ADVERTISEMENT

I Just Have to Say (Coaching-Related)...

king ward

Aug 10, 1999
Lancaster, SC
…that boy out at Utah - Whittingham - is one heck of a football coach.

I'm amazed he's never been beguiled to leave there. I suppose that, at 62, his phone will not be ringing and he'll continue winning a lot of games for the Utes until he has had enough. They drubbed Oregon, a more talented team with a genius coach, two games in a row. My hat's off to him.

His personality and background make him a fit at Utah. He was smart enough to realize that and hunkered down. He was sort of like Dabo, Ferentz, Beamer's pop, in that sense. It's generally a waste of time to go after those guys.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

I'm amazed he's never been beguiled to leave there. I suppose that, at 62, his phone will not be ringing and he'll continue winning a lot of games for the Utes until he has had enough. They drubbed Oregon, a more talented team with a genius coach, two games in a row. My hat's off to him.
He still got a lot of thread left on his tires. I can see him coaching at a high level for the next 5 to 7 years.

I know you love this coaching stuff, Ward. We all do when it revs up like this.

Have you been tracking today's ultimate silliness? The OU boards and Twitter are full of OU fans who are are convinced Radokovich leaving means Dabo/Venebles to Oklahoma.

It's quite entertaining.

Reactions: king ward

I think he’s been at Utah since the mid 90’s. Seems to be content there, with no aspirations to go elsewhere. I wouldn’t call him a boy, considering he’s over 60, lol. But he’s one heck of a good coach. I’m glad them guys rolled the ducks twice in the same season.

I think he’s been at Utah since the mid 90’s. Seems to be content there, with no aspirations to go elsewhere. I wouldn’t call him a boy, considering he’s over 60, lol. But he’s one heck of a good coach. I’m glad them guys rolled the ducks twice in the same season.
I should explain. I'm 71 next week. When I speak conversationly, I'm apt to refer to other men that way, especially those younger than I. But obviously, if a person is black, I eschew the appellation.

I was delighted for his recent wins and have been impressed by his overall career success. He's worth way more than $4.1 million in today's market.

That’s the key to happiness, is it not? Find a place where you can be successful and content, and not spend your life chasing the money, thinking the grass is always greener somewhere else.
Lots of people have crashed on the rocks of that next job. But they can't resist testing themselves.

I should explain. I'm 71 next week. When I speak conversationly, I'm apt to refer to other men that way, especially those younger than I. But obviously, if a person is black, I eschew the appellation.

I was delighted for his recent wins and have been impressed by his overall career success. He's worth way more than $4.1 million in today's market.
I understand, and the boy comment was tongue in cheek 😀. I turned 50 a few days ago and I’m prone to calling those younger than myself boy. Happy early birthday to you. I enjoy your posts and your take on things.

Reactions: king ward

I agree, he's a great coach. I'm pretty sure he's Mormon, so he may not want to leave the area. I think Bronco Mendenhall was also Mormon and now he's leaving UVA. No idea why he's leaving.

Have you been tracking today's ultimate silliness? The OU boards and Twitter are full of OU fans who are are convinced Radokovich leaving means Dabo/Venebles to Oklahoma.

It's quite entertaining.
It's the most wonderful time of the year. But most years ain't THIS good.

Reactions: fowl_mood
I agree, he's a great coach. I'm pretty sure he's Mormon, so he may not want to leave the area. I think Bronco Mendenhall was also Mormon and now he's leaving UVA. No idea why he's leaving.
He would be a fish out of water in such a relatively cosmopolitan (I wouldn't say "liberal") place. But he knew he was leaving Joseph Smith territory when he moved.

He still got a lot of thread left on his tires. I can see him coaching at a high level for the next 5 to 7 years.
Right, especially if he doesn't take on a rebuilding job. Southern Cal will probably be reasserting itself out there, but this guy should still be good for nine or ten wins every year.

They've tried. He's not leaving.

It's quite entertaining.
Yeah about as funny as you thinking Beamer was a candidate. They jump from Beamer to Dabo...logic is in short supply.

You mean, you don't think Beamer the Redeemer is, or was, a PRIME candidate?😲
My greatest triumph will come when it is confirmed Beamer was a candidate. I shall let Oklahoma have the same treatment he applies to those relatively harmless posters like myself. Prepare yourself for disgrace. Lol...... Ward, you're off the hook because you are generally a good guy. But keep hanging around those okie rebel rousers and I don't know!!!

Not to mention when the contract is tweaked..I'm going to bathe in sweet success!

• Haha
My greatest triumph will come when it is confirmed Beamer was a candidate. I shall let Oklahoma have the same treatment he applies to those relatively harmless posters like myself. Prepare yourself for disgrace. Lol...... Ward, you're off the hook because you are generally a good guy. But keep hanging around those okie rebel rousers and I don't know!!!

Not to mention when the contract is tweaked..I'm going to bathe in sweet success!
You confuse me with somebody who's really invested in this. Disgrace can't touch me, not with respect to this. I'm not the one who posted that he was either a "prime candidate" or a "top candidate", but when people started sweating over it, I decided to "participate" a little bit.

I'm dying here...like literally dying from laughter.

I feel important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT