ADVERTISEMENT

How many 5 star players does it take to score 20 points vs. an 0-3 team?

Well, I was seriously worried about this game all off season. On the road on a Thursday night (short week) is always hard. That was Watson's first start on the road and man did it show. He did not play well. Frankly, he hasn't been crisp all this year. No doubt he isn't a 100% from the knee yet... You don't rehab a 18 month injury in 9 months and come back 100%. The OL played well enough, especially when we were down to our 3rd string RT after the 1st quarter. I expected them to struggle (as in dumpster fire) struggle. They are doing better than I expected. Losing Mike Williams for the season is just killing us. I expected the offense to have to carry us early, but that simply hasn't happened.

Defensively, I've been surprised. I expected our front 7 to be "OK" (as in top 30 or so good), but they've been a nice surprise so far. Granted UL has a poor OL, so we won't really know until ND if they are really good, but it's tough to hold anyone to 19 yards rushing and under 300 yards total offense these days.

Overall, not a good day for Clemson. We played sloppy, turned the ball over, and didn't put UL away when we had the chance. The refs didn't do us any favors either. Really, the most positive thing I take away from the game was just the ability to win. We didn't "Clemson" in the forth quarter and walked away from a game where a lot didn't go our way with a win. I'll take 3-0 for sure.

Well, I was seriously worried about this game all off season. On the road on a Thursday night (short week) is always hard. That was Watson's first start on the road and man did it show. He did not play well. Frankly, he hasn't been crisp all this year. No doubt he isn't a 100% from the knee yet... You don't rehab a 18 month injury in 9 months and come back 100%. The OL played well enough, especially when we were down to our 3rd string RT after the 1st quarter. I expected them to struggle (as in dumpster fire) struggle. They are doing better than I expected. Losing Mike Williams for the season is just killing us. I expected the offense to have to carry us early, but that simply hasn't happened.

Defensively, I've been surprised. I expected our front 7 to be "OK" (as in top 30 or so good), but they've been a nice surprise so far. Granted UL has a poor OL, so we won't really know until ND if they are really good, but it's tough to hold anyone to 19 yards rushing and under 300 yards total offense these days.

Overall, not a good day for Clemson. We played sloppy, turned the ball over, and didn't put UL away when we had the chance. The refs didn't do us any favors either. Really, the most positive thing I take away from the game was just the ability to win. We didn't "Clemson" in the forth quarter and walked away from a game where a lot didn't go our way with a win. I'll take 3-0 for sure.
FYI, it was a short week for Louisville too, DUH!!

Come on man you're better than that.... If you follow college football AT ALL, you know Thursday night games on the road are a serious advantage to the home team. You wanna bust on Clemson struggling to beat an 0-2 team, you got a point. Supposedly Heisman QB looking like shiit, have at it. Keystone cop KO team,ditto. OL struggling... absolutely. These are all low hanging fruit for you and valid points. But trying to say being the home team on Thursday night (on a short week for both teams) doesn't have an advantage doesn't hold water.

Reactions: cockynSC66
Come on man you're better than that.... If you follow college football AT ALL, you know Thursday night games on the road are a serious advantage to the home team. You wanna bust on Clemson struggling to beat an 0-2 team, you got a point. Supposedly Heisman QB looking like shiit, have at it. Keystone cop KO team,ditto. OL struggling... absolutely. These are all low hanging fruit for you and valid points. But trying to say being the home team on Thursday night (on a short week for both teams) doesn't have an advantage doesn't hold water.
You are Crazy, no bigger advantage for any Home team, are you nuts!!?? Clemson coming off two Cupcakes and Louisville coming off two tough teams, You are blind (or an Idiot) if you think Louisville had any advantage as far as scheduling goes!!

The away team loses a day of preperation due to traveling.
You are Crazy, no bigger advantage for any Home team, are you nuts!!?? Clemson coming off two Cupcakes and Louisville coming off two tough teams, You are blind (or an Idiot) if you think Louisville had any advantage as far as scheduling goes!!

The away team loses prep time due to travelling. There is a reason why home teams on Thursday night have a ton of success either winning or covering spreads.

This article is a little old but http://www.businessinsider.com/thursday-night-football-against-the-spread-2011-9

that was the firs tthing that came up with my quick google search.

They went to Louisville.... Not Portland, Not Hawaii, Not Anchorage!! And you are correct, the article is 4 years old.

Doesn't change the fact that the away team loses prep time with travel and doesnt change the fact that Home teams on Thursday night historically have been very very successful.

"On the road on a Thursday night (short week) is always hard"...short week??? you didn't play anyone the previous two weeks!!!! smh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT