ADVERTISEMENT

I would like see Colin Kaepernick come back to the NFL and play for....

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
The Patriots and prove us Law and Order lovers wrong...

update...

I found this after I posted this thread....

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2020/06/06/colin-kaepernick-patriots-robert-kraft

Kaepernick still owns the 24th-best passer rating in NFL history. He has a strong (if sometimes erratic) arm and he’s fleet of foot (he ran for 2,300 yards at a clip of 6.1 yards per attempt in his six seasons). I’d like to see what he could do in cahoots with Josh McDaniels in a limited role. He may not be a starter anymore, but there cannot be many better backups.

update...

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2020/06/06/colin-kaepernick-patriots-robert-kraft

Kaepernick still owns the 24th-best passer rating in NFL history. He has a strong (if sometimes erratic) arm and he’s fleet of foot (he ran for 2,300 yards at a clip of 6.1 yards per attempt in his six seasons). I’d like to see what he could do in cahoots with Josh McDaniels in a limited role. He may not be a starter anymore, but there cannot be many better backups.

How ironic to play for the Patriots. That's some poetic justice.

Kaepernick kneeling is bunch of crap, I watched it when it all started... Kaepernick was benched as a starter and sat on the bench during the National Anthem pouting about losing his starting job.. He sat on the bench a couple more times before he started kneeling when the camera was on him...

update...

He's not very good ... IMO. He had a good couple years but when defences started making him play in the pocket, he struggled...

I wonder which logo they will use on the helmets???

new_england_patriots_2000-pres.png

New+England+Patriots+Logo.jpg

patriots_pat_logo_1992.jpg

patriots_logo_1993-1999.gif

680643abf5ccca8310e074463b553ad7.jpeg

Reactions: cockofdawn
And most of us just want to watch any sports without politics. That prospect is gone with not only players but commercials reeducating us on how really bad we are.
Sports leagues and sports networks would be wise to avoid all politics and see fans flock to them. Otherwise, fans will avoid them because they want sports to be an escape from politics.

Colin Kaepernick had a good change to be on a team. Jay-Z set up a tryout with all the NFL teams. And at the last minute Colin decided to have the tryout at some high school with only a few NFL team to watch. He took a big sh____ on Jay-Z head. When Jay-Z set this whole thing up. He doesn't want to be on a team, he and his supporters just want to complain about not being on a team.

That’s debatable.

Not sure of what Stidham has done in high school, college or pros to make you say that. However, I'm speaking from what I have seen and not with the rhetoric of Kaepernick's sideline/off field actions (whether you agree or not). I suspect the political Kaepernick prevents folks from being objective.

Didn’t the NFL recently pay him millions and millions of dollars in a settlement to shut up and go away? Would they seriously rehire him? I could do without his anti—American antics

He was going to get 19 million to ride the bench on his last year of his contract...

Watch the game from the sidelines and they pay you to do that?? Where do I sign up for that kind of deal???

Reactions: cockofdawn
If he really believes in what he says, he would refuse any contract to play for the patriots.

That is funny. It reminds me of a fellow I used to work with who grew up near Due West, SC and went to Dixie High School. Another co-worker, when he found that out said, "yeah, I heard of ya'll, you were the Rebels, right?" I don't think he ever stopped getting reminded of that. Just, silly, no harm intended.

He is the one who told me about Promised Land, which he said had a reputation for being a rough neighborhood in Greenwood County. "They Promised that you could go there, but nobody Promised you could get back home again" was what they used to say about Promised Land.

I feel like the CK kneeling stuff is revisonist history. At the time when he first started kneeling his message was as clear as mud plus he made wild statmenets about how Castro was't that bad and how HIllary should be in jail.

He's made more money as an "activist" with his Nike deal and suit against the NFL that he ever would have made as a backup.

I have wanted an NFL team to invite him to camp for years. Give him an opportunity to show if he can play or not. If I were Kapernick, ESPN, and Nike, I would air a mock tryout during primetime and let the world see Kapernick in action. Why did he blow off an NFL-sponsored workout and put together a last minute session at a high school?

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

And most of us just want to watch any sports without politics. That prospect is gone with not only players but commercials reeducating us on how really bad we are.

I don’t mind the politics at all. I like to know where players stand. It makes things more interesting to me.
Heck, we learn everything else about them and that doesn’t seem to be an issue for people.

So knowing their politics and beliefs is fine.

I have wanted an NFL team to invite him to camp for years. Give him an opportunity to show if he can play or not. If I were Kapernick, ESPN, and Nike, I would air a mock tryout during primetime and let the world see Kapernick in action. Why did he blow off an NFL-sponsored workout and put together a last minute session at a high school?

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

I hope Minneapolis gives him a serious look.

Let him prove himself on the field. If he can play and the guys in the locker room support him, sign him. If not, move on.

I'm tired of the he-can-play/he-can't-play argument.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

I agree. That’s why I said I hope Minnesota gives him a chance. That’s all a player can ask for.

Reactions: SC 95
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT