ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve seen enough of Frank

Ray did not hire Frank. Anyone that knows Ray Tanner will tell you Frank is not his kind of guy. If Frank survives this season, Ray owns it. Think about it. Two seasons of great wins including a FF run. That bridged him past last year's failures. This is the first year Tanner truly needed to address the issue. I suspect Frank survives one more seasons. But after this season Tanner owns it.

As an AD I think Tanner is doing a good if one takes an objective look at the big picture. Ultimately he will be judged by Muschamps next two seasons. I think Kingston is a terrific hire. He needs to hire a men's soccer coach. All the women's sports are on great foundations. This idea that a great AD can't be a former baseball coach is just silly and short sighted.
I'll give Ray credit for canning Chad-his personal hire and a personal friend/colleague. He caught some flak from the national media for doing that.

I'll give Ray credit for canning Chad-his personal hire and a personal friend/colleague. He caught some flak from the national media for doing that.

but he knew it needed to done and he made the right choices. I think he knows Frank is an issue. Just think the FF run will buy him one more season.

Reactions: sclawman77
I don’t get how Ray supported Spurrier too long. Not one of us would’ve parted ways with Steve Spurrier at any point. It must be nice to look back at things and make decisions knowing what will happen in the future. You got a souped up DeLoreon? Almanac from the future?
If Spurrier had won three games and wanted to keep coaching in 2015, Ray would have let him stay as long as he wanted. Recruiting was crashing and burning. I love Spurrier but sometimes an AD should respectfully intervene. After the 2014 season, Spurriers heart wasn't in it but Ray encouraged him to continue.

Sick of him berating players, lack of recruiting, and taking shots at fans during press conferences.

It all comes back to him. He’s the one putting the shitty product on the court. Feel bad for the players cause they seem sick of his act too.

Hire a young guy who doesn’t coach an archaic brand of basketball, and who will actually get recruits excited about playing here.

Just watch. Bryant and/or Lawson will bolt after this year if we keep Frank. I know both of them extremely well and I’ve heard things.

I’m a prophet.
I look st furman been ranked in the top 25 .. just beat two of the teams in last years final four. Most of their players are from SC or states connected to SC.

Reactions: lawcalcock
If Spurrier had won three games and wanted to keep coaching in 2015, Ray would have let him stay as long as he wanted. Recruiting was crashing and burning. I love Spurrier but sometimes an AD should respectfully intervene.

You said he supported him too long. By your response you are basically saying he didn’t have a chance to support him too long. So which is it? You going to keep criticizing the guy for your made up hypotheticals?

Recruiting dropped off? Not by rankings. Some guys were busts and it killed us. I know Spurrier got a little lazy but you didn’t know that, I didn’t know that until we saw the results. And if Spurrier said he was committed and willing to work to rebuild it, think Tanner should’ve supported Spurrier after 3-9. He’s the only coach that’s done $hit with this program.

I swear we have some of the dumbest fans in the country.

Any other made up $hit you’d like to bash Tanner for? There is enough legitimate real stuff.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You said he supported him too long. By your response you are basically saying he didn’t have a chance to support him too long. So which is it? You going to keep criticizing the guy for your made up hypotheticals?

Recruiting dropped off? Not by rankings. Some guys were busts and it killed us. I know Spurrier got a little lazy but you didn’t know that, I didn’t know that until we saw the results. And if Spurrier said he was committed and willing to work to rebuild it, think Tanner should’ve supported Spurrier after 3-9. He’s the only coach that’s done $hit with this program.

I swear we have some of the dumbest fans in the country.
I added more to that post. Spurrier was ready to retire after the 2014 season because his heart wasn't in it. Ray talked him into staying because he wasn't ready to make a risky hire. That's what I meant by supporting too long. Geez, take a breather.

I added more to that post. Spurrier was ready to retire after the 2014 season because his heart wasn't in it. Ray talked him into staying because he wasn't ready to make a risky hire.

Yep, you are now making up more $hit. You KNOW that’s the reason Tanner talked him into staying. Had absolutely nothing to do with Spurrier being the best coach this program has ever had.

You should be our AD. You’ve got inside info on everything and can tell why people make decisions they make.

Reactions: jeff2001
I hope Muschamp doesn’t talk Bryan Edwards into staying his senior season. Has nothing to do with him being a good WR, one of the best we’ve had. I just think Muschamp would be too scared to have to fill his spot...

Right SCLawman?

Yep, you are now making up more $hit. You KNOW that’s the reason Tanner talked him into staying. Had absolutely nothing to do with Spurrier being the beatbox coach this program has ever had.

You should be our AD. You’ve got inside info on everything and can tell why people make decisions they make.
Hello, I'm not the first person to state this information. I'm not sure where I ever stated I should be AD either but thanks for the recommendation.

I added more to that post. Spurrier was ready to retire after the 2014 season because his heart wasn't in it. Ray talked him into staying because he wasn't ready to make a risky hire. That's what I meant by supporting too long. Geez, take a breather.

I thought this was just an urban legend. Has either Spurrier or Tanner confirmed the “talked him into staying” story? It is on record that Tanner wanted him to finish out the 2015 season and not resign mid-way through.

Just because something is repeated on message boards thousands of times, it doesn’t make it true.

Hello, I'm not the first person to state this information. I'm not sure where I ever stated I should be AD either but thanks for the recommendation.

Not the info. It’s the fact you know Tanner was afraid of making a hire. Anyone that states that is a moron, regardless if they are the 1st or the millionth. In fact, if you hear that and run with it, you are more of a moron than the 1st.

No problem on the recommendation. ;)

I thought this was just an urban legend. Has either Spurrier or Tanner confirmed the “talked him into staying” story? It is on record that Tanner wanted him to finish out the 2015 season and not resign mid-way through.

Just because something is repeated on message boards thousands of times, it doesn’t make it true.
How do you know it's not true either?

Whatever. Sick of arguing about this. Go Cocks. I want Tanner and Muschamp to both succeed.

If Spurrier had won three games and wanted to keep coaching in 2015, Ray would have let him stay as long as he wanted. Recruiting was crashing and burning. I love Spurrier but sometimes an AD should respectfully intervene. After the 2014 season, Spurriers heart wasn't in it but Ray encouraged him to continue.
For the millionth time, no Ray did not. Spurrier said publicly his wife wanted him to stay on. Spurrier said Ray did not, but don't let facts get in the way of another Ray bash session.

Reactions: ExpatCarolinian
Not the info. It’s the fact you know Tanner was afraid of making a hire. Anyone that states that is a moron, regardless if they are the 1st or the millionth. In fact, if you hear that and run with it, you are more of a moron than the 1st.

No problem on the recommendation. ;)
Tanner was afraid of making what hire?

I feel ya. I see your point. But the way he treated Silva last night crossed the good character line
I'm watching the replay today, and Silva just picked up that third foul. I had heard about the mocking from CFM and was waiting for it. That was Sick. What purpose did it serve, other than belittle/humiliate?

I'm watching the replay today, and Silva just picked up that third foul. I had heard about the mocking from CFM and was waiting for it. That was Sick. What purpose did it serve, other than belittle/humiliate?
FM has toned down the profanity. Else, he would have been gone long ago.

He needs to look at other aspects of his behavior to make himself more marketable to recruits. This Chis Silva event is one prime example. If he doesn't want to examine his behavior and make improvements, it is his choice, but the writing is on the wall.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Whoever this RT guy is on the station after teddy Hefner. He is ripping Frank a new 1.

He's one of the few on air guys in town that I would consider a basketball guy. He loves basketball and was a really good player back in the day. RT is also the only one in town who seems to have the guts to take on Frank

For the millionth time, no Ray did not. Spurrier said publicly his wife wanted him to stay on. Spurrier said Ray did not, but don't let facts get in the way of another Ray bash session.
Maybe somebody will one day write a definitive book. I've heard both versions disseminated. I think that, at one time or another, I've heard both versions attributed to Spurrier himself. Spurrier definitely said this and everyone knows it, "They were never going to fire me, so I fired myself." I think that much is indisputable.

I've never been comfortable with Frank's antics even when we were winning. Kids these days don't respond to that junk. At the end of the day it's all Frank's fault for either recruiting the wrong kids or not teaching them to play the right way.

Meanwhile Perry Clark looks like he's ready to keel over at any moment. He's needs some young sharp assistants who can pound the pavement and work the AAU circuit and cut some shady deals like everyone else. Instead it's just old school antiquated basketball that has 0 attraction to today's kids.

Apparently the only person who was able to get things done on the trail is now gone and under investigation.

Time for a change.

Face it, there are literally 0 high profile assistants or players that want to work for or play for Frank Martin.

Maybe somebody will one day write a definitive book. I've heard both versions disseminated. I think that, at one time or another, I've heard both versions attributed to Spurrier himself. Spurrier definitely said this and everyone knows it, "They were never going to fire me, so I fired myself." I think that much is indisputable.
He said on more than one occasion it was Jeri Spurrier who did not want him to leave. I also think Pastides had something to do with him staying, but that's just my opinion.

I've never been comfortable with Frank's antics even when we were winning. Kids these days don't respond to that junk. At the end of the day it's all Frank's fault for either recruiting the wrong kids or not teaching them to play the right way.

Meanwhile Perry Clark looks like he's ready to keel over at any moment. He's needs some young sharp assistants who can pound the pavement and work the AAU circuit and cut some shady deals like everyone else. Instead it's just old school antiquated basketball that has 0 attraction to today's kids.

Apparently the only person who was able to get things done on the trail is now gone and under investigation.

Time for a change.

Face it, there are literally 0 high profile assistants or players that want to work for or play for Frank Martin.

This is the post right here. Thread can be locked now.

i feel your pain. Pretty much agree verbatim. But Tanner won't pull the trigger this year. But we might get lucky anyway. I suspect Frank knows he has failed. Maybe he leaves after this season. But I doubt he gets fired. But he should.

It would be great for all concerned if Frank Martin could find a way to leave gracefully.

Reactions: PC31
Sick of him berating players, lack of recruiting, and taking shots at fans during press conferences.

It all comes back to him. He’s the one putting the shitty product on the court. Feel bad for the players cause they seem sick of his act too.

Hire a young guy who doesn’t coach an archaic brand of basketball, and who will actually get recruits excited about playing here.

Just watch. Bryant and/or Lawson will bolt after this year if we keep Frank. I know both of them extremely well and I’ve heard things.

I’m a prophet.
Spring football can't get here quick enough....

Having followed some of the college basketball corruption trials I have come to the conclusion that we need someone slightly shady that can handle all the AAU corruptness. I think Bruce Pearl would have been a good hire for us and he has Auburn in the top 5 in just 3 years.

I've been saying that for 15 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT