ADVERTISEMENT

I’m surprised to be proven right so quickly

JamesRob

May 31, 2012
Beamer is clearly in over his head but I thought he could at least throw some money and overpay for a couple of decent assistants.

This is unraveling much quicker than I expected. I ask yet again, name another SEC fan base that would tolerate this incompetence.

How does Ray Ray still have the AD job?

Beamer is clearly in over his head but I thought he could at least throw some money and overpay for a couple of decent assistants.

This is unraveling much quicker than I expected. I ask yet again, name another SEC fan base that would tolerate this incompetence.

How is this a reflection on Beamer? This proves Bobo was a lying hypocrite. It does not prove Beamer is in over his head.

Less to do with Beamer, than exposing what it is to be South Carolina.

When you want something to be true so badly, you begin to ignore clear evidence to the contrary.
You're right...he's wrong. It's pretty simple.
You can either attract talented coaches, or at worst over the hill names. What do we have at this point?

Is Garrett Riley scared of this nightmare we're in??? Somebody PLEASE bring Air Raid here so we can at least be competitive in the next 1-2 years. Even if every game is 53-48.....we will score. Maybe we will have 53 a few times.

tenor.gif

How does this reflect on Beamer at all?

I would have preferred Chadwell or Napier, or Campbell, but wasn't opposed to Beamer, and I drank the Kool-aid. If there's truth to the idea that he was hired over one of those guys because he was willing to hang on to Bobo and others from Muschamp's staff, while the other guys wanted to clean house, then this was a huge screw-up and Tanner was played. This does feel like the worst shape we've been in since I can remember.

OMHO Beamer had no choice but to let Bobo walk. A new CEO can't start out letting his hires walk all over him. This smacks of Bobo trying to assume a dominant position. He'd agreed to a contract, and then came weaseling back looking for more money. Hate it if we lose Dez, but he is going to be in demand based on his success with Harris and with Loyd next year, we need to be prepared.

No....but apparently he attracts the best and brightest coaches in America. Per him.... they're beating down his door to even hear about a chance to coach with him at USC.

This screamed naivete....amongst other things. Seems like a great guy....but this admin/hiring powers have used him as a pawn and both will come out losers.

Yeah, that is exactly what you are doing. Very self aware.

The good news is we will see, you can’t hide from results in football.

Here is to hoping Beamer pulls a rabbit out of the hat and everything works out in the end. I think even the most ardent Beamerite has to understand Shane is going to make a lot of mistakes. Learning on the job in the SEC isn’t easy.

The good news is we will see, you can’t hide from results in football.

Here is to hoping Beamer pulls a rabbit out of the hat and everything works out in the end. I think even the most ardent Beamerite has to understand Shane is going to make a lot of mistakes. Learning on the job in the SEC isn’t easy.
Beamer publicly endorsed Bobo as the guy he would have called 1st if he wasn’t on staff. Told some stories about Bobo and how his dad considered hiring him at VT. That makes it more personal. Beamer put his name on the line as he saw Bobo as someone who wanted to be here for a long time. That’s what makes Beamer look like he misjudged Bobo’s character. I know things always are different behind the scenes, but Beamer has said things publicly that have not lined up with reality. He’s going to be scrutinized as a new HC, so he might have to back off the cheerleading and promises and keep things a little closer to the vest. At least until he has a complete and stable staff in place. Sooner than later.......I hope😬

If the basketball and football IQs of our fanbase as demonstrated in the above kernel of wisdom were any lower, it would be a negative number.

So you basing this on coaching search ? Yet some how you claim to be “ proven right already “? Lol
How about you wait til a full staff is in place and games have been played
Good grief ! Some people on here are just ridiculous

I don’t care that Bo is leaving but it was a jerk move to break it off in Beamer after he was selling the fan base on how lucky we were to have him as an OC. It puts us a lot further down the road without the two most important assistants. I don’t want to see anymore retread Dawgs on campus the rest of my life.

You have no idea what you are talking about. No idea at all. Here is why:
1. you do not know any of these people.
2. They don't know you exist so they have never confided in you
3. You have no inside knowledge of this coaching staff
4. You have never been to any meetings between these people
5. You have never managed a million dollar payroll consisting of football coaches
6. You have never recruited a college player to a P5 college
7. You never talked to Beamer
8. You never talked to Bobo
9. you never talked to Ray
10 you never talked to the anyone in the athletic department
11. You are a gossiper

You don't know anymore about this subject than my niece who was born last month. It's time for all you haters and just mean people to put up or shut up.

I vote for the shut up part..

well of course matching the offer would have been absurd, but obviously Bobo was looking to move on. That had to have been somewhat obvious.
Insider on tos saying bobo was efforting a raise and was caught off guard by Beamer telling him okay bye

Reactions: shagginrooster
You won't be proven right until or unless the young man fails. The time to gloat might come - if you are so inclined. But now is not that time. I really don't understand the apparent euphoria.

It isn't euphoria as much as validation for some who believe they are vindicated because they could clearly see something that they believe is on full display for all to see at this point.

Many people on this board brow beat any poster who questioned if Shane had the experience to lead a major program. More than a few scoffed and mocked those of us who pushed for Napier or Freeze or even Chadwell.

We were boobs b/c Shane's experience and pedigree were so far superior. It was his dream job and he wanted it more than anyone else. How dare we question the players of the past that said he could do it.

I am not suggesting he has failed miserably, but anyone who claims the last few weeks have not been less than optimal just are not rational people to have a discussion with.

I would like to know from the ardent Beamerites, if this team wins 4 games next year, how are you going to feel? I personally think it will be in that range. If it happens, will that be acceptable? Is it Will's fault, or Spurriers or whose?

Reactions: FightinRooster

Why don’t you pick one and go bother them

I think Coach Beamer handled this the right way. He could not have anticipated that Auburn would fire Malzhan and hire Harsin and that Harsin would want to hire Bobo. When Bobo notified him he was considering the job at Auburn Beamer told him to take it rather than spend more money to keep an OC like Mike Bobo.

While I don't think it shows high character on the part of Mike Bobo this is the way things work these days. Schools with big bucks are going to use that advantage whenever they can. We are in a big and wealthy conference. We are going to have to be innovative to compete. We just don't have the wealthy donor base of Auburn, LSU, A&M, Alabama or probably even Tennessee.

Having said that, Coach Beamer is going to have to search high and low to find the right coaches. I don't expect we will have a complete staff before the end of this month and there may be other losses. He needs to look for obscure names and search smaller schools for young guys hungry to move up.

The only way to avoid this happening in this climate would have been for Tanner to have hired Napier or Chadwell and told them to bring their entire staff. Maybe that was the way to go, but that time has come and gone. Let's hope Coach Beamer has some tricks up his sleeve. (in the figurative sense)

Oh, and even if Napier or Chadwell brought their entire staff this sort of thing could still have happened.

I think Coach Beamer handled this the right way. He could not have anticipated that Auburn would fire Malzhan and hire Harsin and that Harsin would want to hire Bobo. When Bobo notified him he was considering the job at Auburn Beamer told him to take it rather than spend more money to keep an OC like Mike Bobo.

While I don't think it shows high character on the part of Mike Bobo this is the way things work these days. Schools with big bucks are going to use that advantage whenever they can. We are in a big and wealthy conference. We are going to have to be innovative to compete. We just don't have the wealthy donor base of Auburn, LSU, A&M, Alabama or probably even Tennessee.

Having said that, Coach Beamer is going to have to search high and low to find the right coaches. I don't expect we will have a complete staff before the end of this month and there may be other losses. He needs to look for obscure names and search smaller schools for young guys hungry to move up.

The only way to avoid this happening in this climate would have been for Tanner to have hired Napier or Chadwell and told them to bring their entire staff. Maybe that was the way to go, but that time has come and gone. Let's hope Coach Beamer has some tricks up his sleeve. (in the figurative sense)

Oh, and even if Napier or Chadwell brought their entire staff this sort of thing could still have happened.
well of course matching the offer would have been absurd, but obviously Bobo was looking to move on. That had to have been somewhat obvious.
Hard to say. Bobo could have told Beamer he wasn’t going anywhere, all while putting out feelers. Glad Beamer cut him loose.

Reactions: redrogers
It isn't euphoria as much as validation for some who believe they are vindicated because they could clearly see something that they believe is on full display for all to see at this point.

Many people on this board brow beat any poster who questioned if Shane had the experience to lead a major program. More than a few scoffed and mocked those of us who pushed for Napier or Freeze or even Chadwell.

We were boobs b/c Shane's experience and pedigree were so far superior. It was his dream job and he wanted it more than anyone else. How dare we question the players of the past that said he could do it.

I am not suggesting he has failed miserably, but anyone who claims the last few weeks have not been less than optimal just are not rational people to have a discussion with.

I would like to know from the ardent Beamerites, if this team wins 4 games next year, how are you going to feel? I personally think it will be in that range. If it happens, will that be acceptable? Is it Will's fault, or Spurriers or whose?
The OP will be either totally validated or completely rebuffed by events, and not all the events have happened yet. That much is incontrovertible. Also incontrovertible is that none of us knows precisely what the latest events mean. Lest anyone think I suffer from Beamer bias, elsewhere on the board, and today, I posted my impression that the current situation smacks of disaster or disarray. But regardless, the outcome is going to tell the tale, not some rash and braggadocios interpretation of current events.

You have no idea what you are talking about. No idea at all. Here is why:
1. you do not know any of these people.
2. They don't know you exist so they have never confided in you
3. You have no inside knowledge of this coaching staff
4. You have never been to any meetings between these people
5. You have never managed a million dollar payroll consisting of football coaches
6. You have never recruited a college player to a P5 college
7. You never talked to Beamer
8. You never talked to Bobo
9. you never talked to Ray
10 you never talked to the anyone in the athletic department
11. You are a gossiper

You don't know anymore about this subject than my niece who was born last month. It's time for all you haters and just mean people to put up or shut up.

I vote for the shut up part..

Ok Mr Einstein. what exactly do YOU know? What knowledge do YOU have that proves the poster wrong. So far NOTHING but disparaging remarks. You don't know anything regarding #s 1-9 either, so just how are you disproving anything the poster said? You're not. You're nothing but a windbag apologist trying to defend the indefensible. Here is a hint: Use some friggin common sense for a change. All the evidence points toward a terrible hire of an incompetent coach, but you say "No, because no one saying so has been in any of the meetings." Listen bird brain, we don't need to consult with the weatherman to know it's raining outside.

How is this a reflection on Beamer? This proves Bobo was a lying hypocrite. It does not prove Beamer is in over his head.
Wait wait wait I was attacked for calling him a cancer. I was right about that, I was wrong about he’d be the death of our program since he bailed on us. But I was totally right about his character. The guy didn’t love USC, he didn’t give one hot damn about this place. He ran off kids in the process too. I was 1000% right in him being a cancer. We just lucked out that he left so soon.

You are mocked and regarded as boobs because of the way you present yourselves. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: budman1976
No any chance they have to say Beamer was the wrong guy they can’t help themselves. It’s his fault no matter what happens now. The school should have hired them to do the coaching search and everything would be great even be in the playoffs next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT