ADVERTISEMENT

I like to apologize to my Gamecock Family

Brace1

Oct 8, 2008
Greenville SC
To the Gamecock faithful on this board I’ve offended. I’m asking you to please accept my apology. I never meant to hurt anybody’s feelings, but I seem to keep doing that. Please forgive me and I will try to be more humble going forward or I won’t say anything at all. I’ve gotten upset with other posters on here “myself, but I know that’s the game so I suck it up!

To the Gamecock faithful on this board I’ve offended. I’m asking you to please accept my apology. I never meant to hurt anybody’s feelings, but I seem to keep doing that. Please forgive me and I will try to be more humble going forward or I won’t say anything at all. I’ve gotten upset with other posters on here “myself, but I know that’s the game so I suck it up!
No issue here! No need to apologize, IMO.

Reactions: Brace1

I don’t know what was said but you can’t have made more people mad than me. We have incompetence and i tell people. #notadime

OrnateGraveDormouse-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: cockofdawn
Lose the contrition. Tumultuous times lie ahead.

Last edited:

No need for an apology. It’s your opinion. This country has gotten too soft. People need to realize they can scroll through and disagree without taking it personal.

Apologizing is a sign of strength based on a true understanding of yourself, not a sign of weakness. We are all human.
Sometimes apologizing is appropriate. I've had to do it many times to mend relationships that meant something to me. Unless a person stoops to pejorative name-calling or extreme castigation of another person, it is seldom necessary on a sports board.

I have 2 midget friends who went to a bordello. They got side by side rooms. One of my buddies was so disappointed in his performance. He went all night trying to make love with the lady but to no avail. He just couldn’t get it up. He said he heard his buddy in the next room all night long yelling, “ONE, TWO, THREE, Ugh!!! Time after time he heard his friend...ONE, TWO, THREE Ugh!!!

The next morning at breakfast they discussed the previous night. The first midget said he felt so bad because he couldn’t perform even once all night long. His friend said, “That’s nothing. I tried to jump up on the bed all night and never made it”.

I agree. I do the same. Sometimes I go back and read one of my posts and realize it sounds rude. And sometimes when I did not intend rudeness. Anger can come out of all of us especially during down football periods. Many take it personally when someone does not agree with them. Then there are those who get personal because they disagree.

I accept your apology and offer mine as well. Going forward maybe we can crusade for better manners by how we respond. I will do my best.

I've never apologized for anything as long as I've lived. Sorry if that's a problem.

It is a problem, but it is your problem. “ We’ve all got it coming.” William Munny, ( Clint Eastwood) Unforgiven.

Reactions: cockycurran
Criticize Players, ok to apologize.
Criticize AD and Coach Performance...no apology needed; character...apologize.
Criticize posters, in good fun or factually...no apology....being brutal smart a&&....apologize.

The paid guys are always fair game for anything they are paid for. The unpaid and kids not so much. Posters are on here voluntarily.

I can't imagine what could have been posted, that could have been perceived as so objectionable that would warrant such contrition.
Now I will say there should be no room for personal insults, which unfortunately happens on here with too much frequency.
To quote Socrates " When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser"

Reactions: Dizzy01 and Brace1
If............. folks allow this board to offend them.........there may be other concerns outside of the board

Brace, while you may not be Kingward or Jeff2001, you are a solid value add poster, definitely mid 3 star, approaching high 3 star. Give it time the process takes, well forever

Reactions: jeff2001
I've read ALL of Brace's posts and I my opinion is he is a pretty overrated contributor to this board...

LOL, nah man, one thing Brace touched on the other day was there were folks who were worried about Lattimore being a "Byrnes system kid" and talk about his fumbling issues...that's true and I remember all that talk. Now, it was the majority but it was talked about, so point to him on that.

Everyone has their opinions...I guess when it comes to talking about other people (players and coaches) I try to treat a message board similar to what I'd say about that person's performance/talent to their face for the most part....I dont think Brace has done anything really other than just state his opinions. As far as his vast knowledge of HS football and all that, does anyone truly care??? I mean, I'm going to choose to trust the guy as much as me trusting someone on a message board matters.

I have 2 midget friends who went to a bordello. They got side by side rooms. One of my buddies was so disappointed in his performance. He went all night trying to make love with the lady but to no avail. He just couldn’t get it up. He said he heard his buddy in the next room all night long yelling, “ONE, TWO, THREE, Ugh!!! Time after time he heard his friend...ONE, TWO, THREE Ugh!!!

The next morning at breakfast they discussed the previous night. The first midget said he felt so bad because he couldn’t perform even once all night long. His friend said, “That’s nothing. I tried to jump up on the bed all night and never made it”.

That's excellent. Being 5-foot-6, I enjoy a good midget story and have several.

Here are two. I was in a bar outside a bar in Fayetteville one winter night and had to use the bathroom -- was in a stall sitting on the commode (it was a one-holer with one of those troughs for No. 1) when the door opens and this guy comes in. I hear a kind of a grunt, then the sounds of shoes hitting the floor and "damn I'm ugly," three or four times in row. So I peek out through a crack to see WTH is going on and there's this mean little midget biker looking guy jumping up to see his reflection in the mirror, then landing. I assumed he was dangerous and didn't want to get stabbed in the kneecap or worse, so I decided discretion as the better part of valor and stayed put until he left. Which took longer than I wanted. The motto of that story is never take a ---- in a bar, I guess.

I also had a female German midget dart out of the lady's room at a bar on the Strauss one night in Aschaffenburg and grab my testicles, which were in jeans. We later got hooked up (I was drunk) and she had the clap, and I caught it and had to go to the medics, but for some reason the whole episode made me something of a hero with a couple of black guys in our battery.

Not bragging, mind you, but me and midgets got a history.

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
If............. folks allow this board to offend them.........there may be other concerns outside of the board

Brace, while you may not be Kingward or Jeff2001, you are a solid value add poster, definitely mid 3 star, approaching high 3 star. Give it time the process takes, well forever
So what you are saying is he needs to go back and evaluate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT