ADVERTISEMENT

How a team can play so good

I was there and it wasn't pretty. Got away from getting the ball into Cardoso. That was money every time but they just went a long time not getting it to her. Raven was huge and that was awesome. Anybody know what Fulwiley did to get in the dog house? She didn't look hurt at all and she only played 13 minutes. Lots of Gamecocks fans representing in the great white north. Pretty cool.

I was there and it wasn't pretty. Got away from getting the ball into Cardoso. That was money every time but they just went a long time not getting it to her. Raven was huge and that was awesome. Anybody know what Fulwiley did to get in the dog house? She didn't look hurt at all and she only played 13 minutes. Lots of Gamecocks fans representing in the great white north. Pretty cool.
Four soft layups that didn’t go near the basket. She showboats too much. This isn’t high school basketball.

Then get so sloppy is beyond me. We may not make it to the final like this.
This OSU game isn't going to be a cakewalk either. Of the 7 games the Beavers have lost 1 was to #6 UCLA, who they beat later in the season, 3 were to #5 Standford and 2 were to #3 SoCal. They also beat #9 Notre Dame to make it to this game.

Fulwiley was off yesterday. Out of control and not locked on D necessarily. Chloe was back a little to the baby antelope footwork. They will be fine next game.

Sometimes I feel like they don't respect the other team- by the way they seem to get really lazy at times.

They are at their best throwing it inside early and then playing off of that.

There should be NO EXCUSE for anything but 100% defense tomorrow- they have plenty of depth to play all out every minute.

The come down the court and throw it up offense that they fall into when they start getting up big almost always comes back to bite them against decent teams.

I wish Dawn would use her timeouts a little more when that starts getting bad.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Fulwiley was off yesterday. Out of control and not locked on D necessarily. Chloe was back a little to the baby antelope footwork. They will be fine next game.
Hopefully Kitts and Fulwiley will get the message on their undisciplined play. OSU is big, tall, and disciplined—and they shoot the 3 as well as Indiana.

I think y'all bean two tuff on an undefeated team. I agree ... Look Sharp!, Be Sharp!!! We IS!!!
I'm just concerned about the way we have played lately. We seem to lose focus at times and make stupid mistakes, take bad shots, and slack off on defense. We didn't do those things that much during the year. We were killing it in the regular season. We played 8 teams during the regular season that made it to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. We beat those teams by and average of 16.5 points per game. The last 2 games against a #14 and #12 seed we won by an average of 8 points per game.

I sure hope they wake up and play a full 40 minutes of focused basketball these next 2 games or we won't make it.

I'm just concerned about the way we have played lately. We seem to lose focus at times and make stupid mistakes, take bad shots, and slack off on defense. We didn't do those things that much during the year. We were killing it in the regular season. We played 8 teams during the regular season that made it to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. We beat those teams by and average of 16.5 points per game. The last 2 games against a #14 and #12 seed we won by an average of 8 points per game.

I sure hope they wake up and play a full 40 minutes of focused basketball these next 2 games or we won't make it.
To me, and I am not an expert, (unlike many on here lol) seems they are playing “not to lose” vs playing to win!

That may be true. I think we all (myself included) can tend to forget how young this team is and how unexpected what they have done this season really is. We lost so much talent from last year. Our preseason ranking was 6, 7, 8, something in that area. Who truly saw us being undefeated again at this point in the season? Nobody, that's who. Doesn't mean we get to or win the big game. The margin is razor thin right now. They have kept their composure and finished strong. What I love most is that a different player has stepped up every game when they needed it. Raven against Indiana, Tessa against the Beavs and Cardoso and Watkins throughout. If we can hit the three ball, nobody can beat us. If we can't... well, let's hope it doesn't come to that.

To me, and I am not an expert, (unlike many on here lol) seems they are playing “not to lose” vs playing to win!
It just looks to me like they get ahead and become complacent or lackadaisical. They seem to get away from what they were doing to get ahead. From comments she has made I'm sure Dawn is addressing the situation.

Reactions: cockofdawn
If they play like they did against UNCarolina in Round 2, they will be champions, no doubt. Its tough to play that good consistently though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT