ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll eat my crow...

sneakattack

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2010
After the loss to NC, I thought it was going to be a long season...

CS, kind of poked my interest again.

Alabama...
I’ll start with the SEC owes us an apology. You can throw out the no review at the end of the half, it’s BS, but mistakes happens. Horn can eat the 4th TD in the 1st half, his non-Pass interference was his fault, he keeps his hands down and throws the incomplete wave, and it’s in-complete, and not PI. He will learn.
Bama’s right guard easily had 7 false starts they didn’t call, and it could have been almost every snap the first half...
Holding on the return, 2 no PI calls, easily worst half of officiating I have watched in a while... and I can’t even mention the BS ticky tacky holding on markaway without my blood boiling.
I figured Bama was going to get the better calls...but for **** sakes, that was ridiculous.

The complaining out of the way. (Towards refs)
Every single play can be armchaired, so lay off you sound ignorant, and you are. You can question and should at not calling a time out at the Dowdle TD, no reason to not call a time out. (Insert Amateur Hour GIF)

Edwards, was a man on fire, have to start with him. Guy left his guts, his heart, and damn near everything else out there.

This has already gotten long winded so I’ll get condensed.

The secondary has some issues to iron out, but with the line play, I think you will see this unit make the biggest improvement throughout the year, and a quarter of it is coaching/trust.
We played soft on blitzes, and that will change as the coaches trust them more, you will see that yard + 1/2 disappear as long as the safety play improves, and they trust them to pick up anything that slips through, and that will give the corners the ability to either take away the quick slant, or put them in position to get a pick six. (They just played against the best group of receivers they will see all season, so lighten up a hair)

Hilinski, if you can’t be happy with him at QB, hang it up, guy is a difference maker, and his arm is only 25% of it. 75% is his leadership, some guys have it, others meh, others no. Future is bright, blinding bright with him.

We ran the ball on Bama. We ran the ball on Bama... Dowdle and Edwards obviously had the same breakfast, and it needs to be the same every game day from here on out.

If our team and coaches show up like they did Saturday, then we will hang with and can damn near beat anyone else on our schedule, less a couple teams... need to continue to recruit and next year could be very interesting, and 2021 should be special, but I’ll still temper my expectations until I see a few more games, but I’ll lay off Muschamp for now... still a lot of football to play, and I still want to see us progress through out the year, and mainly on defense, I think BM has looked a little better each game, still has some wrinkles to Iron out, but I’m liking the direction he’s headed, and it looks like he has a ton of trust in Hilinski.

Sorry way longer than I thought...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News