ADVERTISEMENT

I am not a fan of the Willy B hanging banners. It makes Indiv > Team.

ColaSwami

Nov 23, 2006
13 miles northwest of Williams-Brice
So, when the HBC's banner was there last year I was not a fan of that nor the new one displayed today. Wondering how others feel. It puts too much emphasis on ONE PERSON and not TEAM.
Team wins games. Boom said this week that the number #1 for all of the parts of the team (DBs, QBs, LBs, etc) is WIN. So, teams win and lose together. It's all about team and the banner thing is all about an individual. GO COCKS! #BeatMissSt #LessCowBell

So, when the HBC's banner was there last year I was not a fan of that nor the new one displayed today. Wondering how others feel. It puts too much emphasis on ONE PERSON and not TEAM.
Team wins games. Boom said this week that the number #1 for all of the parts of the team (DBs, QBs, LBs, etc) is WIN. So, teams win and lose together. It's all about team and the banner thing is all about an individual. GO COCKS! #BeatMissSt #LessCowBell
I don't have a feeling one way or the other about the look of the banner but feel the money could be spent on better things.

It's bush league. Statues to recognize proven greatness are good. Banners are cheap. Not inexpensive - cheap.

Well, the banner isn't recognizing a player, so there's that.

Also, as far as it being cheap and wanting statues: 1) Who would you make statues of? 2) What happens to the huge, ugly, concrete elevator shaft?

Also, as far as it being cheap and wanting statues: 1) Who would you make statues of? 2) What happens to the huge, ugly, concrete elevator shaft?
2) That area could be covered with a large version of the schedule for the season.

Reactions: msc1992

Paucity of statues would not justify banners, IMO.

Atlanta Cock...no matter what they put there, YOU were going to bitch, moan, and complain. If they had left it blank, you would whine about how Tanner should have put a giant banner up. Have you EVER been happy about anything? EVER?
Mrs. Tanner, is that you?

That's enough out of you for a while.
orange makes him very happy
Do you ever contribute anything meaningful to this Board? I notice you often post a bunch of BS, and you love to jump on posters who express an opinion that differs from yours. Do you ever let an opinion pass or do you always have to attack a diverse view?

I think it's a poor decision by Tanner, which is not his first. I think the money would have been better spent elsewhere. Deal with it.

Reactions: king ward

Hey Beckham... So that #1 Player picture is not Deebo? It's a facade? Well, the HBC's banner was not a facade last year, right? So, to make my point, NO INDIV (player or coach) is greater than TEAM. We need TEAM this year. Banners of individuals... not so much.

Well done logo banners are attractive. Banners with peepuls on 'em look strange to my eye and convey the notion of an over-zealous real estate sales person.
Our stadium-area upgrades have been beautifully executed. I'd ask the architects responsible for those designs for opinions of what type 'relief' might be applied, appended to the elevator facade to improve its visual aspect in tandem with the overall improvements.
Gotta' be some attractive bas-relief application they could employ to improve that large surface. The banner's OK as a stop-gap measure, but some type architectural element would eliminate/avoid the perception of 'cheap'. King Ward's right, it ain't "inexpensive".

Reactions: king ward

Dude, you read my mind. It's not an actual player... it's a "guy" in our uniform. And the only reason it's hanging there is because our stadium has no brick, no anything on it... just massive walls of concrete.

Dude, you read my mind. It's not an actual player... it's a "guy" in our uniform. And the only reason it's hanging there is because our stadium has no brick, no anything on it... just massive walls of concrete.
And that ought to be corrected. It's about one step up from that blue tarp you see on the roofs of leaky houses. Cheap, but not inexpensive - and not a real enhancement, either.

To remember what Spurrier did for the program he should have a statue. Then Every year we should take it down mid season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT