ADVERTISEMENT

How much revenue do you think the athletic Dept

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
will lose from the canceled game versus the turnout for today? Not faulting them for canceling just asking for a number.
I know we’ll be just fine financially but I couldn’t help but notice the weather this morning. Terrible day for a makeup game.

will lose from the canceled game versus the turnout for today? Not faulting them for canceling just asking for a number.
I know we’ll be just fine financially but I couldn’t help but notice the weather this morning. Terrible day for a makeup game.
Same here. I'd like to see details on this payout. Insurance companies low-ball everything. If nothing else, they will assign a lesser value to what the revenues associated with the Marshall game would have been. That's how they remain profitable. I'm willing to state that USC will receive remuneration that looks significant. I'm betting it will not be at par.

But we won't talk about this, just like we won't talk in hard figures about what we spend on recruiting vs. the other SEC schools or UPC. We'll deliver double talk about "accounting practices", etc.

Reactions: jonesz21
Same here. I'd like to see details on this payout. Insurance companies low-ball everything. If nothing else, they will assign a lesser value to what the revenues associated with the Marshall game would have been. That's how they remain profitable. I'm willing to state that USC will receive remuneration that looks significant. I'm betting it will not be at par.

But we won't talk about this, just like we won't talk in hard figures about what we spend on recruiting vs. the other SEC schools or UPC. We'll deliver double talk about "accounting practices", etc.
Last year we spent exactly $4.7 million less on football than Clemson. How much is on recruiting, salaries, etc I have no clue. All I do know is Clemson was 10th in spending while we were 21.

Reactions: king ward
I think the game today was to be sure we were bowl eligible

Reactions: Judson1

In regards those "Accounting Practices"...

USC spends more in buildup of football under Muschamp. ‘It’s part of the evolution’

So how DO we stand exactly in comparison to others is my question.

And from that article...

“I don’t like to comment on previous situations, but we needed more work in recruiting,” Muschamp said. “We had to really build that department. That wasn’t something we necessarily had.”

Just thought Id post that. Now one y'all clarify how we exactly compare to others!!

To me you really have to screw the pooch to hold a major college football game and have attendance this low.

I agree 100% on the recruiting cost issue. Gamecock Nation needs an answer NOW.

Reactions: king ward
Do you all not read? The AD has stated several times there is full insurance to cover any loses and USC will not lose any money from cancelling and rescheduling the game. Period.

Reactions: Judson1
Do you all not read? The AD has stated several times there is full insurance to cover any loses and USC will not lose any money from cancelling and rescheduling the game. Period.
Come on. Don't ruin these poster's day. They love it, love it when something goes wrong Of course, give them a minute and they will find something else.

Come on. Don't ruin these poster's day. They love it, love it when something goes wrong Of course, give them a minute and they will find something else.

Yep. Sometimes I think we dont even need our rival's fans trashing us, we have enough of our own "fans" to take care of that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT