ADVERTISEMENT

I Hate Mizzou WBB/Go Mizzou!!

Robin Pingeton gave Vic Schaefer a coaching lesson. She broke out that old amoeba zone they used to surround A'ja with. There is no room to move in the paint. No place for fast guards to penetrate. You make a lot of three s or you lose.
You're right about that! That sagging zone was the worst BUT very effective vs us. I used to feel like gouging my eyes out watching Sessions & Dozier being completely left open to sag in the paint & them continue to pass the ball around only to have to shoot a brick late in the shot clock. It was hard to watch.

Reactions: lawcalcock
I thought McCowan made a basketball move and she hit the Mizzou player. It's not her fault she's tall. BUT....Herbert-Harrigan was called for a technical for an elbow on a basketball move against MSU. SEC officials need to be more consistent.

I'm talking about the one in the fourth quarter. It was obviously out of frustration and prolly intentional. McCowan should have been nailed with a flagrant. It was far worse than what KiKi did.

It was a basketball move,BUT any contact above the neck is an automatic technical. Play should have been reviewed and penalty applied.

You are correct about contact above the neck. That's what they told Dawn about KiKi flagrant. But I thought a frustrated McCowan conked the Mizzou player on purpose.

Reactions: GarnetGhost
I posted this about 2 weeks ago: I don't get the love for McCowan. She gets by on size (weight) and height. She is lumbering with no grace whatsoever in her movement. A large percentage of her O boards are from her own missed bunnies. Not unusual for her to get 2 boards on the same possession. She loafs back on possession changes and has developed an ugly stare down at the opponent when she blocks a shot. Guess I'm biased but to me it borders on being unsportsmanlike. I predict that she is never an impact player in the WNBA.

Still true today. Happy to see that others are starting to see it too.

Sophie

tenor.gif

Reactions: cockofdawn
I posted this about 2 weeks ago: I don't get the love for McCowan. She gets by on size (weight) and height. She is lumbering with no grace whatsoever in her movement. A large percentage of her O boards are from her own missed bunnies. Not unusual for her to get 2 boards on the same possession. She loafs back on possession changes and has developed an ugly stare down at the opponent when she blocks a shot. Guess I'm biased but to me it borders on being unsportsmanlike. I predict that she is never an impact player in the WNBA.

Still true today. Happy to see that others are starting to see it too.

She's shooting 66%, so she's not really missing that many shots. I dunno...I'm glad she's graduating. Hopefully we can hold her under 20 rebounds next month.

Reactions: GarnetGhost
She's shooting 66%, so she's not really missing that many shots. I dunno...I'm glad she's graduating. Hopefully we can hold her under 20 rebounds next month.
I haven't looked up her stats but have watched many of their games. Several times a game she gets an O-board off a teammates miss and misses her own putback and rebounds that miss. Thereby getting 2 O-boards on the same possession. I guess my "large percentage" is inaccurate. Her stare downs really irritate me. I also will be glad to see her graduate but not because I think she is a great player.

Reactions: gamecockblack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT