ADVERTISEMENT

I’m a football junkie. But it’s really hard being one nowadays.

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
After our debacle earlier I tried to reset as much I could. Went to an event with my daughter. Got back home and once again I’m watching UGA and Clemsin pushing all the right buttons. Their fans are happy. They’re having a great time, living it up. I can’t even count on a Clemsin collapse anymore. I gotta hope they get clipped in January. It’s a tough time to be aGamecock right now. I wanna believe we are getting better. It’s slow like scaling a mountain. But I think it is happening. Meanwhile though it would be nice to see our neighbors endure some bad breaks. I don’t know.... maybe one of the three defensive linemen actually take NFL money? A walk on NOT be an All America candidate? I guess I need to watch some Lacey Chabert on Hallmark with the wife.

Reactions: Carolina4
The misery is compounded because of Clemson’s success. Hard time to be a Gamecock right now. Men’s Baskeball looking rough too. Hopefully Coach Kingston gets the job done.

Reactions: Judson1
I feel your pain. It sucks to have to pray for a miracle from a. Terrible ACC team to beat the taters, especially knowing that we can’t beat them ourselves. It’s a horrible feeling

I feel your pain. It sucks to have to pray for a miracle from a. Terrible ACC team to beat the taters, especially knowing that we can’t beat them ourselves. It’s a horrible feeling
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
It's very deflating to realize that the season is getting near its end, and what we do means nothing to anyone but us - and increasingly fewer of us.

Reactions: Judson1
I have been a fan for 50 plus years. Between the endless chatter about Clemson on TV and the total irrelevancy of our team, the fall is not the funniest time of the year anymore. This decade has been both the best of times and the worst of times for Gamecock fans—yes, I know we once went 2 seasons without a win in the 90s but it’s much harder to accept being a mediocre program now because we experienced those 11 win seasons and seemed to be a program on the rise. Then we blinked and it all disappeared.

I have been a fan for 50 plus years. Between the endless chatter about Clemson on TV and the total irrelevancy of our team, the fall is not the funniest time of the year anymore. This decade has been both the best of times and the worst of times for Gamecock fans—yes, I know we once went 2 seasons without a win in the 90s but it’s much harder to accept being a mediocre program now because we experienced those 11 win seasons and seemed to be a program on the rise. Then we blinked and it all disappeared.
Fun has been hard to come by this season....It was fun today for nearly three quarters. I have no idea why coach feels the need to "play the numbers" at this point of a lackluster season. We should have stayed in up-tempo and scored 45-50 today. The announcers even commented that we abandoned what was working so well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT