ADVERTISEMENT

I guess we knew it could happen here. Now it has.

With this Covid-19 thing. I hope all schools across the country look long and hard about these multi-million dollar contracts for some of these over paid coaches.
Why does it take a world-wide pandemic for people to realize that these guys are paid ridiculous salaries? I'm not speaking of our team specifically. I'm talking about the whole of college football and (especially?) basketball.

Why does it take a world-wide pandemic for people to realize that these guys are paid ridiculous salaries? I'm not speaking of our team specifically. I'm talking about the whole of college football and (especially?) basketball.

That's where I am coming from! My gosh just look at what Muschamp and Martin earns and the ROI we got. Gosh, many of these middle of the road guys are going to have to lose for less. I mean $3.4 million or whatever for four wins and every how many million Martin earns for one NCAAT appearance in eight years. And these are middle of the road guys.

That's where I am coming from! My gosh just look at what Muschamp and Martin earns and the ROI we got. Gosh, many of these middle of the road guys are going to have to lose for less. I mean $3.4 million or whatever for four wins and every how many million Martin earns for one NCAAT appearance in eight years. And these are middle of the road guys.
Where is there another job that you haven’t been able to do for months and keep 90% of your salary? And could possibly go months longer and continue to get paid

Reactions: Zann77
Uhhh Senator or Congressman ?????
Plenty of politicians in power today and recent history have never done a days a work since being elected and took 100% of their salaries and most their fund raising money in addition.

Damn,even sports threads turn into politics
Both posts were actually pretty A-political jabs at the entirety of our political system not Polarizing “my party is better than yours” arguments between posters that cause all the trouble when people bring up politics.

Has Dabo or Saban taken a cut at their schools? They are the two highest paid in the country aren’t they? This is not a jab at Dabo but merely a question. Isn’t he making like $9 a year? Even a 10% cut and he is over $8 a year which is insane. I think ALL coaches need to take a cut.

Reactions: importcock
Nether Tanner or Muschamp should be collecting much of a pay check right now based of job performance- both should be paid minimum wage

We should probably give the coaches a break. They are saints compared to politicians.

When is the last time a politician gave back 10% of their salary?

When is the last time a coach after retiring from coaching, went to work as an agent of a foreign country against the interests of their home country, for personal gain?

When is the last time a coach hectored us in front of their $12,000 ice cream freezer just after many of us lost our jobs and our life savings were decimated?

When is the last time a coach attended a closed briefing about the pandemic to come, sold their investments and bought stocks that would benefit from the coming pandemic, and assured the public everything was going to be just fine?

Reactions: ThirdTTrio
I think most would agree that salaries of major college football and basketball coaches are WAY too high. Maybe this economic crisis will drive those salaries down closer to what they actually should be.

The USC professors, k-12 teachers and about all other State Government employees.

My wife is a teacher. She’s at her table every morning and on the phone with students all day long.

my son just finished up his year at USC. His classes continued to meet and his teachers kept pumping out work.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
The USC professors, k-12 teachers and about all other State Government employees.
All of the state and federal jobs need to take at least a 10% cut,.... my wife's company (3rd largest employer in metro Charleston) made hourly, salary and others take a 15% pay cut until all production levels or, as determined by management, things get back to normal. So, in my opinion, EVERYONE should take at least that much of a cut.

My wife is a teacher. She’s at her table every morning and on the phone with students all day long.

my son just finished up his year at USC. His classes continued to meet and his teachers kept pumping out work.
BS Rollerdude, I know of several teachers that are stating less than 1/3 of all students are doing their "normal amount of work" as required. Most are doing absolutely nothing. The state has said, every child will be socially promoted into the next grade. All grades will be rated no lower than they were in the 3rd 9 week period. No driving time to work, no gas expenditures, no staying after class to meet with parents or special meetings to go to. The teachers have not been allowed to meet or even go to their school for 2 months now. Once again, you are WRONG, Rollerdude. You need to learn how to state the FACTS! But, I have learned to take EVERYTHING you say as total BS.

I didn’t see Kingston’s name mentioned and he just had a season canceled.

Yeah where is Kingston?

I wish Dawn would of just kept hers, she earned it/ is earning it unlike the other coaches and Mr. AD on that list. If I'm the AD I'm telling Dawn no need, we will take more from Will.

Last edited:
Muschamp’s coaching was a far worse disaster than Covid. He should have voluntarily taken a pay cut years ago. Everyone else has to earn their pay, why not him? He’s getting paid over $1,000,000 per win. That’s almost twice as much as Dabo. I suspect that’s the highest pay/win in college football. Always great to be #1.

Here's a radical thought. What if coaches salaries were based on a sliding scale based on performance.

I think most would agree that salaries of major college football and basketball coaches are WAY too high. Maybe this economic crisis will drive those salaries down closer to what they actually should be.
Possible, but doubtful. I would be on board with paying coaches for how much they win. Not just give them an exorbitant contract to start and then add on even more if they have a good season. (Or in Muschamp's case, win a whopping 7 games in a season. Eyeroll)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT