ADVERTISEMENT

How much longer do you think Bryce Drew has at Vanderbilt

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
He has been there 3 years and while his recuriting has been very, very god he has had season and conference records decline each year. Has a total 40-58 record and 16-38 conference record. It takes some real work to take a team that, event hough losing their top recruit, has 4 and 5 star players on it to a completely winless record in conference. I think that in and of itself should really show what kind of coach we have in Frank martin. He loses half his team to injury yet still gets 4th place and no 5 stars on the team anywhere. Bryce has one key injury but cant even win a single game.What record do you think he needs next year to keep his job?

He'll get one more because fans love highly rated recruiting classes. Holly Warlick still has a job!
If they dont get in tournament or get bumped first round, I will be really shocked if she keeps her job. I think they are waiting to see if they get in which they probably will based on name, which stinks becasue that means there will be some other team that deserves it more, getting bumped.

He has been there 3 years and while his recuriting has been very, very god he has had season and conference records decline each year. Has a total 40-58 record and 16-38 conference record. It takes some real work to take a team that, event hough losing their top recruit, has 4 and 5 star players on it to a completely winless record in conference. I think that in and of itself should really show what kind of coach we have in Frank martin.

But, I think that you forgot to mention that we only beat this lowly Vanderbilt team by 3 whole points and Bryce Drew did, in fact, beat ALL his Stony Brook, Wyoming (8-24) and Klemsin gimmes. I know, I know and losing to Augusta doesn't count, right?

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Reactions: midline
He will get another year. Didn't take over the greatest situation after Stallings burned it to the ground. Would have been decent this year with a 5 star player he was centering his team around. Then the kid gets hurt. But fans get impatient. And Vandy has always felt like they could be the SEC version of Duke in the SEC, do there will be some heat next year.

Bryce gets at least 1, possibly two, more years. He has all of the built in excuses (inherited a tough situation, injuries, etc), and recruiting has looked great on paper.
We talked about Drew in another thread. The consensus is he's cheating his tail off recruiting. Call me a cynic, but how on earth would a steady stream of 4/5 star talent head to Nashville to play for Bryce Drew? Yeah, he did okay at Valparaiso, but much like Shaka Smart at VCU he wasn't going up against the best that NCAA basketball has to offer. Seriously, I think I heard him mike'd up in two games...and he sounds just like Dabo. "We have to make plays. We have to play harder." (Yeah, Dabo kicks our tail now...but he can't coach. He is smart enough to hire guys who can coach, though.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT