ADVERTISEMENT

If by some kind of luck Muschamp ends up winning 7, 8 or 9 games this year

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
Tanner should be fired for having thoughts of giving Muschamp an extension.... I would like to see a couple of winning seasons from Muschamp before thinking of giving him an extension... And if some sucker, I mean, some other school wants to hire him, then so be it... We'll just have to take that chance....

Hearing from some of these players and coaches, they have me convinced that we could have a very good season....

Reactions: Holy City Cock
With the talent on defense and hopefully Bobo gives us a competent offense
It’s definitely possible

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Ha ha. I’m with you. Gotta love the ole faithful optimism with the start of a new season. Hope we get a few weeks before it goes Boom

Tanner should be fired for having thoughts of giving Muschamp an extension.... I would like to see a couple of winning seasons from Muschamp before thinking of giving him an extension... And if some sucker, I mean, some other school wants to hire him, then so be it... We'll just have to take that chance....

Hearing from some of these players and coaches, they have me convinced that we could have a very good season....
I'm confused, you are optimistic about this season and state even if we win 9 games, we should allow Muschamp to leave if another school wants him? You realize 9 wins means we are playing for the SEC championship game, and possible college football playoffs. But lets not keep the guy who got is here? So 4-8 is that much more important than 9-1?

I'm confused, you are optimistic about this season and state even if we win 9 games, we should allow Muschamp to leave if another school wants him? You realize 9 wins means we are playing for the SEC championship game, and possible college football playoffs. But lets not keep the guy who got is here? So 4-8 is that much more important than 9-1?

I'm always pulling for Carolina to do GREAT! I'am always optimistic every year... I just don't want to give Muschamp a contract extension if he has a great season... I want to see at least two years in a row with Muschamp before giving him an extension...

I don't want to give Muschamp a 5 year extension for one good year and if some school hire him away from us, wouldn't hurt my feelings.... We can get a better coach...

Reactions: Brace1
I'm always pulling for Carolina to do GREAT! I'am always optimistic every year... I just don't want to give Muschamp a contract extension if he has a great season... I want to see at least two years in a row with Muschamp before giving him an extension...

I don't want to give Muschamp a 5 year extension for one good year and if some school hire him away from us, wouldn't hurt my feelings.... We can get a better coach...
Who?

Reactions: 01fatboy
No way we get by UT and UF in the first two games. UT has their entire offensive line returning, plus other good players from last year. We just don't have the team to win more than four games, if that much.
Totally disagree. But it’s why we all have our own opinions for sure

If we finish in the Top 15 in the nation, give him an extension. If he finishes in the Top 20, it's a coin toss.

Reactions: DrMickey
It’s hard to predict how any team will be this year. It’s going to be week to week. What happens if say 10-15 starters get Covid for Georgia just before we play them and they field a second string. We then beat them. I would say yeah we won but......same thing goes the other way if SC loses 10-15 starters and we lose to Vandy. This season is just going to be strange

I made a case for us being above 500 already, 6 or 7 is worth dreaming. I am used to having my heart ripped out, but Covid will save me from seeing it in person this year, but to think anything is off the table at this point, allows us some wiggle room to do some things folk think we can't

The thing about this year is I am not going to be surprised who wins any game. It could come down to who was able to keep their team best protected and in a bubble.
Based on the latest covid school rankings, we've got our work cut out for us.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
NO!! He won 9 games 100 years ago and what has he done for us since then???
My reasoning is that his 9-win team did not finish in the Top 25. He has only had ONE nationally-ranked team as a Head Coach, at Florida. His 9-win team here was not deemed good enough to be ranked. But, if the pollsters put us in the Top 15 at the end of the season, we will have definitely overachieved. And I will credit that to Muschamp FINALLY having hired some good assistants. If he finishes in the Top 15 and is not extended,that will be a poor message to recruits and could hamper recruiting a lot. If he finishes in the Top 15 (due to having finally hired some good assistants), then, by golly, he has potential. I'd take the chance, and, I say that as a non-Muschamp fan who would not mind seeing him leave because we can do better. I know that probably sounds inconsistent but, so be it.

I agree - no extension this year (unless we are in the playoffs). I also can see where there are 6 winnable games. I think we have some good talent, some good new coaches, a solid D, and the new bronze gamecock!

I am usually all optimist. However, I am concerned that we have not named the starting QB, RB, WR’s, one offensive lineman, and no safety yet.

It’s hard to predict how any team will be this year. It’s going to be week to week. What happens if say 10-15 starters get Covid for Georgia just before we play them and they field a second string. We then beat them. I would say yeah we won but......same thing goes the other way if SC loses 10-15 starters and we lose to Vandy. This season is just going to be strange

Did the SEC ever come out with criteria for playing a game, like the Big 12 did? Example, each team has to have so many players available, etc., etc.

Did the SEC ever come out with criteria for playing a game, like the Big 12 did? Example, each team has to have so many players available, etc., etc.
Have not seen it yet. That was interesting, playing with 53 players perhaps. That is why this season won't mean much in the end, but play on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT