid to coach and oversee a multi-million dollar organization. There's no good ol boy system in the South.
Ok, in the same respect then, it was unfair of us to ever fire a coach ever! Fat Brad? He knew what he was doing, leave off him! Horn? Well, he was put in that position for a reason!

Didn't hear it, haven't read it, and don't care to, but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that within the first two minutes he proudly related that someone played, batted, fielded, or pitched "their tail off", right? LOL

Several problems here...first off Holbrook gets another season....we will not know how the season will turn out to be until it's too late. I use the 17-3 and top 10 ranking to make my argument. We looked good then except the clemsux series.....then the slow collapse....Second....Holbrook did not come here out of love for the University. He came here for a job. This has NOT all of a sudden become a love of his (no more than a worker at Westinghouse) and when he leaves it will not be because of his love or hate....it is a job. If you can't do your job and you are ineffective then you should lose your job. You can't keep a job that you are ineffective in just because you are nice, you are a good Christian, you have friends in high places....or any other reason. This should apply if you want a successful program. Holbrook will not make this a great program out of love...he will do it (or try) for the love of money. Now lets see what he is really made of !

Reactions: senecacock7

Your Title reads:" Holbooks final season presser....etc. etc."
I was hoping that you had some inside info and that this, in fact, was his FINAL season presser. But alas, no such luck, I guess.
he has at least one more, And perhaps TWO more season ending pressers to go IMO before he is shown the door.
Why is a coaches job so sacrosanct? If you and I dont do a GOOD job, we get FIRED.
why are they any different? can it be that the Great USC with all of its legal brainpower at its disposal does not yet know how to craft a CONTRACT with an enforceable performance clause?
Hell, I've been retired from construction for over ten years now, and we Always knew how to do that!

Your Title reads:" Holbooks final season presser....etc. etc."
I was hoping that you had some inside info and that this, in fact, was his FINAL season presser. But alas, no such luck, I guess.
he has at least one more, And perhaps TWO more season ending pressers to go IMO before he is shown the door.
Why is a coaches job so sacrosanct? If you and I dont do a GOOD job, we get FIRED.
why are they any different? can it be that the Great USC with all of its legal brainpower at its disposal does not yet know how to craft a CONTRACT with an enforceable performance clause?
Hell, I've been retired from construction for over ten years now, and we Always knew how to do that!
Someone should take a pic of empty Carolina Stadium the day regionals begin and email it to Holbrook every day until next season. There are very few head coaches in the country that couldn't lead the Gamecocks to a top 64 finish. This is pathetic and he should be let go now. Hell, I could have rolled the bats and balls out on the field and won 32-games this season. Pathetic and will have a lasting effect for the next 5-years.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Someone should take a pic of empty Carolina Stadium the day regionals begin and email it to Holbrook every day until next season. There are very few head coaches in the country that couldn't lead the Gamecocks to a top 64 finish. This is pathetic and he should be let go now. Hell, I could have rolled the bats and balls out on the field and won 32-games this season. Pathetic and will have a lasting effect for the next 5-years.

Perfectly stated.

What do you expect a coach to say?- "Yeah, I suck. My team sucks and my staff sucks. But mostly I suck. I am not worthy and resign."
We would rather Chad blame, deflect and tell us that what we've seen this season is an illusion. As fans, we certainly don't want honesty and accountability.

I wish everybody stop piling on Holbrook,he going to right ship!!
Oh, you are back to supporting Chad. Didn't you want him to resign or be fired this morning?

Don't let anyone tell you that you have a screw loose. Deep down, I'm sure you are a very stable, intelligent and respectful human being.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Oh, you are back to supporting Chad. Didn't you want him to resign or be fired this morning?

Don't let anyone tell you that you have a screw loose. Deep down, I'm sure you are a very stable, intelligent and respectful human being.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Ya don't know SuperCock84, please don't say anything about me,unless ya want me too

If ya smellll, what the supercock is cookin'!

tumblr_mfndjq0do31rn0vh6o1_250.gif

Reactions: Supercock1984
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT