ADVERTISEMENT

I will leave this here

It was mind numbingly stupid.

Coaches should implement a team rule. You don't release the football after you cross the goal line, until you hand it over to the ref, and not one nano second before.

Reactions: The Gadfly
Sadly the video board in the stadium never once showed the dropping the ball prior to the end zone. The reversal of the touchdown took the crowd by surprise. Why do we even bother to have the big video board?

Reactions: 92Pony
Albeit stupid, this isn’t the first time this has happened in college football. Which brings me to this…score and then turn and hand the ball to the official. I miss old school sports where the team was more important than trying to be seen.

Take a good, long look at this picture; it is so perfectly emblematic of the current state of our football team! Note the vacant, wide-eyed, uncomprehending stare, the dazed and confused look of utter futility. Of course it's not new; for the vast majority of our not-so-illustrious football tradition, it's been the rule, not the exception. Perhaps we could make a helmet decal of this, and use it instead off the current one; it certainly seems more fitting at the moment... besides, it's not like every other team in the SEC isn't laughing at our team already anyway.

I really can't blame the coaching staff; if we could bring back the ghosts of Bear Bryant, Knute Rockne and Vince Lombardi and have them coach this bunch, I expect the result would be the same; you can only do so much with college players who show the maturity of high school sophomores, and there's no way any coach can execute the plays for them. Incidentally, is ANYONE on this team playing well enough consistently to be woofing at, or taunting, anyone? I didn't think so.

It was mind numbingly stupid.

Coaches should implement a team rule. You don't release the football after you cross the goal line, until you hand it over to the ref, and not one nano second before.
True, but a coach shouldn't have to tell a college player that... at least, not normally. Oh well, this one should make the national lowlights as a contender for "the stupid play of the year award"!

This is worse than the ridiculous taunting penalty a player received last week. Probably the dumbest thing any player on any team has done this college football season. Coach Beamer has some players that require special coaching.

I watched a DB do the muscle flex thing after making a tackle. Troy was in the midst of a good drive. Our DB tackled a Troy RB after a 4 yard run on 1st down. WTF is he celebrating?

I watched a DB do the muscle flex thing after making a tackle. Troy was in the midst of a good drive. Our DB tackled a Troy RB after a 4 yard run on 1st down. WTF is he celebrating?
I worry we are building a foundation of celebrating mediocrity. There was a clip on Twitter last night of the postgame locker room and the team, with Beamer, was celebrating like they’d won the super bowl. An SEC team, should not be giddy after scoring 16 offensive points against Troy.

That trickles down to things like the play you mentioned.

I worry we are building a foundation of celebrating mediocrity. There was a clip on Twitter last night of the postgame locker room and the team, with Beamer, was celebrating like they’d won the super bowl. An SEC team, should not be giddy after scoring 16 offensive points against Troy.

Wouldn’t had been an issue if he had hand the ball to the ref. Guess that’s where this team is.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer

It always seems to rear its ugly head every game. Until they are actually playing winning football, they need to be humble, keep their heads down, take care of business, and STFU.

How does this end for this young man? Ask Dabo! lol

''After the play, I just told him, first of all, what a great play. What an awesome run. Tremendous,'' Swinney said. ''Now, secondly, you are going to be on SportsCenter for the rest of your life..." 🤣

Let them celebrate.

These kids need to learn how to win. Yes, they made several stupid mistakes yesterday, now Jahmar is going to see the memes circulating for a long time showing the look on his face. But IIRC, he hasn’t received much playing time. This one game, he contributed to a blocked punt, dropped an interception, and screwed up a TD by dropping the ball.

He’ll learn from this, the team will learn from this. If I was CSB I’d have him carry a football everywhere he goes the next couple of weeks, sunup until bedtime.

Biggest thing to me is despite the stupid mistakes, they still overcame them and won. We had Spurrier coached teams not be able to overcome adversity.

Look, I want them to win every game as bad as everyone here. I want a high scoring offense and a dominant defense a shot bad a shot everyone here.

Our issues were well known, and heavily discussed prior to the season. We returned no proven game breakers at WR. We lost a key cog at OL. We were weak at LB, worse after losing Greene. We essentially lost our whole DBackfield to the portal or the NFL. Our QB room was razor thin enough that we pulled a member of the coaching staff and made him a starter. Our current starter is still not 100%. Our best RB is still not 100% after back surgery, and apparently Covid. Our 5* RB still looks tentative after knee surgery.

We’re 3-2. Absolute best case scenario any fan could’ve come up with we’d at best be 4-1. We have fans wanting to fire the OC and OL coach, when they’re doing the best they can with what they have to work with.

CSB is trying to change a crappy, “every man for himself” culture, basically tearing everything down and building it back up, with a team that everyone knew had glaring deficiencies.

Some guys are stepping up. No one here can deny they thought Vann was a bust destined for the portal, Coach Stepp has turned him around into a likely mid draft pick. Brad Johnson was an afterthought his entire career here, now he’s playing better. Coach Gray has our DBackfield playing better than last years group of NFL draftees and “wannabe” draftees.

This isn’t an overnight rebuild. Some of you need to get a grip.

I completely disagree. Winning is fun. Winning pushes you to play and practice harder. It shows you improvement. A W is a W.

Gilmore is FULL OF SHIT! Stupidity has no RACE you dumb MFer. Kid might have cost them the game. Playing with emotion and playing STUPID aren’t the same.

In regards to Brown’s unfortunate tossing of the fumble recovery before crossing the goal line, he apologized. He ALSO helped block a punt, and he had a pick, that was inexplicably not allowed by that HORRIBLE officiating crew we had yesterday. He’s a good player for us. Live and learn young man...

I think the SEC NON-OFFICIALS crew we had yesterday was the same shitty crew we had at ECU. Embarrassing to play in the best football conference and have the worst overall officiating in the country!

They work hard. Let them celebrate every win they get. As far as the idiotic mistake that was made at the goal line, Head coach needs to let everyone on the team know that can never happen again. If that mistake is repeated by any player, you have no business being on the field playing this game.

His 15 seconds of fame unfortunately are related to one of the most bone-headed and embarrassing plays ever committed by a Gamecock football player. I hope he is proud. And, YES. I realize he apologized to the fans, but the fact remains, in a close game those 6 points will always be more important than his words.

What experience do you have building a successful program?

Wouldn’t had been an issue if he had hand the ball to the ref. Guess that’s where this team is.

The thing is it’s not an isolated incident. This team has shown a lack of discipline and lack of perspective all season long. Why is an SEC team taunting ECU? Why are we taunting UGA when they are handing us our butts? Why is an SEC team showboating against Troy?

It all just screams that there is no push for excellence.

Reactions: caughtlookin
FWIW, that player Tweeted that it was a dumb mistake and one he'll never make again.

A lot. You criticize the coaches quite incessantly. So im wondering what you know about building a successful program.
I don’t know jack squat about rockets but when I watched the Challenger explode, I knew something had gone wrong.

But are you able to tell me what went wrong?

Well, as football isn't rocket science, it doesn't take as much analysis. If you can't see that this team is lacking discipline, then I don't what to tell you. We are grossly undisciplined. That's not a talent issue.

Come on. If the coach went over and chewed his butt out on television, somebody would be calling him a racist and demanding his resignation and/or execution within 5 minutes. I guarantee you that he will get a private earful.
That didn't stop Dabo from doing it last night....he chewed his RBs butt out big time. The kid then went out and got a 59 yard TD run.

Well, as football isn't rocket science, it doesn't take as much analysis. If you can't see that this team is lacking discipline, then I don't what to tell you. We are grossly undisciplined. That's not a talent issue.
Where did I say we don’t have discipline issues?

Of this play Beamer said: "It seemed like the longest play in the history of college football."

I'm getting a little weary of his "aw shucks" Opie Taylor bit. The proper response when asked about this play: "Yeah, that was a dumb mistake. No excuse for that kind of mistake. We want our players to go out and have fun, but, yeah, just a really bad play there. We'll talk to him about it."
I wish you guys would not pick and choose a portion of a quote when trying to make a point. If you would of included the next three sentences that was in the response to the question, you would get the whole story. You might as well cherry pick the individual words he used and make your own sentences. The university would be better off if people like you didn't consider yourself a fan! Especially now that the world is all about social media and how easy it is to bad mouth something or someone. You're like the old pain in the ass cousin who bitches and complains even after we won back to back national championships in baseball. Just a miserable person in general to be around.

Of this play Beamer said: "It seemed like the longest play in the history of college football."

I'm getting a little weary of his "aw shucks" Opie Taylor bit. The proper response when asked about this play: "Yeah, that was a dumb mistake. No excuse for that kind of mistake. We want our players to go out and have fun, but, yeah, just a really bad play there. We'll talk to him about it."
Damn, you are so smart. I notice you know how to deal with everything.

I despise this kind of showboating. That tells me it’s all about him, not the team. And as to what others were saying about an ass chewing, can you imagine how Nick Savanna would deal with this?

This 1000x. I can't stand undisciplined nonsense like this. It's the perfect example of a player not putting the team first. It's all about self in these cases. Showboating and Trash Talk have no business on a team that's already struggling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT