ADVERTISEMENT

How I look at the PJ situation .......

Gbocock

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2002
Hickory NC
1. I am thankful he came to USC and played for 2 years
2. I hope everything works out for him in the NBA or Europe.
He will play pro ball and make a very nice living for himself.
It is unlikely he'll have to work like you or I after his B-ball playing
days are done. He showcased his talents at USC, it going to work
now and will make a ton more money that 99% or so of USC grads
coming out 2 yrs from now.
3. I look at the PJ situation as if he had a career ending knee injury last
season. That's why I am so thankful he came to USC. He, Sindarius
and the rest of our young men set the high water mark for MBB at USC.
If we can't be thankful for that .... what can we be thankful for ?

I fully expect PJ to either (1) make the Laker's roster and improve his shooting to the point he can be their starting PG in 2 to 3 yrs ..... or (2) sign with a European team for 2 to 3 years. He'll make great money. He'll play a season that will be very similar in length to what he's used to playing in college. He'll be able to work with excellent shooters and become as good a shooter as he can be. I see PJ becoming a very good shooter out to about 20 feet. His pct will go up the closer he gets to the basket. The main thing he has to do is be a shooter you cannot drop off of to double other shooters. If that's the case you are playing 4 on 5 which is a recipe for disaster. After he works on his shot and gets it where he needs it to be, he'll reenter the draft ad may well be a 1st round pick then.

I believe Terry Dozier (not sure if that's his dad or uncle) played in Europe for about 10 years and made a great living playing there. That tells me he will have a lot of insight into how the European game works and what it pays.

SO I simply come back to being thankful PJ came to Carolina. If we can land Zion from up in Spartanburg. Everyone says it's a foregone conclusion he's a "one & done". Should we not recruit him because of that? I know the answer to that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.