ADVERTISEMENT

Hurts going to Oklahoma

Just keep repeating the same unfounded criticism and maybe you will amass a few idiots to believe you. Seems to be de rigueur nowadays.
I am going by his results. I even showed you the links to stories about writers and Ray saying his inexperience was a reason he didn’t get the job here.

I am going by his results. I even showed you the links to stories about writers and Ray saying his inexperience was a reason he didn’t get the job here.
Ray said it was a concern, not the reason he didn't get the job. He didn't get the job because he withdrew his name after talking with Stoops.

Ray said it was a concern, not the reason he didn't get the job. He didn't get the job because he withdrew his name after talking with Stoops.
That was a first thought but the timeline doesn’t matchup. Upon doing some research on Oklahoma forums they were very concerned he would come here, Bob didn’t announce until that April. Why would Bob let him interview twice for this job? You’d think he would have told him and the first interview cancelled and he withdraws his name from consideration.

That was a first thought but the timeline doesn’t matchup. Upon doing some research on Oklahoma forums they were very concerned he would come here, Bob didn’t announce until that April. Why would Bob let him interview twice for this job? You’d think he would have told him and the first interview cancelled and he withdraws his name from consideration.
Why wouldn't he let him interview? Stoops needed his ducks in a row....needed approval from the AD and the Board before actually approaching Riley....it had to be a done deal. No reason to tell him until he is sure that it has approval from all the decision makers.

Reactions: HI Cock
Maybe Bob hadn't made up his mind yet? Or maybe his AD had talked him into staying initially, then he realized his staff would be cannibalized and he decided to do what was best for OU and step down.

Jalen Hurts can be tutored by the greatest QB coach in history, imo, he still will never play QB in the NFL
Hurts should've chosen Duke. At least Cutcliffe would give him a chance at the NFL. At OU, he stands a good chance of sitting behind that superstar freshman they recruited.

I would say the rich get richer but that can’t be the case. So I’ll just say the rich stay rich. Which is what college football is in a nutshell. Lather rinse repeat.

Hurts can’t throw. People forgot all of a sudden, because of 2 quick TDs in the SECG, that Hurts was a liability for Alabama the previous two seasons. They didn’t win because of their offense. Sure...he has a tremendous record as a starter. You know who else does??? That Alabama defense over the past 10 years.

Mark it down...the Hurts experiment won’t go as well as people are predicting. And he has no future in the NFL, unless it’s at another position than QB.

All that being my opinion / prediction (which is probably going to end up being wrong now) I think Hurts made a good decision. 2 Heisman Trophies in two seasons as a HC for Riley. That’s crazy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT