ADVERTISEMENT

*Hurricane Ian updates*

Yep, no surprise its headed right for my house in northern MtP. Lol
Three weeks ago the NWS confirmed an EF Zero tornado touched down on my street. My street is only 4 blocks long. A month before we were hit by a microburst. That was crazy. Like the shockwave of a bomb that was dropped. Sitting on my front porch when it happened, I had to ride that out there. Pressure dropped rapidly and because of that my door wouldnt open as I being pelted by tree twigs and stuff.
Now this. I guess the bright side is if this continues, I wont have much to clean up anymore.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Three weeks ago the NWS confirmed an EF Zero tornado touched down on my street. My street is only 4 blocks long. A month before we were hit by a microburst. That was crazy. Like the shockwave of a bomb that was dropped. Sitting on my front porch when it happened, I had to ride that out there. Pressure dropped rapidly and because of that my door wouldnt open as I being pelted by tree twigs and stuff.
Now this. I guess the bright side is if this continues, I wont have much to clean up anymore.
Wow. Stay safe

Reactions: bucketdad
You have to watch those weather channel people carefully. Remember the videos with the weather reporter holding on to a post to keep from being blown away by the terrible winds and two guys and a little dog walked behind him with not a hair blowing out of place? How’d they do that? A good friend in Tampa says the locals listen to no national weather reports because there’s too much hype - but they do listen to the local stations.

Best wishes and prayers to the people in Fort Myers and all others in the path of this storm.

Reactions: Neanderthal
Strange here in MtP. If you've been watching the radar, youd think it's been raining here for hours. But we havent had a drop yet at my house. Windy tho. Good news is it hasnt rained here in a week or so so the ground can take it a little better. And the longer we get no rain while it knocks on our door, the better. Hoping the worse isnt at high tide. That's probably the main concern.

That's just sad. Hurricanes are a serious matter and people are already on edge. In a healthy functioning society, this reporter and the network would be fined. The Weather Channel's Mike Seidel should have been fired for his nonsense a few years back.

I am not sure of the issue here.

This was Tampa. Wind gusts were in the 60 mph range at this time of the day. I was outside today with a crew working on a road and the wind was whipping at 30-35 mph gusts and the guys were packing it in for the day.

The guy in the video is standing still. The other guy in the background 50 75 yards away is walking to his car. I wouldn't describe is as "calmly walking." He looks to be pretty focused on getting to his car. We can't see how it is impacting him but he sure doesn't seem interested in doing anything but quickly getting into his car as his car door is flung wide open by the wind. The wind is obviously blowing very hard.

It seems entirely reasonable to me the guy walking straight to his car is not having as much of a problem at the moment as someone standing still trying to talk to a camera.

Last edited:
Strange here in MtP. If you've been watching the radar, youd think it's been raining here for hours. But we havent had a drop yet at my house. Windy tho. Good news is it hasnt rained here in a week or so so the ground can take it a little better. And the longer we get no rain while it knocks on our door, the better. Hoping the worse isnt at high tide. That's probably the main concern.

Looking at the current radar, it looks like the rain is just off the coast. I'm looking at the 5:05pm update where the rain appears to be just off the coast from Mount Pleasant.

Guess I need to ignore the radars shown by most channels on tv. They've had the yellow and red stuff covering us for quite a while. Thanks

I admit I don't understand them either. Sometimes the WIS weather app radar is perfect for my location- and other times it shows a storm on top of me and nothing.

I think the National Weather Service and those that use them- like Accuweather- is more accurate generally.

I admit I don't understand them either. Sometimes the WIS weather app radar is perfect for my location- and other times it shows a storm on top of me and nothing.

I think the National Weather Service and those that use them- like Accuweather- is more accurate generally.
Yeah I havent had a lot of time to watch the reports today. Kinda had my hands full prepping the house. All I'd see is those little radar boxes in the corner of the tv screen on a given channel when I'd walk by.

Looks like it's going into Myrtle or Outerbanks now and Charleston will be on the south side of activity. Good news for those in the Lowcountry.

I am not sure of the issue here.

This was Tampa. Wind gusts were in the 60 mph range at this time of the day. I was outside today with a crew working on a road and the wind was whipping at 30-35 mph gusts and the guys were packing it in for the day.

The guy in the video is standing still. The other guy in the background 50 75 yards away is walking to his car. I wouldn't describe is as "calmly walking." He looks to be pretty focused on getting to his car. We can't see how it is impacting him but he sure doesn't seem interested in doing anything but quickly getting into his car as his car door is flung wide open by the wind. The wind is obviously blowing very hard.

It seems entirely reasonable to me the guy walking straight to his car is not having as much of a problem at the moment as someone standing still trying to talk to a camera.
Look at the trees which are doing very little and listen to his voice/fear messaging. The Twitter police are all over him so he's in social purgatory like Siedel a few years back.

Reactions: cocks rule
I’m on Hwy 41 (Planters Pointe) near Harris Teeter. Where are you?

Reactions: bucketdad
Look at the trees which are doing very little and listen to his voice/fear messaging. The Twitter police are all over him so he's in social purgatory like Siedel a few years back.

Maybe I am looking at something very different but the bushes and such seem to be blowing quite hard and the camera is shaking. The onscreen graphics say 60 mph gusts.

I mean, we know the devastation in Florida is incredible.

I just don't see the issue. The guy is trying to stand still and talk - much different than someone walking 50 yards behind him and it's impossible to see if he's struggling or not from 50 yards away.

The twitter police can often be wrong.

Sometimes it is wrong and those weather reporters are brave to venture in to some of these storms. But Seidel has a history of hyping it up. I wonder if he takes a huge fan and places it just off camera? Or has someone throw building supplies at him or pours water out of a 50 gallon trash can off the top of a building? He can’t make a simple report.

“Just the facts, Jack. Just the facts.” Not Seidel.

Reactions: turncock
Add Robin Meade to the list. Such a pretty girl that only frowns. Her onsite reporter in MB couldn't believe that a restaurant nearby wasn't going to close it's doors today. Stated that they were hanging around and waiting for the worst. Fear mongering is what gets everyone's attention.

Reactions: Cybercock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT