ADVERTISEMENT

Ibrahim Famouke Doumbia Transferring.

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
We can’t keep athletic big guys on the team. He obviously wasn’t any good this year but he was probably only 2nd to Silva as far as athletic talent goes on the team. I would imagine Frank is ok with this move, it’s just strange how many leave or get kicked out after one year.

We can’t keep athletic big guys on the team. He obviously wasn’t any good this year but he was probably only 2nd to Silva as far as athletic talent goes on the team. I would imagine Frank is ok with this move, it’s just strange how many leave or get kicked out after one year.
Many top programs didn't want this guy.

If Coach FM cannot recruit, after 6 years, then we have a ceiling we cannot penetrate, no matter how good the coaching is.

An example of the good coaching is our game with Duke last year, which we really should not have won, based on talent alone. Great coaching and superb effort by our team!

Coach FM should hire a PR firm to interview unsuccessfully pursued elite athletes, to find out each factor that caused them to select another school. Then, Coach FM should work on that weakness in our recruiting profile, while maintaining his many strengths.

Anyone at any age, can become better if they have that desire.

If Coach FM cannot recruit, after 6 years, then we have a ceiling we cannot penetrate, no matter how good the coaching is.

An example of the good coaching is our game with Duke last year, which we really should not have won, based on talent alone. Great coaching and superb effort by our team!

Coach FM should hire a PR firm to interview unsuccessfully pursued elite athletes, to find out each factor that caused them to select another school. Then, Coach FM should work on that weakness in our recruiting profile, while maintaining his many strengths.

Anyone at any age, can become better if they have that desire.

I disagree with the comments about how we shouldn’t have won the duke game. We had 3 NBA players on that team. Sindarius, PJ, and Silva will most likely make a G League team at the least. We definitely had the talent to beat anyone.

Sigh........ My only hope is that Chuck Martin is some sort of recruiting magician. Things can only get better (recruiting) going forward, right?

My whisperers tell me he never adapted to the work ethic and competition. Supposedly AAU coach was calling regularly and even bitching about what number he had.

Doesn’t bother me...One bit. People leaving, weren’t willing to put in the effort to succeed. We don’t need this type of athlete. Coach Martin’s system works...He just needs to find the athletes willing to pay the appropriate price. Go Cocks!

Reactions: ansoncock
"He just needs to find the athletes willing to pay the appropriate price."

Coach FM and the Gamecocks are the greatest! IMHO, Coach FM needs to polish his salesmanship skills to impressionable 17 year olds. Opposition research would not hurt!

.......... Coach FM should hire a PR firm to interview unsuccessfully pursued elite athletes, to find out each factor that caused them to select another school. Then, Coach FM should work on that weakness in our recruiting profile, while maintaining his many strengths............

Hmmm, interesting idea. Maybe can extend this to all sports.

Regardless, this sounds like an initiative that the Athletic Department should handle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT