ADVERTISEMENT

"I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)."…. Meat Loaf passed away at age 74

A source told TMZ he had recently been sick with COVID. No idea if true or not.

Michael Lee Aday (born Marvin Lee Aday; September 27, 1947 – January 20, 2022), better known as Meat Loaf,

Michael Lee Aday (born Marvin Lee Aday; September 27, 1947 – January 20, 2022), better known as Meat Loaf,
I HATE TMZ! But they usually get it right. Meat was 74 had had major heart surgery, 19 documented concussions, numerous other surgeries. He was not a healthy man

I remember the song in the 90's, but wasn't around for his early career. Tell me people that were older in the 70's and 80's, how popular was he way back in the day? I heard he was big, but who were his contemporaries?

I remember the song in the 90's, but wasn't around for his early career. Tell me people that were older in the 70's and 80's, how popular was he way back in the day? I heard he was big, but who were his contemporaries?
I thought everyone knew several of their songs such as two out of three ain't bad and paradise by the dashboard lights.

My wife is a few years younger than me and she never heard of either.

I grew up in the 70' / 80's and these were two of my favorite songs. Still are today. I listened and shed a tear for meatloaf this morning.

Reactions: cocks rule
Losing too many rockers - RIP. If I’m not mistaken, that’s Phil Rizutto on Paradise by the Dashboard Lights.

Losing too many rockers - RIP. If I’m not mistaken, that’s Phil Rizutto on Paradise by the Dashboard Lights.
An internet article said he didn’t know what getting to third base and home meant.

I stumbled across Meat Loaf back in the 80s. My mom and dad were getting a car repaired, and were given a loaner car that I usually drove to school that week. “Bat Out of Hell” was in the cassette player and I loved it.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Meatloaf duets with Karla DeVito on Paradise by the Dashboard Light and Bat Out of Hell. She is married to former USC prof Robbie Benson.

Never knew he sang 5 tracks on Ted Nugent's 1976 Free for All album, until I read Meatloaf's wiki page....Nugent only paid him $1000, but it only took two days work for meatloaf.

Saw this on yahoo not long ago:

So, how did Meat Loaf die? While no official cause of death has been shared, TMZ reported that sources with knowledge of the moments leading up to Meat Loaf’s passing claimed that he was “seriously ill” with COVID-19 before his death. The rock star was reportedly planning to attend a business dinner just days before his death to discuss a show he was working on, titled after his famous single, “I’d Do Anything For Love.” But, according to the insiders, Meat Loaf never made it—the musician had to cancel his dinner as his health was already on the decline.

At the time of writing, it is unclear if Meat Loaf was ever vaccinated against the virus. Meat Loaf’s family have also yet to confirm or deny these claims.

Just months before his death, Meat Loaf opened up about being “scared to death” of COVID—yet he claimed he’d “rather die” than have to deal with quarantine. During an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette published in August 2021, he also labeled face masks a “nuisance.”

“You’re not afraid (of Covid)?” a reporter asked him at the time, to which he replied, “Oh, I’m scared to death! You kidding me? But I’m sorry, I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics. And right now they’re stopping because of politics. And on CNN last night, it finally came out that the masks we’re all wearing are useless. But I’ve known that for six months. They don’t do anything. They don’t stop you from getting Covid.”

Later, when the interview said, “We’re being controlled by everybody,” Meat Loaf replied, “Yeah, I know. But not me. If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled.”

I'll leave it here.. But as usual people take to twitter to make fun of someone who died with COVID because they don't want to comply with Mandates. I will tell you that I'm sure my older cousins (past 68 years old, who are older than me are making fun at someone's expensive on twitter. I do not like anyone who makes fun at someone's death or expense and that's including any of my family members by blood. I believe Meat Loaf had heart issues years before COVID and I'm sure he his big heart just gave out.

How Meat Loaf got his nickname: Rock legend’s multitude of explanations​

Meat-Loaf-Throwback_Getty.jpg

I'll leave it here.. But as usual people take to twitter to make fun of someone who died with COVID because they don't want to comply with Mandates. I will tell you that I'm sure my older cousins (past 68 years old, who are older than me are making fun at someone's expensive on twitter. I do not like anyone who makes fun at someone's death or expense and that's including any of my family members by blood. I believe Meat Loaf had heart issues years before COVID and I'm sure he his big heart just gave out.

How Meat Loaf got his nickname: Rock legend’s multitude of explanations​

Meat-Loaf-Throwback_Getty.jpg

Up front, I am vaxxed, boosted, and wear a mask when grocery shopping

Here is an excellent article that really looks at a lot of the issues.

I’ve done probably 10 Covid funerals in the past year.

They are grieving hurting families..... my task is to help them grieve and bury their loved one with dignity, hope and love. I never ask if their loved one was vaxxed. I want to... but they need pastoral care not a public health lecture from me.

Many folks feel shame about how their loved ones die; suicide, drunk driving, lung cancer from smoking, HIV. Covid is just the latest to be added to this list

Up front, I am vaxxed, boosted, and wear a mask when grocery shopping

Here is an excellent article that really looks at a lot of the issues.

I’ve done probably 10 Covid funerals in the past year.

They are grieving hurting families..... my task is to help them grieve and bury their loved one with dignity, hope and love. I never ask if their loved one was vaxxed. I want to... but they need pastoral care not a public health lecture from me.

Many folks feel shame about how their loved ones die; suicide, drunk driving, lung cancer from smoking, HIV. Covid is just the latest to be added to this list

I am double vaccinated, had my booster, and I don't wear a mask when at the grocery store or anywhere...

Done with Covid since end of March 2020 after 15 days..

Last edited:
Reactions: bayrooster
I have no idea who Xeni is but she can go to hell. Sick of people having no sympathy who made a different medical decision for themselves. Should be nobody else`s damn business. By the way, I am double vaxed, boosted, age 67 and I will never wear a mask unless it`s required. I have to at work but won`t wear it if I don`t have to. Whatever happened to the social norm that you weren`t supposed to "shame" people, i.e. for being overweight, etc. Yet a lot of those same people have no problem shaming people who choose not to get a vaccine that clearly doesn`t prevent you from getting Covid. Yes it may mute the symptoms but many breakthrough cases. Whatever happened to respecting the deceased? Not too much to ask, basic human empathy, which some of these people lack. RIP Meat Loaf.

I have no idea who Xeni is but she can go to hell. Sick of people having no sympathy who made a different medical decision for themselves. Should be nobody else`s damn business. By the way, I am double vaxed, boosted, age 67 and I will never wear a mask unless it`s required. I have to at work but won`t wear it if I don`t have to. Whatever happened to the social norm that you weren`t supposed to "shame" people, i.e. for being overweight, etc. Yet a lot of those same people have no problem shaming people who choose not to get a vaccine that clearly doesn`t prevent you from getting Covid. Yes it may mute the symptoms but many breakthrough cases. Whatever happened to respecting the deceased? Not too much to ask, basic human empathy, which some of these people lack. RIP Meat Loaf.

This is the right direction. Treat it like the flu...

For someone to make fun of someone's death shows that person, if can call them a person has no soul...

Reactions: viennacocks
For those who are vaxxed and boosted, treating it like the flu seems reasonable. For the unvaccinated not so much.
It is still much deadlier than the flu and the stats are holding up that 95% of the deaths are unvaccinated.

What a dipshit.. His death was likely preventable but good for him on testing that assumption at his earliest convenience. Lol.

His music wasn’t for me. but I see how theater kids would dig it. He was good in Fight Club.

Last edited:
For those who are vaxxed and boosted, treating it like the flu seems reasonable. For the unvaccinated not so much.
It is still much deadlier than the flu and the stats are holding up that 95% of the deaths are unvaccinated.

The 95% stat continues to be completely false. It's not true here or anywhere else in the world. The largest hospital in San Francisco reported last week that 72% of their ICU COVID patients were fully vaccinated. This is consistent with what been told from many hospital admins in the Southeast. It's one of the primary reasons the UK, Ireland and others are removing all restrictions. It's also the reason the pharmaceutical companies are scrambling to get their new anti-virals to market. Speaking of antivirals, New Hampshire is set to offer Ivermectin OTC soon right alongside aspirin.
https://www.newsweek.com/new-hampsh...se-ivermectin-without-doctor-approval-1670883

Early treatment has always been the solution and, after two years and many unnecessary deaths, leaders are finally starting to acknowledge that fact.

Last edited:
The 95% stat continues to be completely false. It's not true here or anywhere else in the world. The largest hospital in San Francisco reported last week that 72% of their ICU COVID patients were fully vaccinated. This is consistent with what been told from many hospital admins in the Southeast. It's one of the primary reasons the UK, Ireland and others are removing all restrictions. It's also the reason the pharmaceutical companies are scrambling to get their new anti-virals to market. Speaking of antivirals, New Hampshire is set to offer Ivermectin OTC soon right alongside aspirin.
https://www.newsweek.com/new-hampsh...se-ivermectin-without-doctor-approval-1670883

Early treatment has always been the solution and, after two years and many unnecessary deaths, leaders are finally starting to acknowledge that fact.

Please provide link to SF Stats, I would be interested

What a dipshit.. His death was likely preventable but good for him on testing that assumption at his earliest convenience. Lol.

His music wasn’t for me. but I see how theater kids would dig it. He was good in Fight Club.
Some people can't take the vaccine because of health issues.. With Meal Loaf having heart issues, he was better off not getting the vaccine, but we don't know because we are not his doctor..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT