ADVERTISEMENT

I noticed something on several of our kickoffs yesterday.....

aj&uscgrad

Jul 16, 2000
Most of them landed right at the goal line. I know Parker can and has boomed kicks through the end zone. Curious if it was a deliberate strategy to try to keep them pinned back and maybe get a turnover. If so it mostly worked as our coverage kept them inside the 25. Maybe our scouting saw they had very poor kick return teams but will not be wise with every opponent. Of course every time we kicked to them I had flashbacks to when it seemed like Vandy would return every kickoff for a touchdown.

And B. Edwards just doesn’t seem like a punt returner. Good hands he has. But most like to have shifty/speedy guys doing that.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I think we are putting sure-handedness above everything else back there, and for now, I'm good with that.
I'm not. Anytime we settle for this, we're usually sacrificing a potential game changing play on special teams. While I know they have different skill sets (so save your breath on this particular critique), it hearkens back to putting Hayden Hurst back there to receive punts. It reeks of the attitude of "Let's just hope we don't screw this up." It's a defeatist attitude.

Whatever happened to the talk about Jam returning punts? Wasn't he supposed to be pretty good at that? If he suddenly isn't good enough to start, couldn't he be least good enough to return punts? If not, I noticed Deebo returned one in Nashville. Since he's so far been pretty much held in check this season, we should be devising every way possible to get him the ball.

I'm not. Anytime we settle for this, we're usually sacrificing a potential game changing play on special teams. While I know they have different skill sets (so save your breath on this particular critique), it hearkens back to putting Hayden Hurst back there to receive punts. It reeks of the attitude of "Let's just hope we don't screw this up." It's a defeatist attitude.

Whatever happened to the talk about Jam returning punts? Wasn't he supposed to be pretty good at that? If he suddenly isn't good enough to start, couldn't he be least good enough to return punts? If not, I noticed Deebo returned one in Nashville. Since he's so far been pretty much held in check this season, we should be devising every way possible to get him the ball.
That was in general, King. Not just you. :rolleyes:

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT