ADVERTISEMENT

How is SOS determined and how the heck is Clemson #2?

E-Cut_22

Jan 24, 2008
I mean how much credit are they given for the Auburn victory? Other than that i see nothing impressive. I know our SOS is nothing to write home about and likely the easiest schedule since we joined the SEC but Clemson at 2 is a joke

P5 wins and the wins the P5 schools have. Clemson has beat more P5 teams with winning records than anyone in the top 25. Road wins add a factor as well. Then the P5 teams get boosts for winning their OOC P5 games as well. Basically read the committee's reasons for being ranked kind of also explains SOS. I think there is a boost for beating a ranked team at time of playing that school as well, so Clemson has won 4 against ranked teams. You have to remember that if said team lost to ranked team them that school would have remained ranked but due to losing helped contribute to falling out of ranking. People just tend to look at current ranks but forget the past.

This isn't a new factor, it was like that before the playoffs for the conspiracy theorists.

I mean how much credit are they given for the Auburn victory? Other than that i see nothing impressive. I know our SOS is nothing to write home about and likely the easiest schedule since we joined the SEC but Clemson at 2 is a joke

P5 wins and the wins the P5 schools have. Clemson has beat more P5 teams with winning records than anyone in the top 25. Road wins add a factor as well. Then the P5 teams get boosts for winning their OOC P5 games as well. Basically read the committee's reasons for being ranked kind of also explains SOS. I think there is a boost for beating a ranked team at time of playing that school as well, so Clemson has won 4 against ranked teams. You have to remember that if said team lost to ranked team them that school would have remained ranked but due to losing helped contribute to falling out of ranking. People just tend to look at current ranks but forget the past.

This isn't a new factor, it was like that before the playoffs for the conspiracy theorists.
Although I am pretty sure you just wanted to start another needless thread about rankings/SOS!

Tater!

It is a joke. Clempsun has been lucky schedule favored them with 4 teams ranked and it would have been 5 is FSU wasn’t shit. Just lucky scheduling. And they have won every one of them. That’s gonna come to an end next week trust me. Pretty boy gonna get his!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT