ADVERTISEMENT

I'd like to hear from you folks who gave me the business in 2014

I will never issue an apology because one of our coaches is failing and I was hoping he wouldn't. I know it thrills Rod but it doesn't me because I'm not one to delight in someone else hard times. I don't take pleasure in the shape of our team and use it as a weapon against the ones who try see things in a hopeful light. Nobody owes you anything Rod and some of us resent it when you gloat about something that was 50/50 from the start. You're negative about everything so sooner of later even you will be right.

The emperor lost his clothes his first season here when we went up to Chapel Hill and should have won all three games we played handily but managed to boot the ball around and lose the super regional. Chad got on the the wrong bus home that weekend and the rest, they say, is history. Maryland bent us over (at home) the next year, we fail to make the tournament the year after(!), get knocked out at home AGAIN last year after besting mighty Rhode Island and UNC-W. Yawn. This program (and I'm including Ray in this) deserves what we got. The bad news is that we currently suck. The good news is it's an easy fix. Your move Tanner.

Maybe this season can be used as a recruiting advantage.By telling recruits the most guaranteed way to be a for sure first round draft pick is to come here and win with this current staff.If players can overcome that near impossible challenge,they gonna be looking briliant on draft day

It obvious the team has quit on him and that's on him you can't blame the players. John Jones was a hitter when he got here now he's been coached down to nothing in a short period of time. It's as aggravating as a case of head lice but Tanner has to make a move before we hit the point of no return and it's staring us right in the face. Chad should do the right thing and now make Tanner have to do it.

The emperor lost his clothes his first season here when we went up to Chapel Hill and should have won all three games we played handily but managed to boot the ball around and lose the super regional. Chad got on the the wrong bus home that weekend and the rest, they say, is history. Maryland bent us over (at home) the next year, we fail to make the tournament the year after(!), get knocked out at home AGAIN last year after besting mighty Rhode Island and UNC-W. Yawn. This program (and I'm including Ray in this) deserves what we got. The bad news is that we currently suck. The good news is it's an easy fix. Your move Tanner.

co-sign

Rod, let me be the first to come out and say...
You're as F.O.S. as you've always been.

Now my memory isn't what it used to be but while I'm sure I never called you out for any comments like that, and don't recall whether or not you actually made them. But if you did, I have to admit you were right.
So enjoy, if it makes you feel any better.

He ruined John jones. He should have gone to Miami. He was originally committed to them.

Chad has done to the baseball program what SOS did to the football program, run it in the ground and Ray sat and watched them both happen,

There was no way Ray could have prevented the Spurrier fiasco...SOS went from 11-2 to 3-9 so fast it made my head spin...Many of us knew SOS had stopped recruiting...But there was no way to pull a quick fire on Spurrier...Many of realized that under the circumstances giving Holbrook a shot was the right thing at the time...Chad has obviously failed...But hindsight is 20/20...Now lets see if Tanner has the wisdom to correct the situation quickly...Staff changes will not fix these issues...The biggest issue is Chad Holbrooks ineptitude...This a watershed moment for Tanner...Let's at least see what he does before we castigate him

There was no way Ray could have prevented the Spurrier fiasco...SOS went from 11-2 to 3-9 so fast it made my head spin...Many of us knew SOS had stopped recruiting...But there was no way to pull a quick fire on Spurrier...Many of realized that under the circumstances giving Holbrook a shot was the right thing at the time...Chad has obviously failed...But hindsight is 20/20...Now lets see if Tanner has the wisdom to correct the situation quickly...Staff changes will not fix these issues...The biggest issue is Chad Holbrooks ineptitude...This a watershed moment for Tanner...Let's at least see what he does before we castigate him
Yep that will tell alot about Tanner on how he handles this situation with his buddy.

Concur except for staff changes. Now if CH is not able to succeed with his hand picked assistants then your point is spot on.

Concur except for staff changes. Now if CH is not able to succeed with his hand picked assistants then your point is spot on.

that's very fair and rational..but i am convinced the biggest issue is Holbrook himself...not only does this team not play sound fundamental ball, they play uninspired ball when it counts the most..that's a reflection on the HBC himself...no need to waste time...go ahead and clean house

Reactions: rogue cock
Shaking my head and laughing to myself at this dumb thread.
You're proud of yourself for being lucky in your guess about our baseball program going downhill?
And, in addition to that, you want people to own up to the fact that they disagreed with your guess?
Come on, man, you're better than this. Good grief.

Reactions: pepsicock
After mighty Maryland stomped our butts in our home regional & I was telling everyone that would listen that Holbrook would be our version of Smoke Laval.

You may begin with your apologies.

I don't recall that but i am sure you were berating our coaches or players about something. Ergo, you probably did state this, and you were probably closer to being correct than usual.

How's that?

Is this just about baseball. .? You whined like a baby about us losing to the Taters in basketball. Would you rather of us beat them, or have gone to the final four..?

Rod if I knew how to post a video here, I'd do it with Dangerfield pulling on his tie and complaining about getting no respect.

200.gif

Is this just about baseball. .? You whined like a baby about us losing to the Taters in basketball. Would you rather of us beat them, or have gone to the final four..?

How would beating them have prevented us from going to The Final 4?

Both. That was an inexcusable loss. Our whole athletic dept., fan base, alumni, etc. needed that win. "Athletic Department Policy."

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT