ADVERTISEMENT

I think Bently is being maligned without sufficient provocation

spook spook

Jan 6, 2018
In your darkest dreams late at night
he kid is not the second coming of Dru Brees but most of the negative posts do not really look at his main problem--- he has, so far, been a TWICH.

He means well and tries his best to make positive things happen, but whenever he tosses it to the bad guys he can't forget his temporarily maladjusted radar and seems to more often stay in a hazy mind set where he confuses the good guys and the bad guys. If he could put the misfire behind him and get on with his football mission, the world would be a much better place.

Possibly our jet-speed offensive coordinator can develop a secret code to aid and abet the receivers in having some inkling which way the seed is going to be heaved- this might erase the doubt which often occurs in our receivers running routes (as indicated by B's immediate hand gestures).

Reactions: cockofdawn
he kid is not the second coming of Dru Brees but most of the negative posts do not really look at his main problem--- he has, so far, been a TWICH.

He means well and tries his best to make positive things happen, but whenever he tosses it to the bad guys he can't forget his temporarily maladjusted radar and seems to more often stay in a hazy mind set where he confuses the good guys and the bad guys. If he could put the misfire behind him and get on with his football mission, the world would be a much better place.

Possibly our jet-speed offensive coordinator can develop a secret code to aid and abet the receivers in having some inkling which way the seed is going to be heaved- this might erase the doubt which often occurs in our receivers running routes (as indicated by B's immediate hand gestures).
LOL!! Good point(s) there no doubt!!

I like the kid (i.e. Bently), I really do! But the facts are that he's no Conner Shaw, nor Steve Taneyhill, Dylan Thompson, Anthony Wright, Stephen Garcia nor Phil Petty!! The fact of the matter is that the kid (Bently) is a year too far ahead of/for himself. My point being that it would have been more mutually beneficial had he redshirted his first year and now be a 2nd year starting sophmore. That simple fact has been ignored or forgotten amongst many of his critics.

I rest my case as it simply is what it is. In closing all I'm saying is that things would be one helluva a lot different and more beneficial for both parties had he not played a single down until last year as a redshirt freshman. If such were indeed tbe case, he'd be a lot more mature and fittingly aged and most likely a damned good QB in The SEC.

JMHOFWIW,

Peace 'n out,

G

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I hate to be that guy, but is it too much to ask that we spell our own players' names right? Like Jake Bentley and Connor Shaw?

Tater alert

Reactions: okccock
Tater alert
We had 7 freaking drops. Yes, 7 drops. Two bombs that were perfectly thrown to our best wr's and they dropped them. Those were drive killers!! How many points do you think that cost us? We had another receiver drop a 3rd and 18 right in his hands that would have been a first down, drive killer! That same receiver dropped a perfect pass when we were down 20-17 that would have been a huge gainer, drive killer!! That is 4 drives that were killed because of dropped passes. You want to bench the qb, then hold the wr's accountable as well.

Jake made a poor throw for the int on 1st drive but after that played well. Made couple of huge plays with his legs and as the announcers said, "at some point your wr's have to help the qb."

We fought hard, never gave up and that speaks about the character of this team. If you thought this program was going to turn around in 2-3 years in this conference you were sadly mistaken. We have added talent but still have a ways to go. I think the staff is working hard and doing a good job just have to continue adding talent.

Regroup and beat UT.

I hate to be that guy, but is it too much to ask that we spell our own players' names right? Like Jake Bentley and Connor Shaw?
Hey man, spellcheck on an Android can be a major PITA sometimes.

Just sayin' now.

Peace 'n out,

G

We had 7 freaking drops. Yes, 7 drops. Two bombs that were perfectly thrown to our best wr's and they dropped them. Those were drive killers!! How many points do you think that cost us? We had another receiver drop a 3rd and 18 right in his hands that would have been a first down, drive killer! That same receiver dropped a perfect pass when we were down 20-17 that would have been a huge gainer, drive killer!! That is 4 drives that were killed because of dropped passes. You want to bench the qb, then hold the wr's accountable as well.

Jake made a poor throw for the int on 1st drive but after that played well. Made couple of huge plays with his legs and as the announcers said, "at some point your wr's have to help the qb."

We fought hard, never gave up and that speaks about the character of this team. If you thought this program was going to turn around in 2-3 years in this conference you were sadly mistaken. We have added talent but still have a ways to go. I think the staff is working hard and doing a good job just have to continue adding talent.

Regroup and beat UT.

Jake INT, drive killer!!!!

Jake “made a poor throw on the first drive but after that played well”

Bentley stats at halftime 6-17, 46 yards and 1 INT.

While you’re busy slamming those WRs remember one of those beautiful TD passes was a jump ball where the WR made a play. The pass looked like a punt it stayed in the air so long.

Jakes best regular season win so far: Tennessee at home his FRESHMAN year. Change my mind.

“We fought hard and never gave up”. Sounds like words from a Sparky Woods or Brad Scott press conference. They kept score. We lost.

This staff did a good job in year one and year two. They are tripping over their ding dong in year 3. We should be better. We are getting worse. We were a preseason pick #2 in the SEC East. Instead we have just played like #2 in the toilet most of the season.

Reactions: robertfootball
Jake didn’t play great but he played well enough to win . That drop by Shi on 1st and 10 late cost us the game . It would have put us at mid field with 6 minute left . Instead we punt to TAMU and our defense was absolutely gassed . That drop was a killer . I’ve been very critical of this staff but I honestly can’t put it on Jake . If Deebo and Edwards are even dreaming about playing at the next level these are plays they gotta make . Spurrier would have them both on the bench . I think Jake played as inspired as I’ve ever seen him play in the 2nd half . In hindsight I think both Jake and Brandon should have been Redshirted . Easy to say that now , but in the long term it was probably what should have happened .

Reactions: okccock
TIFWIW, think the WRs read some of their press clippings.easier to say than do, but maybe run out the younger guys for the first series or 2, and see if that gets their attention.

Jakes specialty is playing like crap until we are way behind and then "battling" back like a trooper to get us back in the game he put us way out of to start with.
He's a battler!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT