ADVERTISEMENT

If I'm in Shawn Elliott's shoes this week....

Rooster Louie

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
I'm in Tanner's and / or Pastides office finding out what all of my "stops" and options are as interim head coach. If they give me free reign to run this team:
I'm making a statement in front of them, but behind the scenes for NOW.

My first move is telling them I'll work for as little as $1 million, with HUGE incentives.
Guaranteed money is not my motivator.

My next move is calling Kirby Smart, (offering him $2 million per year for a 4 year contract, with huge incentive bonuses) and asking him if he would come in next year as my new ass't head coach and Defensive Coordinator (with a consulting emphasis on tutoring and consulting my new Recruiting Coordinator and "social media room staff supervisor" to be).

Yes Gamecocks....I said Kirby Smart. Time is of the essence. I'm making a statement. A SPLASH statement. The worst Kirby Smart can say is no.

----

If Smart says no.....my next move is calling my remaining list of college defensive coordinator candidates, who are PROVEN recruiters.

Whoever I hire, (along with his choice of DL coach, LB coach, and DB coach) will be my proposed staff next year.
Note: If the new DC to be desires to keep Kirk Botkin, so be it. That's the only defensive coach I'd allow him to keep on the staff next year.

----

My next move is calling Chad Morris and asking if he'd come in as my OC, for $2 million per year, with huge incentive performance bonuses.

My next move is suggesting SOSJr and Everette Sands get their resume's tuned up after this season.

Then, I'm telling GA Mangus, he's under a microscope for these next 5 games, in terms of progress in our offense, QB play, and how he works under my new leadership. If it all works out for the good, he'll be highly recommended to be retained by the new OC. Bottom Line: G.A. is given a chance to work to keep his job.

If Chad Morris says no, I'm calling my preferred list until I find my OC.

----
I'm informing Joe Robinson, I'm retaining him as my Special Teams Coordinator.

----
I'm calling my list of Strength and Conditioning candidates and securing a commitment.
----

My next move is presenting my "new staff" to Tanner and Pastides.
----

Again, TIME is of the essence. Status Quo is a big no, no. And, performance incentives based on results are my motivator, not a huge guaranteed salary.

Tanner, Pastides, and The Board, would know I plan to be more than an interim. That I have a vision and plan in place. And, I want a shot, with my vision and coaching commitments in mind.

----

What other chance does Shawn Elliott have at landing this gig? Not much.
He said it......we're coming out swinging.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News