ADVERTISEMENT

I could not have done it

EssoClub2

Jul 24, 2006
I do not know the average age of game attendees. but I am now 55. I have to think that there are a large number of people that are my age or older that do so. I thought the crowd did very well from what I saw on television. My health would probably be considered average or maybe a little below average at this point. I do not know that I could have stayed if I was in the east stands for the whole game regardless of the score. I know how powerful and important TV is for both SC and Clemson, but I sure wish there was a way to eliminate September afternoon games. Especially noon games! That is a change of heart that I have come to overt he last several years. I used to be of the opinion that we should play whenever the TV guys tell us to play. That weather Saturday and the sun would have made any game miserable by the 3rd quarter no matter what the score! BTW, I would say the exact same thing about a noon game at Clemson.this time of year. The UGA at SC game should have been a night game!

I do not know the average age of game attendees. but I am now 55. I have to think that there are a large number of people that are my age or older that do so. I thought the crowd did very well from what I saw on television. My health would probably be considered average or maybe a little below average at this point. I do not know that I could have stayed if I was in the east stands for the whole game regardless of the score. I know how powerful and important TV is for both SC and Clemson, but I sure wish there was a way to eliminate September afternoon games. Especially noon games! That is a change of heart that I have come to overt he last several years. I used to be of the opinion that we should play whenever the TV guys tell us to play. That weather Saturday and the sun would have made any game miserable by the 3rd quarter no matter what the score! BTW, I would say the exact same thing about a noon game at Clemson.this time of year. The UGA at SC game should have been a night game!

I am 55 next month myself. This is the first year since I graduated in 1985 that I have not been in those East Stands. My health, bad back and knees, has declined too and I can no longer make the walk from parking to stands, to sitting/standing that long, and or withstanding the heat. I used to do it though and stayed all the way to the end even when getting beat badly, but it is not easy. Over the years, I've seen several carted out by the first responders from heat exhaustion. I have gotten nauseated over the years, but have been fortunate not to get sick as I have seen happen to others. I have come away with a bad sunburn too, no matter the amount of sun screen. I miss being in the thick of things, the feeling of being a true part of the game, but I know I made the right decision by staying home this year and watching on TV.

Reactions: NJCockaigne
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT