ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops: Gamecocks add graduate transfer guard

WOW....Really FM ? Another hopeful band aid for 1 year, and the band aid needs a knee brace?

ps...Hope it works out for the young man and the team !

This program is grasping at straws. I hope we can get DJ Burns. Our recruiting needs a shot in the arm.

I agree all these one year guys isn't ideal but hopefully he can be like Frank Booker...he certainly helped the team a lot last year

Reactions: wallycock
Hopefully Bowen is in Columbia, and playing. Unfortunately, USC seems to be really scrambling in regards to recruiting right now. Was hoping that last year's final four run would pay off this year, but at least by next. If not, it is going to be struggle. I'm all about a team playing hard, which they do, but you need talent that plays hard to be successful

I agree all these one year guys isn't ideal but hopefully he can be like Frank Booker...he certainly helped the team a lot last year
Compare to the grad transfer Clemson picked up or the one's they had play this past season. You can't build and sustain with revolving door roster that we have going on right now.

I like Coach Martin, think he is good for kids but unfortunately I don't think top kids want to come play for him. The grad transfers we have gotten have not been up to a caliber to get us to tournament.

Bad as I hate to say it, just not sure kids want to come in and get yelled at on television or in front of crowds. Our final four did nothing for our recruiting which has to make you ask why?

Cross fingers and hope Silva returns.

Compare to the grad transfer Clemson picked up or the one's they had play this past season. You can't build and sustain with revolving door roster that we have going on right now.

I like Coach Martin, think he is good for kids but unfortunately I don't think top kids want to come play for him. The grad transfers we have gotten have not been up to a caliber to get us to tournament.

Bad as I hate to say it, just not sure kids want to come in and get yelled at on television or in front of crowds. Our final four did nothing for our recruiting which has to make you ask why?

Cross fingers and hope Silva returns.
I don't buy any of that. Clemson is the program you're putting up as the measuring stick? When was their Final 4 again...

All I was saying with my post is sometimes these grad transfers contribute and sometimes they don't. Frank Booker was awesome last year; since this kid is already coming here I hope he's more of a Booker than a Kory Holden (I know Kory was hurt and it wasn't all his fault he didn't contribute)

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
I dont see how this is much different than getting 18 yr old one and done players. Yes, they may be more highly rated and talented but they are inexperienced. These grad transfers at least know what to expect and are usually smarter in terms of what to do in close games and such. I am glad he wanted to come here. Welcome Tre, glad to have you. I would love for you to "prove everyone wrong" as you said.
As for Silva, he is coming back. I think it was more of an evaluation to know what he needed to work on most his senior year than it is will I get drafted. The big question mark is Bowen. if cleared, we are going to be pretty good. if not, its a wait and see how the team improves on last year.

I dont see how this is much different than getting 18 yr old one and done players. Yes, they may be more highly rated and talented but they are inexperienced. These grad transfers at least know what to expect and are usually smarter in terms of what to do in close games and such. I am glad he wanted to come here. Welcome Tre, glad to have you. I would love for you to "prove everyone wrong" as you said.
As for Silva, he is coming back. I think it was more of an evaluation to know what he needed to work on most his senior year than it is will I get drafted. The big question mark is Bowen. if cleared, we are going to be pretty good. if not, its a wait and see how the team improves on last year.
Did you watch our grad transfers play last year? How did the do? I'll shut up and listen.

Reactions: ddw1263
I don't buy any of that. Clemson is the program you're putting up as the measuring stick? When was their Final 4 again...

All I was saying with my post is sometimes these grad transfers contribute and sometimes they don't. Frank Booker was awesome last year; since this kid is already coming here I hope he's more of a Booker than a Kory Holden (I know Kory was hurt and it wasn't all his fault he didn't contribute)
I am not saying Clemson is the program but their transfers were much better than our transfers and they just got a pretty solid grad to transfer in.

Our final 4 was not long ago, do you think we built recruiting momentum because of that? How many players have left since then? We have a revolving door and no way to build continuity like that. I hope we land someone else but honestly, are you excited about a guy that has averaged 3-4 pts per game?

We caught lightening in a bottle with Thornwell, Dozier and Notice, do you think we are close to that good now?

Bowen is gone. Thanks to the NCAA. He was invited to the combine and my guess is he will be drafted at least second round. Chris wasn’t invited.

Reactions: mavcock
Unfortunately, Bowen playing here is probably an afterthought. NCAA loves inaction when it comes to our players.

Because you already have a glimpse (moreso, a long look) at what they can contribute on this level.

Reactions: ddw1263
Looks like he can work a pick and roll, let's hope Silva comes back. At least he appears to be a true pg.
Silva coming back is the only thing I can see to give next year's team any credibility at all. I know some newcomer might surprise, but we would need for several newcomers to play as they have never demonstrated the ability to play if Silva doesn't return.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Welcome to the Gamecock family, Tre. Looking forward to seeing u play next season.

I love Frank but I don’t see him here much longer than a year or two. This team is Silva and a bunch of fill in players and Bowen will never play a game at the CLA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT