ADVERTISEMENT

I feel bad for Jaishawn Barham

uscwins

Dec 2, 2004
So, Maryland Football's twitter account has since deleted the video of the phone conversation between Coach Locksley and the Barhams. That pretty much confirms to me that Coach Locksley likely suggested this plan to the Barham's, under the impression that it'd generate some positive hype and ultimately help the program's recruiting momentum. Ironically (hilariously?), it looks like it will ultimately end up hurting recruiting for them because it was obvious it was a cheap stunt that just makes the staff look even worse. So for Maryland and Staff: enjoy the spoils of your efforts.

But as for Jaishawn, I just feel bad for him. He's just a kid taking advice from the coach of the school he was committing to anyway, as well as his parents, who are supposed to be the ones that have his best interests in mind. As a result, because that coach and family were willing to manipulate and use him for this ploy, now Barham is the one taking the majority of the brunt.

So I feel bad for the kid. Kids are immature. Its the adults that are supposed to be looking out for their well-being, and the adults around this kid failed him miserably. My 2 cents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News