ADVERTISEMENT

I am embarrassed, not by the football team, but by all the

I dare you to name 7 players on our defense without looking it up. Know why you can’t? Because they only get mentioned in pre-game warm-ups.
I can name the entire roster bud!!! this is the team I been pulling for my whole life!!! you can't??? all real fans can!! smh

Charles Owen Class of 1980
Moved to Camden, SC in 1967 from Huntsville, AL
Attended Camden HS
Moved back to Alabama in 1974
Attended Jacksonville State University
Transferred to USC-Lancaster after returning to live in Rock Hill, SC
Lived in the old Wade Hampton Motel my first semester in Columbia
Moved to the "Honey-Cones" my second semester as it was cheaper
Graduated in the Spring of 1980
Attended Graduate School at USC

I have seen more death in my line of work (Charlotte) than I cared to remember (retired in 2010). So games are never a matter of life and death to me. But it is about expectations in year four of a current program rebuild. So as to your post, it is not the players I blame. I blame the coaches for failing to develop players that choose to come to our university. The money being paid to them would lead us all to believe they know what they are doing and are able to pass on that knowledge to their players. Has tackling improved in the last four years? I blame the administration for failing to provide the financial resources needed to pursue the best athletes and the best coaches from all over the country. Try transporting them to our university (recruiting) aboard decked out school colored Lear Jets. A prop plane in 2019? Really?

PS...If you want to call out the fan base, please post your own personal information before doing so. I don't care who knows my name.
I thought they were called the “Honeycombs” not “Honey-Cones”. Is that a reference to something else? I haven’t heard that one.

Reactions: rogue cock
losers, whiners and crybabies on this board. Oh, boo hoo!!! Poor, poor me. Easy to post all this bull shit when you don't have to identify yourself.

Yes 1 and 3 hurts but is it worth all this negative posts. My attitude is that as long as the players are busting their humps on the field positive things will happen.

If the players had the attitude some of you have ^(#$)@&!

Let's circle the wagons and get ready to kick some Kentucky ass!!!
You make a thread calling out people for whining and crying...while whining and crying. Oh, the irony.

Secondly, I don't see you making yourself known.

losers, whiners and crybabies on this board. Oh, boo hoo!!! Poor, poor me. Easy to post all this bull shit when you don't have to identify yourself.

Yes 1 and 3 hurts but is it worth all this negative posts. My attitude is that as long as the players are busting their humps on the field positive things will happen.

The malcontents are lending every bit of the entertainment value this season has yielded thus far. And when change is finally enacted, it will be more because of them than the Blinded Boosters. Oh, and by the way, most of our reliable information on player injuries has come from the online fans and not the coaches.

Meh

I can name the entire roster bud!!! this is the team I been pulling for my whole life!!! you can't??? all real fans can!! smh
I think that's great that you would invest that kind of emotion in our players. Seriously. I would like to share the same level of emotional investment but have just been burnt too many times by our no-name defense. Hope they prove me wrong this weekend.

Reactions: ddw1263
Just dont get beat by App St and you will be fine. Not a good feeling right now for the Holes.....not as big as the Michigan win several years ago but still App should not beat UNC or NCSU. I will give them credit though as they almost beat UT a couple years ago and took Penn St to OT last year if I am not mistaken.
Their QB is good. We lose that game at home.

Yeah, losers and crybabies that talk trash anonymously. Wait...is permacock on your birth certificate?

Reactions: Heyward1

What scares me is that we may beat UK. That will appease a large portion of the fan base. It'll put us at 2-3, which is close enough to .500 for many fans. The delusional ones will say "Ok, we're 2-3, we have a bye to prepare for UGA. Win that one and we're back in this thing! We could still win the East!"

Anytime folks post blunt and honest observations about the team (we stink) there's someone there waiting to call them a crybaby.

What ever happened to the guys quoted in the media last week describing the team as a “desperate” team with backs against the wall and we are going to play like Missouri was a must win?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
That performance is exactly what Muschamp has consistently produced in big, winnable games. Kentucky, pretty much every year he's been here but especially the last two? Complete shitshow. Florida last year? We just decided to get a head start on packing our stuff up during the 3rd quarter. Texas A&M on the road two years ago when we blew a lead? Texas A&M last year when we mounted a failed comeback because we let ourselves get so far behind coming out not ready to go?

It isn't that the players weren't telling the truth. That is just what you get with Muschamp in a game he (rightfully) perceives as a must win. Muschamp cracks under the pressure and it manifests itself in his team's performances.

Reactions: Chanticleer37
It isn't that the players weren't telling the truth. That is just what you get with Muschamp in a game he (rightfully) perceives as a must win. Muschamp cracks under the pressure and it manifests itself in his team's performances.

Well said. Was just about to post a version of the same. He's a poor man's Jack Leggett. Unlike Muschamp, Leggett won a lot of games and fielded very good teams, but he'd get tight as a drum in big games and it bled through to his players' performance.

There is more than enough data to deduce Muschamp is just not a good head coach. Pretty simple stuff, though some cannot grasp it.

Admire the OP’s spirit but that spirit is what has doomed this program for 100 years . Also , for all my criticism, I have never singled out a player . These kids aren’t getting paid , they risk their healthy every weekend and they Chose to come here . Coaches on the other hand are open season . HC makes millions and all the Asst make more in a year than I make in 4 years . I have every right to call them whatever I want . The bottom line is by the time he’s done Will Muschamp might go down in as one of the worst HC in SEC history and not a single coach on the staff is head coach material . Not one . None of these guys will ever be division one coaches . This is just a bad 4 year science experiment. A bad employee isn’t gonna get better if you just “Give them more time”. They are just gonna screw up more stuff . Also anybody who says “Nobody wants this Job” are totally full of $&@@. ANY SEC job outside of Vandy is a marquee job !!! Tanner is an idiot and that’s why he hired a bigger idiot . Time to tear it down top to bottom and rebuild on the right foundation for once in our miserable history .

Admire the OP’s spirit but that spirit is what has doomed this program for 100 years . Also , for all my criticism, I have never singled out a player . These kids aren’t getting paid , they risk their healthy every weekend and they Chose to come here . Coaches on the other hand are open season . HC makes millions and all the Asst make more in a year than I make in 4 years . I have every right to call them whatever I want . The bottom line is by the time he’s done Will Muschamp might go down in as one of the worst HC in SEC history and not a single coach on the staff is head coach material . Not one . None of these guys will ever be division one coaches . This is just a bad 4 year science experiment. A bad employee isn’t gonna get better if you just “Give them more time”. They are just gonna screw up more stuff . Also anybody who says “Nobody wants this Job” are totally full of $&@@. ANY SEC job outside of Vandy is a marquee job !!! Tanner is an idiot and that’s why he hired a bigger idiot . Time to tear it down top to bottom and rebuild on the right foundation for once in our miserable history .

Agreed. Only wish we could do something about the board of trustees as well.

And..... what fanbase with a pulse wouldn't be going nuts with negativity if they were getting the results that this fanbase was getting. Who have we beaten from a power 5 conference the last 10 or more games? Fans pay good prices so Coaches that fail like Will Muschamp will make more money in 1 season than most do in a lifetime and I assure you most are better on their job than he is his. We have a baseball Coach as an AD and we have an OC who was under the other OC that was fired for being bad. This athletic department is a complete joke!!!

How can you be embarrassed since all post are by anonymous people and your online identity is anonymous? Is your anonymous self embarrassed or your real self embarrassed?
Shaming tactics are the cringiest thing on the planet, but I think this is bait.

Since when does someone's refusal to act like a hysterical teenage girl mean that they are satisfied with a down season?

Since the onset of message boards, I think. Now if you don't break out the verbal pitchforks and join in you're seen by some as somehow part of the problem. Especially if you call them out.

I kinda think some of the worst at this would have more credibility if they'd go on a hunger strike or something. Or at least hold their breath until they turned blue.

Reactions: nc38 and PC31

No. Every SEC job outside of Vandy isn't a marquee job. Unfortunately, USC is in that group. If USC is such a marquee job, please tell me why USC got played by three coaches during the last search who were yet to be hired by Power 5 schools? How did USC end up with a coach that had already proven he couldn't win at a recruiting magnet like Florida? How does Arky end up with Chad Morris, who was hired more on the hope that he was the true architect of Clemson's success but hadn't proven anything? Ditto, UT. Pruitt may turn out to be great, but they took a chance. Not exactly the killer hire one expects from a marquee program. Ole Miss isnt a coveted job by the A list coaches. Neither is Miss St. A few jobs in tbe SEC are absolutely marquee jobs. But not all.

Reactions: Cocky_Corleone
No. Every SEC job outside of Vandy isn't a marquee job. Unfortunately, USC is in that group. If USC is such a marquee job, please tell me why USC got played by three coaches during the last search who were yet to be hired by Power 5 schools? How did USC end up with a coach that had already proven he couldn't win at a recruiting magnet like Florida? How does Arky end up with Chad Morris, who was hired more on the hope that he was the true architect of Clemson's success but hadn't proven anything? Ditto, UT. Pruitt may turn out to be great, but they took a chance. Not exactly the killer hire one expects from a marquee program. Ole Miss isnt a coveted job by the A list coaches. Neither is Miss St. A few jobs in tbe SEC are absolutely marquee jobs. But not all.
I agree. The fans that think any job in the SEC outside of Vandy is a marquee job are the fans of SEC schools that don’t compete for titles and have convinced themselves that just belonging to the SEC makes them royalty. Sorry to burst their bubble, but no one else thinks that. Same as so many posters on here that are convinced athletes want to play for USC so they can be in the SEC......not. Coaches want a school with tradition, one that sells itself to athletes as well as a supportive administration. I’ll bet you there isn’t a coach in the power 5 that would consider USC a marquee job. They’re more likely to consider it a marquee graveyard.

I disagree 100% . We got stuck with Muschump #1 Because Tanner is an idiot #2 At the time of his hire you had openings at UGA , Miami , Virginia Tech , Michigan , and an impending opening at Texas and Oklahoma that Herman and Riley were well aware of . Also there were other under the radar guys like Lincoln Riley and Scott Frost that Tanner never even considered because he’s an idiot . Ole Miss was a top 10 team under Freeze (now we know why) and Miss State was ranked #1 a few weeks with Dak Prescott after they beat Bama . If not for the UGA opening, Kirby is in Columbia 100% . Same with Herman. 20 years ago you are absolutely correct , nobody wanted this job . Spurrier changed all that . He proved you can build a top 10 program here and beat the top teams in the conference . If we fire Muschamp tomorrow and throw open the doors to the bank ( Which we all know won’t happen) we could take our pick . Sadly neither one of these things will happen anytime soon because we have a baseball coach running a multi million dollar business .

Reactions: Brace1

Let's circle the wagons and get ready to kick some Kentucky ass!!![/QUOTE

Exactly!

Get lost!!! Nobody cares about your sunshine pumping opinions. These coaches are terrible and so is the AD! I quit on this coaching staff last year by not renewing my season tickets after 25 years. Best money I have ever saved!!!
Make changes now!!!! Fire this coaching staff!

The coaching staff stays for the rest of the year, at least. More likely 2-3 more years. When the team bounces back don’t buy season tickets again. We don’t need the negativity you bring.

You’re embarrassing yourself. Enjoy that 4-8 season (if we’re lucky). Never have I seen such a loser mentality.

Really dislike the underachieving 35-50 year olds on this board who tie their self worth to the win/loss record of a college football team. You need to find something more in life.

I don't have a purple crayon to draw you a picture so I will type slowly so even you can understand. Grammar and spelling error trolls only come to the board to do one thing. Forget the message in the post...just focus on the spelling error and grammar mistakes. Ash Clowns just trolling and pointing out errors to make them feel better about their own miserable lives. We even have those in the Gamecock Nation. Being one yourself, you will notice I misspelled the word ash. I have not been on campus in over forty years, so I really don't care how the word "Honeycomb" is spelled nor pronounced. As for working hard to be a Clemson fan, that is as easy as being an Alabama fan. You both wrap your life around the success of others and mistake it for your own. I have no use for you, your Tater friends and family, and your whole Tater Nation. Being a Clemson fan has always been easy. All it takes is a trip to your local K-Mart or Wal-Mart. So yes, indeed, I am a South Carolina Gamecock Graduate. The statement directed to you and yours proves it.

PS...Stay the Duck off our boards and hang out with those other orange-clad clowns in the Tiger Nation. Great, another misspelled word but even you know what I am saying.
Screw you ass wipe. Before you point out me being a grammar Nazi, maybe you should have read the posts that I was referencing.....yeah, that’s right, the one that someone had pointed out the grammatical error. As I have said before, I have degrees from both schools, so have just as much right to posts on this board as you do. I’m so glad that one of my schools brings me joy or I’d probably be a miserable SOB like yourself.

One thing if certain in life....If you make excuses for losing you will continue to do just that!

Reactions: gamecockballfan
Screw you ass wipe. Before you point out me being a grammar Nazi, maybe you should have read the posts that I was referencing.....yeah, that’s right, the one that someone had pointed out the grammatical error. As I have said before, I have degrees from both schools, so have just as much right to posts on this board as you do. I’m so glad that one of my schools brings me joy or I’d probably be a miserable SOB like yourself.

Lol.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
The coaching staff stays for the rest of the year, at least. More likely 2-3 more years. When the team bounces back don’t buy season tickets again. We don’t need the negativity you bring.

Actually, we don't need losers with low standards that allow the Board, AD and head coach to get a pass every time a bad hire is made and when we majorly underachieve. Negativity is a tool of change. Keep being mediocre or less, it seems to fit you well.

Actually, we don't need losers with low standards that allow the Board, AD and head coach to get a pass every time a bad hire is made and when we majorly underachieve. Negativity is a tool of change. Keep being mediocre or less, it seems to fit you well.

I’ve been associated with higher education for many years. I have very high standards and understand how the academy works in all ways, academic and athletic.

And I know people. When someone resorts to insults instead of spirited discussion based in fact, those people are not participating in a solutions based exchange.

I welcome discussion but not your insults.

I’ve been associated with higher education for many years. I have very high standards and understand how the academy works in all ways, academic and athletic.

And I know people. When someone resorts to insults instead of spirited discussion based in fact, those people are not participating in a solutions based exchange.

I welcome discussion but not your insults.

It totally makes sense now.

You must be a younger Gamecock fan. No sweat, you’ll learn.

This is your response to the spelling error. I know exactly what you meant with your insult directed at me. Another typical troll response from a Clemson Clown. I could also care less if you earned degrees from both schools. Being a Clemson fan attending South Carolina and earning a degree is still a Clemson fan. All your ash clown trolling and name-calling responses only confirm you have as much disdain for me as I have for you. Pointing out the fact I am a South Carolina graduate is true...my contempt for you and your Tiger Nation runs deep.
This is your response to the spelling error. I know exactly what you meant with your insult directed at me. Another typical troll response from a Clemson Clown. I could also care less if you earned degrees from both schools. Being a Clemson fan attending South Carolina and earning a degree is still a Clemson fan. All your ash clown trolling and name-calling responses only confirm you have as much disdain for me as I have for you. Pointing out the fact I am a South Carolina graduate is true...my contempt for you and your Tiger Nation runs deep.
Partner, I’m embarrassed for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT