ADVERTISEMENT

If it’s not about talent?

Burninlove

Mar 28, 2013
How many of our players in the past 3 years are in the NFL or have been drafted?
Deebo? Maybe
Bailey?probably

Who would actually think you can win without talent I don't recall that discussion.
People on the board saying we have the talent, but coaching is the problem. Coaches need to teach how to tackle. Blah blah. I learned how to tackle back when I played at 7 years old and still remember. Our receivers are talented but seem to drop every other ball.

It's a combination of both. Never just one or the other although a lot of Jadeveon Clowney's will trump coaching. But not a lot of teams are going to get a team full of Clowney's, certainly not SC.

So with SC, they need a strong combination of both. You need good recruiting that brings talent. But that is only half the equation... maybe 2/3rds... maybe. The fact is that SC has lost to teams where, believe it or not, SC was the MORE talented of the two teams. Not teams like Georgia or Clemson, but what about the talent at Virginia? You think Virginia has more talent than SC? Bronco Mendenhall is a hell of a football coach and he certainly out-coached Muschamp on Saturday.

It's a combination of both. Never just one or the other although a lot of Jadeveon Clowney's will trump coaching. But not a lot of teams are going to get a team full of Clowney's, certainly not SC.

So with SC, they need a strong combination of both. You need talent and good recruiting. But that isn't the only answer. The fact is that SC actually has lost to teams where, believe it or not, SC was the MORE talented of the two teams. Not teams like Georgia or Clemson, but what about the talent at Virginia? You think Virginia has more talent than SC? Bronco Mendenhall is a hell of a football coach and he certainly out-coached Muschamp on Saturday.
I agree. Did you happen to see Bama Oklahoma game, when Bama had a true freshman CB and Oklahoma continued to use the miss match and the reciever caught a bunch of passes at the CB’s expense? No that coaching. We have a couple of good players but our weaknesses were glaring and abused.

People on the board saying we have the talent, but coaching is the problem. Coaches need to teach how to tackle. Blah blah. I learned how to tackle back when I played at 7 years old and still remember. Our receivers are talented but seem to drop every other ball.
That's because you were tacking other 7 years olds they don't move that well....lol. I think we do have some talent but need more talent I do believe that dropping passes and missing tackles is a lack of focus and discipline in many cases. I remember Jim Carlin said when his teams played this way it was a lack of discipline and he would fix it.

A lot of it is about development. You can have all the talent in the world (FSU) and be a garbage team.

Reactions: rogue cock
It’s a little bit of both . The last two years you can make the talent argument . Not this year . You have the most experienced QB in the conference , two All SEC caliber WR , experienced offensive line and a lot of experience on Defense . Sorry . Not buying it . Those who jump on the injury excuse bus must have not watched the UGA , Mizzou or Ole Miss games . This defense was awful from opening kickoff of the season . Injuries happen to every team and this can be attributed to coaching as well . Your players are not well conditioned or not developed enough to go head to head with other SEC quality players without getting hurt or they are just plain soft . News flash ... Muschamp had a history of injury ridden seasons at UF . Hmmm .. wonder why . Every game this year I see our guys down on the field constantly but very few on the other side . Why ?? Is it just bad luck ?? Doubt it . I Would venture to say that next year we will be less talented than this year , especially on offense . That’s a problem going into year 4 .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT