ADVERTISEMENT

I know a Scapegoat when I see one...

Pats4lyfe89

Nov 11, 2018
Why us as fans are not realizing that they recent fires were done because someone needed to be fired after this season. In my most honest opinion the wrong coaches were fired. I think that Muschamp hired McClendon and he should've had to get fired with BMac. The fact of the matter is Muschamp had a Superbowl winning Offensive Coordinator at Florida... FLORIDA.

How many college teams do we see firing a strength and conditioning coach? How many players were injured because of strength and conditioning really let's be honest? Jake Bentley...Kiel Pollard...Belk...Vann...Edwards?

I see alot of excitement about who the next OC is gonna be and if nobody can see that is exactly what they wanted...to find a way to keep Muschamp but make fans happy.

My last question is if Muschamp wins 5 games next year which is highly likely...what is the difference between firing him this year than next or are 5 wins next year acceptable?

Why us as fans are not realizing that they recent fires were done because someone needed to be fired after this season. In my most honest opinion the wrong coaches were fired. I think that Muschamp hired McClendon and he should've had to get fired with BMac. The fact of the matter is Muschamp had a Superbowl winning Offensive Coordinator at Florida... FLORIDA.

How many college teams do we see firing a strength and conditioning coach? How many players were injured because of strength and conditioning really let's be honest? Jake Bentley...Kiel Pollard...Belk...Vann...Edwards?

I see alot of excitement about who the next OC is gonna be and if nobody can see that is exactly what they wanted...to find a way to keep Muschamp but make fans happy.

My last question is if Muschamp wins 5 games next year which is highly likely...what is the difference between firing him this year than next or are 5 wins next year acceptable?

Our win total won't be drastically different and the buyout doesn't drop by THAT much. People make it sound like the buyout is astronomically unaffordable this year but eminently reasonable next year. It is not. If we won't fire him for 4 wins b/c of a $19 million buyout, we won't fire him for 5-6 wins with a $15 million buyout.

Our win total won't be drastically different and the buyout doesn't drop by THAT much. People make it sound like the buyout is astronomically unaffordable this year but eminently reasonable next year. It is not. If we won't fire him for 4 wins b/c of a $19 million buyout, we won't fire him for 5-6 wins with a $15 million buyout.
I agree that it is not that different. But he will get fired for similar results next year. A new university president not wanting this to be his first move spending 19 million to fire someone along with an AD that has not planned on replacing Muschamp this year result in letting it go one more year. Yes ticket sales will take a hit. But not enough to change their minds this year. Next year ticket sales will fall off a cliff if the results a similar by the end of the season. Plus the university can say they did all they could to avoid blowing all that money. It just did not work out.

Reactions: Patriot321

Don't completely disagree, but history has proven Charlie Weiss to be terrible. Belichek really propped him up during his time in the NFL.

In reality, Muschamp has never had a good OC. He's the one doing the hiring, so that is his own fault, but nonetheless look at the guys he hired and their results with Muschamp and after. All are dumpster fires.

If he magically hired a great OC, could he turn this ship around? Maybe. However, his track record says that he is not the person that needs to do the hiring.

Fire him now for $19 mil
Fire him next year for $15 mil while paying his $4.4 mil salary.
It’s equivalent to paying his full pay. Boils down to guaranteed money.
Think about it. Muschamp only needs to show up every day, keep his nose clean, attend meetings, blow some smoke up the donors asses. That’s is. That all he has to do to get the rest of the roughly $20 mil that Ray promised him.

We as fans knew hiring Ray was king Dixon 2.0. Why couldn’t the Carolina country club see it?

Fire him now for $19 mil
It’s equivalent to paying his full pay.
Boils down to guaranteed money.
Think about it. Muschamp only needs to show up every day, keep his nose clean, attend meetings, blow some smoke up the donors asses. That’s is. That all he has to do to get the rest of the roughly $20 mil that Ray promised him.
Yes but if you fire him a new coach also has to be paid big bucks with a long contract. So you are paying double. They just kicked the can down the road to give them some time to figure who to hire and talk big donors into giving money for a new coach.

I am on board with dropping the strength coach. Look at all of our injuries and the ones Muschamp had at Florida with the guy. That many injuries can't be coincidence. Couple that with the way our guys seem to get pushed around by Sunbelt teams and I think that was a rare wise Muschamp decision.

Fire him now for $19 mil
It’s equivalent to paying his full pay. Boils down to guaranteed money.
Yes but if you fire him a new coach also has to be paid big bucks with a long contract. So you are paying double. They just kicked the can down the road to give them some time to figure who to hire and talk big donors into giving money for a new coach.

so what it really boils down to is: do you want to keep paying him to stay here and lose and set the program back or pay him to go away. either way, he's going to get paid.

Reactions: sclawman77
We're screwed

Actually 4-wins seems to be acceptable at USC.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Kicking the can still costs you over $19 mil on muschamp. Not hiring a new coach now gets you another year of him and then buying out a 3-4 year contract for this new OC

so what it really boils down to is: do you want to keep paying him to stay here and lose and set the program back or pay him to go away. either way, he's going to get paid.
Exactly. And next year there will 10+ more teams looking for a new coach. So it's dumb to say this year is the wrong year and next year is better.

Kicking the can still costs you over $19 mil on muschamp. Not hiring a new coach now gets you another year of him and then buying out a 3-4 year contract for this new OC
Yep. Not a good decision. If I was the president I may make the same decision due to being new on the job and not necessarily trusting that my AD would make the correct choice. In that case unless a miracle happened I would be replacing both next year.

4 million bucks . That’s the difference and all they care about

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT