ADVERTISEMENT

How sad to have a defense that can't ever get off the field

uscjunkie36

Aug 21, 2009
I have never seen anything like it. Where were the run blitzes, stack the box and make Franks beat one on one coverage. Nope lets just do the same crap over and over and hope it gets better. This team is exhausting!

Reactions: GarnetBlood80
I have never seen anything like it. Where were the run blitzes, stack the box and make Franks beat one on one coverage. Nope lets just do the same crap over and over and hope it gets better. This team is exhausting!

Easy on the defense. Franks is an NFL caliber QB. He’ll do this to a lot of teams in his career...

Oh, no...wait. Franks sucks. Our defense is $hit.

I bet they’ll come out with some “nobody believes in us” crap on Twitter this week. Well, yes...we don’t. And why should we?

What’s sadder than that is there is a d line coach in Lexington looking for work named brad Lawing

Reactions: 92Pony
Easy on the defense. Franks is an NFL caliber QB. He’ll do this to a lot of teams in his career...

Oh, no...wait. Franks sucks. Our defense is $hit.

I bet they’ll come out with some “nobody believes in us” crap on Twitter this week. Well, yes...we don’t. And why should we?

I've been watching all the posts and you seem to be the only one who's on top of this. (besides me of course..lol) It is crystal clear to me that EVERYONE in our secondary literally does not want to make contact. They go out of their way to make it look like they are ohhhh so close to making a tackle, when in reality all they're doing is trying to figure out a way to not make contact. This happens play after play after play. It would be easy to call out one player back there, but they ALL do it. To say they are soft would be an insult to soft. The secondary wants NO PART of any contact, and it's blatantly obvious to see on every replay.

Reactions: Carolina4
I've been watching all the posts and you seem to be the only one who's on top of this. (besides me of course..lol) It is crystal clear to me that EVERYONE in our secondary literally does not want to make contact. They go out of their way to make it look like they are ohhhh so close to making a tackle, when in reality all they're doing is trying to figure out a way to not make contact. This happens play after play after play. It would be easy to call out one player back there, but they ALL do it. To say they are soft would be an insult to soft. The secondary wants NO PART of any contact, and it's blatantly obvious to see on every replay.

Glad you see it as well. Horn will fight blocks and tackle. Those other guys avoid it on a level I have never seen before. Fenton especially. His last move before contact is away from the ball carrier. It’s bizzarre and I can’t believe I’m seeing that at this level.

I think Muschamp was sorta alluding to this very topic in his presser without actually coming out and saying it.

Glad you see it as well. Horn will fight blocks and tackle. Those other guys avoid it on a level I have never seen before. Fenton especially. His last move before contact is away from the ball carrier. It’s bizzarre and I can’t believe I’m seeing that at this level.
They do tend to mill around lots as if they are at a YWCA social--

If these guys were armadillos, they would be road-kill

Last edited:
This defense is hard to figure out. Last week we couldn't stop the pass, this week the run.
I will agree that the basic tackling technique is severally lacking.

The defense was throwing a no-hitter. We need four DJ Swearinger type players in the defensive backfield. Horn is a good player, but the rest of them don’t want to tackle. They remind me of Deion Sanders...minus the cover skills.

This defense is hard to figure out. Last week we couldn't stop the pass, this week the run.
I will agree that the basic tackling technique is severally lacking.
Maybe we could join a one-hand touch league, not two-hand which would require more effort and we have an extreme aversion to close contact.. Anyone who believes that our defensive effort is worthy of the implication that they could resist the efforts of an overly aggressive group of trick-or-treaters is laboring under a severe apprehension. They chomp to the max. I honestly believe that Elliot would have been a better choice to replace Spurrier.

Maybe we could join a one-hand touch league, not two-hand which would require more effort and we have an extreme aversion to close contact.. Anyone who believes that our defensive effort is worthy of the implication that they could resist the efforts of an overly aggressive group of trick-or-treaters is laboring under a severe apprehension. They chomp to the max. I honestly believe that Elliot would have been a better choice to replace Spurrier.

Careful. There's a few on this board who absolutely refuses to take a look.....in slow motion....to see for themselves our guys DELIBERATELY making moves to avoid any contact. It's kinda like seeing a forward pass, and then denying it ever happened. Whatever. I know for a fact our guys are doing it. The replays don't lie.

What’s sadder than that is there is a d line coach in Lexington looking for work named brad Lawing
And I don't think we've had a stinking pass rush since he's been gone!!! No pressure on the QB today or any time in the past several years.

Brad was my coach in the 90s and I can tell you, not sure what more he can do with this bunch.We are not physically capable of getting off blocks, outside of Kinlaw consistently.We need more dudes.I really wish we ran a 1 gap defense, the guys we have fit that style more than what they wanna run.Fortunately we have bigger guys coming.Enagbare and Sandidge should both be around 300+ in another year or 2. Unfortunately they arent here yesterday.

Reactions: jonesz21
Brad was my coach in the 90s and I can tell you, not sure what more he can do with this bunch.We are not physically capable of getting off blocks, outside of Kinlaw consistently.We need more dudes.I really wish we ran a 1 gap defense, the guys we have fit that style more than what they wanna run.Fortunately we have bigger guys coming.Enagbare and Sandidge should both be around 300+ in another year or 2. Unfortunately they arent here yesterday.

We need a pass rushing DE also which we haven’t had in a while

Reactions: Garnetskies
I saw that but ill give him a slight pass this once because he was worn out like hell.What the hell is wrong with Ibe and Nick...they have missed like 1000 games.Why even transfer?

Reactions: mavcock
And I don't think we've had a stinking pass rush since he's been gone!!! No pressure on the QB today or any time in the past several years.
the best
I saw that but ill give him a slight pass this once because he was worn out like hell.What the hell is wrong with Ibe and Nick...they have missed like 1000 games.Why even transfer?
To see the country???

Help is coming guys. As bad as it looked Muschamp has us in another bowl. He will turn things around im certain of it. Just dont be surprised when Clemson destroys us. We just dont have the horses yet

So crazy that for years USC has always had a decent to really good D for much of the 2000s, and now when we have a really explosive uptempo offense, the D is terrible.One day soon the planets will align and both will be great.

I watched Roderick stop and wait on one Florida player and then watched him go around him
I'm hoping what I saw out of that young man is not his normal play because what I saw borders on pathetic. He should hope that game film gets lost. The future is not looking good.

So crazy that for years USC has always had a decent to really good D for much of the 2000s, and now when we have a really explosive uptempo offense, the D is terrible.One day soon the planets will align and both will be great.

No disrespect intended, but life's a bitch. This season has been agonizing. Just 2-3 key SOS-era guys on D could have meant 2-3 more wins.

Listen, this secondary is PLAYING THEIR $&@& OFF! Best I’ve seen at any level since the ‘81 Niners. I don’t even care about Election Day, I’m getting ready for Florida, it’s gonna be a 3 quarter game for sure. Now, be quiet so I can check my online banking......

Damn a$$ clown, and who didn’t honestly know it back in 2015? And who cares what Greg McElroy says about keeping this guy? His bell is still ringing from Travian Robertson, and Cliff Matthews. God I miss those 2.

Simply don't have the depth. There was a time Saturday when we had 5 true freshman on the field on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT