ADVERTISEMENT

I can't remember posting on here but here goes. Carolina's recruiting

CED2244

Jul 25, 2013
I can't understand for the life of me why we don't get as many 4's and 5's as our upstate rivals. Is FIDO that much smarter than Spurrier? I live in the upstate where these dip-sticks can't see the light of day if it's not ORANGE. I really get tired of their ignorant sh$t. I'm not brilliant but these bozo's are somewhat past
ignorant. GGGGOOOOOO COCKS

I don't like 5 out of six, I want 20 out of 20 and we can't do that with lower quality athletes. I like our coaches with higher performers

Recruiting is good but coaching is better. If you get a 5 star he may or may not translate that into a 5 star college guy. Some become very good players but few reach the 5 star level at the college game. Clowney and a few others are the exception but there is not a lot of difference between a 4or 5 star vs a 3 or 4 star after they become starters on the field. I will say there are some but for the most part you can't really tell one from the other by the time they finish their college play......that of course is just my opinion.

I don't like 5 out of six, I want 20 out of 20 and we can't do that with lower quality athletes. I like our coaches with higher performers

+ 1
puke-clem.gif

Recruiting is good but coaching is better. If you get a 5 star he may or may not translate that into a 5 star college guy. Some become very good players but few reach the 5 star level at the college game. Clowney and a few others are the exception but there is not a lot of difference between a 4or 5 star vs a 3 or 4 star after they become starters on the field. I will say there are some but for the most part you can't really tell one from the other by the time they finish their college play......that of course is just my opinion.

I can't understand for the life of me why we don't get as many 4's and 5's as our upstate rivals. Is FIDO that much smarter than Spurrier? I live in the upstate where these dip-sticks can't see the light of day if it's not ORANGE. I really get tired of their ignorant sh$t. I'm not brilliant but these bozo's are somewhat past

A lot can be said for a young hungry coach. Old Spurrier is on cruise control. Nobody wants to play for a 70 year old.

Don't agree. Spurrier can out coach a ton of the younger coaches out there. Of course you'll never convince me that there's not BIG money flowing up there in the Black Hole. And there seems to be a lot of inexplicable protection too!

Posting the same post on the insiders forum?? What a spectacular troll you are. 5 of 6.

Heyward 1, It seems I have been serving the wrong God. Knowing everything as u think u do it is clear to me now that u are the god.

I always think it's funny how Clemson only gets these 5 star guys from Florida. I wonder how they do that?

I think it's just that Spurrier and company are simply getting outworked.

Spurrier is a better coach than DS, no doubt about it and it's not even close. BUT Spurrier has never been a great recruiter... at Florida that wasn't a big deal. It's more important at USC. I think that USC has had the great fortune the last 5 or 6 years that some REALLY elite talent has come out of SC AND that USC got nearly all those players. Now the talent pool in the state has trended down a bit and perhaps some of the new assistants under Spurrier aren't as good at recruiting as some of the guys they replaced.

Dabo and company aren't afraid of hard work. They are constantly on the road visiting commits, recruits, and prospects with one purpose in mind. Get them and their parents on campus. There is a whole system in place to sell Clemson and it's a well oiled machine. Probably the best thing about it is the number of former players that come back to campus to "visit" while these recruits and their families are there. It's a huge deal to parents and potential players when they see former players (NFL'rs and folks who just got their degrees)... especially Mamas. Dabo knows how to play that game well.

Granted, I'm on the outside looking in at the USC program, but I don't see SS working as hard for the commits as Dabo does.

No one can argue that we have, by far, (not even close) the better head coach. But the energy, money, and time, tater tech puts in recruiting is paying off. We can't deny that. It seems to boils down to one or all of theses options:
1. We are lackadaisical in our recruiting efforts.
2. We meet our needs well and are less concerned about number of stars and having to coddle players that need pampering.
3. Taters are out hustling us on the recruiting front.
4. The dark corner of the state can hide payoffs and special favors for recruits.

Spurrier likes to talk about how when he was at Florida, Georgia would always have higher ranked recruiting classes, but Florida OWNED them on the field. If last year's Carolina/Clempson game starts a trend, then I'll worry about recruiting. If the trend of the 5 years before that resumes, I say let them have all the players they want...I want the games.

When was the last time one of clemP's 5 stars did all the damage to beat us? (I really don't count the one-legged QB. Yes, he had a couple of long passes, but all the scoring and stats were put up by other guys.)

It ain't the recruiting rating that makes the difference, it's execution.

So your post begins with your lack of understanding as to why we (Clemson) recruit better than you & then you immediately call us ignorant bozos...then end it with a goooo cocks??

Standard gamecock post IMO

I think it's just that Spurrier and company are simply getting outworked.

Spurrier is a better coach than DS, no doubt about it and it's not even close. BUT Spurrier has never been a great recruiter... at Florida that wasn't a big deal. It's more important at USC. I think that USC has had the great fortune the last 5 or 6 years that some REALLY elite talent has come out of SC AND that USC got nearly all those players. Now the talent pool in the state has trended down a bit and perhaps some of the new assistants under Spurrier aren't as good at recruiting as some of the guys they replaced.

Dabo and company aren't afraid of hard work. They are constantly on the road visiting commits, recruits, and prospects with one purpose in mind. Get them and their parents on campus. There is a whole system in place to sell Clemson and it's a well oiled machine. Probably the best thing about it is the number of former players that come back to campus to "visit" while these recruits and their families are there. It's a huge deal to parents and potential players when they see former players (NFL'rs and folks who just got their degrees)... especially Mamas. Dabo knows how to play that game well.

Granted, I'm on the outside looking in at the USC program, but I don't see SS working as hard for the commits as Dabo does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT