ADVERTISEMENT

I say, "keep the staff add HC Beamer"...

GamecockNYSC

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2020
I know what you are thinking but hear me out. We need to find out whether Beamer or Napier can handle the SEC. Lets bring them on with everything remaining in place and give them a 2 season evaluation. If they can not get it done, let a new coach in 2024 build the whole program from scratch with the Muschamp bill gone gone/down. Lets be honest Gene Chizik and Urban are the only sure thiings and they are not available. So lets Beamer get a two year shot, by then Freeze will be able to get back in the SEC or we can pick up a fired NFL coach who's ready to come back to college like Spurrier did. Before you say T-Robb hes gone anyway so thats a free pickup.

Reactions: SweetgrassVodka
I'm down with this but only if Wally Burnham can take T-Rob's place. If he has learned from his mistakes he could be the next Saban.

Also, Muschamp for AD. He'll bring all these players back that hate us on Twitter right now. Would be awesome if Kinlaw could catch the pass in the spring game.

I'm down with this but only if Wally Burnham can take T-Rob's place. If he has learned from his mistakes he could be the next Saban.

Also, Muschamp for AD. He'll bring all these players back that hate us on Twitter right now. Would be awesome if Kinlaw could catch the pass in the spring game.
Why not, Wally Burnham is as close to a sure thing as Gene Chizik is, LOL.

I meant SEC experience not like guaranteed SEC Championships
The only reason Chizek was hired at Auburn was because he was willing to go along with all their cheating. He only won a NC because of Cam Newton who should have been ineligible. Look at the rest of his record. He's a sure thing only if you're saying he's sure to be worse than Muschamp.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
The only reason Chizek was hired at Auburn was because he was willing to go along with all their cheating. He only won a NC because of Cam Newton who should have been ineligible. Look at the rest of his record. He's a sure thing only if you're saying he's sure to be worse than Muschamp.

I hear you but you are talking about a choice between a Assistant HC and a guy from a third rate school in a third rate league -SEC play is much different. Colin Hill learned that on Saturdays. I cant tell if one of our team colors is green because he stays in the grass. SEC speed is real.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
Why not, Wally Burnham is as close to a sure thing as Gene Chizik is, LOL.
True but even if he wasn't it doesn't matter. Everything is a risk. Whether it's 1% risk or 99% risk it's all the same.

BTW, it's been a week. Don't you guys think Muschamp has learned from his mistakes by now like he did after Florida? Some lucky school is going to get a great coach!

Reactions: back from the past
This program better not take a chance on a position coach with no HC experience. Beamer could be a HR hire but this risk are to unknown.

Gene Chizik? Oh my lord.

BTW, how much "SEC experience" did Urban have when he took over Florida in 2005? Zippo. He went from coaching in the Mountain West to winning a national title two years later. Good coaches are good coaches and will succeed in any league. They just aren't easy to find. But you certainly don't want to hire guys like Chizik that assuredly ARE NOT good coaches.

Reactions: rogue cock
Why do I even bother to read this forum during a coaching hire. Probably losing IQ points reading some of these threads. I never read other teams forums, do they have similar type idiotic posts during a coaching search or is this unique to our fan base?

I'm still stuck at Gene Chizik as a sure thing.
No, really, all we need is the best OL in the conference for a single year, a revolutionary OC and the next Cam Newton and we can have a hell of a once off between all the losing seasons that dominate the rest of his career.

I know what you are thinking but hear me out. We need to find out whether Beamer or Napier can handle the SEC. Lets bring them on with everything remaining in place and give them a 2 season evaluation. If they can not get it done, let a new coach in 2024 build the whole program from scratch with the Muschamp bill gone gone/down. Lets be honest Gene Chizik and Urban are the only sure thiings and they are not available. So lets Beamer get a two year shot, by then Freeze will be able to get back in the SEC or we can pick up a fired NFL coach who's ready to come back to college like Spurrier did. Before you say T-Robb hes gone anyway so thats a free pickup.
W...What?!?

Why do I even bother to read this forum during a coaching hire. Probably losing IQ points reading some of these threads. I never read other teams forums, do they have similar type idiotic posts during a coaching search or is this unique to our fan base?
Not unique.

True but even if he wasn't it doesn't matter. Everything is a risk. Whether it's 1% risk or 99% risk it's all the same.

BTW, it's been a week. Don't you guys think Muschamp has learned from his mistakes by now like he did after Florida? Some lucky school is going to get a great coach!
Texas is probably licking their chops. Herman's seat just got hotter.

Clean house.....start with new coach with his people, what's there is part of the problem.

To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I wouldn't want a coach who would agree to that.

Really? I truly want some of what you are drinking? So we have a staff that is losing. Losing embarrassingly in some instances. But yet your solution is to keep this bunch of geniuses to support a guy who you don't have a clue can be a head coach, or not? Talk about waving the white flag and just saying it is over. If they did that some of the covid attendance figures might would look impressive. Now is there a coach, or two, that a new coach might keep because of recruiting ties? Maybe. But keeping the current staff as a whole just boggles the mind

Reactions: ddw1263
I love Shane Beamer. I know him personally. Great guy. He could build an excellent staff here. He’s a great recruiter. People love him!

How about we hire a new HC and give him the power to hire whoever he thinks gives him the best chance to keep said job.

No. A new HC should be able to chose his staff. Sure, keep those you want. Hire new ones to replace those you don’t.
Ditto - No decent head coach would agree with not choosing his own staff. Shows bad judgment right from the start. Also, you need at least a 4 year contract to have a shot at recruiting.

I’ve read less on this forum since Sunday than in the past year or two. This thread may be the most bizarre I’ve seen though.

Where u been, the staff sucks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT