ADVERTISEMENT

How Much Missed Practice Time for Belk Bowl?

onebigdude

Sep 4, 2015
I know Coach Boom and the team took a few days off from practice before the Belk Bowl. However, I've seen different reports offering differing amounts of the downtime taken.

Some say a few days; others say nearly 2 weeks.

Anyone know for sure?

I know Coach Boom and the team took a few days off from practice before the Belk Bowl. However, I've seen different reports offering differing amounts of the downtime taken.

Anyone know for sure?
I thought he said five days in Columbia and two days in charlotte

Reactions: Jpcooper
We took 2 weeks off. One week for exams (understandable) and one week for "decompressing"(that's what the weeks between the season ending and winter workouts are for!). We got in 4 lifts in those two weeks and something like 7 bowl practices total. Complete joke.

Reactions: Jpcooper
Head Coach Will Muschamp decided it was a good idea to take two friggin weeks off before the bowl game?! And he got a raise?!

Fellas...I was totally on board with the Muschamp hire but if this is the type of commitment we should expect from here on, I wish Elliott were kept in place until we found the right coach.

This is unfathomable.,

566602552_o.jpg

Actually there is no rule on how many times you can practice for a bowl game.
Postseason:
  • If more than two weeks elapse between the final regular-season or conference championship game and a bowl or postseason game, then allow up to three practices per week of live contact (including two thud); add three days of noncontact or minimal contact practices per week; and ensure the day preceding and after live contact tackling practices should be noncontact or minimal contact
Per NCAA...although from reading other reports that rule is either not enforced or ignored.

Postseason:
  • If more than two weeks elapse between the final regular-season or conference championship game and a bowl or postseason game, then allow up to three practices per week of live contact (including two thud); add three days of noncontact or minimal contact practices per week; and ensure the day preceding and after live contact tackling practices should be noncontact or minimal contact
Per NCAA...although from reading other reports that rule is either not enforced or ignored.
The real question is what's the minimum you can practice? Lol.Jk

Postseason:

If you ask me... We had one (thud) and that was our Bowl game...

Do we need another one???? Can we just forgo our second thud?

Postseason:
The rule must have changed with the playoff system. 15 used to be the magic number everyone used because that was the time between the regular season ending and when bowl games started I think. I know VA practiced for 3 weeks because their coach said so.

Anyone know for sure?

I saw one report that said two weeks.

It was my understanding the players and staff thought the UVA game was a practice. They're still preparing for the actual bowl game.

Well, the whole idea of going to a bowl game is to get extra practice. If Muschamp blew that opportunity then shame on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT