ADVERTISEMENT

I HIGH FIVED DAWN STALEY here at Athens !

CliffordII

Feb 3, 2013
Athens,Ga.
Hey Guys,
Something positive ! I supported the Lady 'Cocks vs Georgia Thursday evening here at Athens !
Tonight I saw Bianca Cuevas w/ my own eyes ball the Lady Bulldogs.
It was great to tap hands w/most all the Lady Gamecocks as I leaned over at the end of the game !

And has anybody else ever high-fived a coach ?
It was great to be the only one that got to lean over and do that as DAWN STALEY Hand Tapped me back, while walking out of Stegeman Coliseum into the tunnel ! She said our crowd support made an awesome difference !
(Been here in Athens still keeping up w/my home state GAMECOCK NATION for 15 years.)

GO GAMECOCKS !

Originally posted by CliffordII:
Hey Guys,
Something positive ! I supported the Lady 'Cocks vs Georgia Thursday evening here at Athens !
Tonight I saw Bianca Cuevas w/ my own eyes ball the Lady Bulldogs.
It was great to tap hands w/most all the Lady Gamecocks as I leaned over at the end of the game !

And has anybody else ever high-fived a coach ?
It was great to be the only one that got to lean over and do that as DAWN STALEY Hand Tapped me back, while walking out of Stegeman Coliseum into the tunnel ! She said our crowd support made an awesome difference !
(Been here in Athens still keeping up w/my home state GAMECOCK NATION for 15 years.)

GO GAMECOCKS !
Wish I could travel the 70 miles to Athens for such contests. Work and other conflicts keep me from attending USC appearances at Stegman Coliseum. Best I can do is Sunday baseball games at Foley Field when USC plays there; next time will probably be the Spring of 2016.

Thanks for attending! Near the end of the game, the cheers from the Gamecock fans was obvious.

No, I have never high fived a woman's BB coach- you got me there- but I met Joe Montana in his prime and hung out with him a little. I called him "Joe" that day like we were buds or something- I'm sure he will never forget it- does that count?

I had dinner with Herschel Walker and Dan Fouts at atlanta superbowl. Me, 2 other people and them. Walker was incredible, fouts not so much

Re: I always loved dolls as a child. I want a Dawn Staley doll. **

Originally posted by chick75:
GOCOCKS! BEATVANDY! BEATUCONN!
I have a Dawn Staley bobble head.

Re: Can you make one of those 3D copies for me? ;-) **

I would love to have a 3D printer!

re:vacock# Oh yes, we started throwing chants things like (Back group)"GAME" (the front group) "COCKS" (Back group) "GAME" (front group) "COCKS".... You are very welcome for my support. And it was great fun !

@stevestrat2 : Met Joe Cool Montana in his prime--are you kidding me ??
Yes, that definitely counts. I watched Joe Montana since high school--and was basically an out-of-town, Pawleys Island , SC
resident who was eternally keeping up w/ Montana and all the things of San Francisco.
I wish they had not stolen his legacy of the 4th Superbowl MVP that he SHOULD have had.
Heck, EVEN THE WINNER JERRY RICE SAID; "If it was ME, I would have given (my) Superbowl MVP to Joe Montana... His leadership on the field and in the huddle and all...

THAT 4th SUPERBOWL MVP would have separated Montana from Tom Brady.
BUT, good as Tom Brady may be , he will NEVER be able to say he threw exactly ZERO Interceptions in ALL FOUR Superbowls like my Joe Cool.
In the biggest chaos--like in the SUPERBOWL--THAT's When you saw Montana REALLY shine.
And most people don't know that Montana (and coach Bill Walsh) put a delapidated 49'ers organization on the Superbowl map BEFORE Jerry Rice came their. In fact Jerry Rice said much later "I was like a deer in the headlights looking up to this" mythical figure "called Montana when I came to the 49ers" from the college Mississippi Valley State.

And YOU dined w/my quaterback in his prime--( that like my recent encounter w/Hall of Fame Player--now super coach Dawn Staley of Carolina Women's Basketball) would be a memory you'd never forget, right ??!!

@1987cgamecock; Dinner w/ Hershel Walker/Dan Fouts---nice !
Well, I've been out of Carolina--and here in Athens,GA for a while, and about 1996, in my apartment's telephone, I saw on my caller ID--you guessed it, the caller "HERSHEL WALKER" !
I Quickly snapped a photo but the name did not develop for my permanent collection.
BUT since you shared yours, I know that
I HAVE UNTILL THIS DAY PHOTOS OF MY PICTURE W/GEORGE ,heisman, ROGERS. He was at the Ramada Inn here for a Georgia versus South Carolina game in 1995. His friend said "Sure, George'll take a picture w/ you !
And George Rogers was a smiling , VERY easy-going person w/ me. You would have never thought he was once a Nationally
famous celebrity as Heisman trophy winner--and was a former first-round draft pick to the N F L (New Orleans).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT