ADVERTISEMENT

I saw last night the odds of us winning the last 3 games on the road...

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
Against Ole Piss 52%
Against Florida 24% (I think)
Against Clemson 8%

I say against Clemson we have a chance...

I think on offense, we just need to pound the ball to wear out the defense.. Even the best defense will wear down over time...

On defense, apply pressure and stop it with 3 men down... Put 5 men on the line apply pressure... Bring pressure to the QB...

Tenn moved the ball fairly well with a heavy dose of quick passes and screens.

There O Line was outmatched and their QB took a lot of hits but to his credit stood in there and got the ball off and took shots.

Our O Line will be outmatched on the road vs Clemson, this recipe could work for us to against a superior D Line

We have the worse secondary in my recent memory. Even worse than 2016 I believe, Trevor Lawrence is going to put up 400 yards passing and Clemson’s D is not in the same ball park as Tenn. I respect you but I think 8% chance we win is generous.

That 8% was from the SECN crew... I don't know where they got the number, but we're 4 weeks away and anything can happen between now and November 24...

I think back in 1980, Clemson had something like 8% chance against us and we know what happened...

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
We have a chance against Clemson ... there’s also a chance I may see a Bigfoot on a Unicorn on the way to work this morning . Sorry guys , no chance in hell . I just want to see us fight and not roll over and die by the 2nd quarter again . I think we can beat UF . Their offense it still blah . Franks is a terrible QB .

Beat Ole Miss, Chattanooga, and the makeup game, go to Music City or Birmingham and get a win makes this an 8 win team. That should be good enough to hang onto this recruiting class and I think it’s about all we’re gonna get.
I’m with you. We’ve had injuries this year and I’m happy that we make adjustments after halftime to put ourselves in position to win. I’ll be pleased if we beat Ole Miss and beat who we need to beat the rest of the season. We ain’t beating Clemson. No one can run on them. Maybe the short stuff that UT beat us on could keep us in the game.

I’m with you. We’ve had injuries this year and I’m happy that we make adjustments after halftime to put ourselves in position to win. I’ll be pleased if we beat Ole Miss and beat who we need to beat the rest of the season. We ain’t beating Clemson. No one can run on them. Maybe the short stuff that UT beat us on could keep us in the game.

I wish we could start faster. I have now quit watching the first half

Reactions: mavcock
We’d better learn how to use screens because if Jake thinks he’s gonna stand back there and have time to throw those 50 yard bombs he’s gonna get hurt. Us “pounding” the ball will get us several quick three and outs and then we’re down 21-0 after one quarter.
And with Lawrence’s velocity and the cushion we give receivers they are licking their chops.
They will work on every facet of their game and use us as a tune up for the following week when they will play a team of roughly the same caliber for another ACC crown.

Reactions: Aoq
We’d better learn how to use screens because if Jake thinks he’s gonna stand back there and have time to throw those 50 yard bombs he’s gonna get hurt. Us “pounding” the ball will get us several quick three and outs and then we’re down 21-0 after one quarter.
And with Lawrence’s velocity and the cushion we give receivers they are licking their chops.
They will work on every facet of their game and use us as a tune up for the following week when they will play a team of roughly the same caliber for another ACC crown.

Our screens blow up all the time... I think we make it too see to spot a screen..

Reactions: Judson1
No disrespect to the OP, but emotional thinking is not going to allow us to beat Clemson. They are loaded from top to bottom times three. If we can keep the under 65 points that would constitute a moral victory. We might get a touchdown, late in the fourth.

Reactions: Dutch Cock
Against Ole Piss 52%
Against Clemson 8%
I think all of those odds are optimistic. Ole Miss is the closest to being accurate, but with it being on the road, I judge our odds to be just under 50%. Florida on the road should probably be more like 10%. As for Clemson, maybe the folks at ESPN think there is an 8% chance Lawrence gets injured and can't play the game.

No disrespect to the OP, but emotional thinking is not going to allow us to beat Clemson. They are loaded from top to bottom times three. If we can keep the under 65 points that would constitute a moral victory. We might get a touchdown, late in the fourth.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. The only team I think can play Clemson is Bama. Their lines are just dominating teams.

Beat Ole Miss, Chattanooga, and the makeup game, go to Music City or Birmingham and get a win makes this an 8 win team. That should be good enough to hang onto this recruiting class and I think it’s about all we’re gonna get.
I don't disagree with any of that. But as a practical matter, after Clemson beats us something like they beat FSU this weekend, will any fan of the program have any enthusiasm for the make-up game or the Birmingham Bowl? Get humiliated by Clemson and a make-up game against a patsy just looks like a contrived way to make us feel good about the program.

Against Ole Piss 52%
Against Clemson 8%

I think on offense, we just need to pound the ball to wear out the defense.. Even the best defense will wear down over time...

On defense, apply pressure and stop it with 3 men down... Put 5 men on the line apply pressure... Bring pressure to the QB...

We will lose by 50 to Clemson.

I don't disagree with any of that. But as a practical matter, after Clemson beats us something like they beat FSU this weekend, will any fan of the program have any enthusiasm for the make-up game or the Birmingham Bowl? Get humiliated by Clemson and a make-up game against a patsy just looks like a contrived way to make us feel good about the program.
That’s the whole point kinda though. Feel good. We had 9 win season last year, and got toasted by Clemson but at least we won a bowl game :cool:

As long as the defense can keep us in the game until Bentley warms up, we have a chance. Kinda been the story of 2018.

Last edited:
As long as the defense can keep us in the game until Bently warms up, we have a chance. Kinda been the story of 2018.

I was thinking this too, but I just worry by the time that happens we'll be down by 28 or more and their 3rd string D is probably better than what we've played against so far this season. So I'm not super optimistic about that. But at the same time, all it takes is the best team to have one bad game...

Reactions: bucketdad
I was thinking this too, but I just worry by the time that happens we'll be down by 28 or more and their 3rd string D is probably better than what we've played against so far this season. So I'm not super optimistic about that. But at the same time, all it takes is the best team to have one bad game...

True, but Clemson is too good and will not have a bad game against us at home. Even if they had a real bad game, they would still kill us.

We don’t sustain long enough drives to keep our defense off the field, even though our rushing attack helped us do a better job of that yesterday. To have success the rest of the season IMO, we need more sustainable clock- running drives, as our lack of depth on defense generally shows its ugly head in the 4th quarter. My point is- adjust the game plan. Not sure up-tempo plays to our strengths. Against Clemson, it won’t matter anyway- too many athletes.

True, but Clemson is too good and will not have a bad game against us at home. Even if they had a real bad game, they would still kill us.

Haha, wishful thinking I guess.

I hate to say it though, but that #3 freshman on their defense has been killing qb's....and he's not even a starter. We better have our ducks in a row when we go to the upstate, that's for sure.

Against Ole Piss 52%
Against Clemson 8%

As much as I wish you were correct, only an elite team is going to run on Clemson. I looked at the rushing and passing stats on all of Clemson’s games so far. Only 3 teams have scored more than 7 points ... TX A&M, GT, Syracuse. Only the games vs A&M and Syracuse was the outcome ever in doubt. Clemson held both A&M to 71 total rushing yards, and Syracuse to 61, both of whom barely averaged 2 yds/carry. To say that we can run on Clemson is to say our O line is better than A&M’s. However; A&M had 450 passing yards and Syracuse 250 even after Clemson’s D had rendered them to be 1 dimensional. I’m not ready to go out on a limb to say that we can run on Clemson, but we may be able to pass like UT against us last night, but only if they respect that we can throw down field. If not, they will not only stop the run, but the short passing game as well. We will have to score a bunch because I think they are capable of scoring 100 on us.

There will be next to no one at both of those games.

Clemtech is scary right now. We can't even beat Kentucky which is one dimensional. Etienne and Lawrence will 1-2 combo us all night. Ughh

Against Ole Piss 52%
Against Clemson 8%

Clemson gave up almost 600 yards to Aggies. Please. We gotta play better in the 1st half against rest of our schedule and them. Gotta slap everyone in the mouth earlier. Can't continue this Borneo approach

Everyone we play seems better prepared than us at the start of every game. It might just still be a talent issue but I tend to lean towards coaching

Against Ole Piss 52%
Against Clemson 8%

I'd put our chances against UPC at .8%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT