ADVERTISEMENT

If Marcus Lattimore wants the job, he

Justin Miller

Nov 10, 2010
should be our next rbs coach.... Whoever comes in, should make that happen... He gave so much to this university... It could be a stepping stone to a bigger role and then maybe one day he could be the head coach of South Carolina... Just think it would be awesome to have him on the staff.

Last year he was the guest speaker at the local FCA banquet here in town. He said he was not interested in coaching, for now at least.

I dunno, being a good player doesn't necessarily equate to being a good coach. I think the most important thing he can do is just BE THERE, be visible on the sidelines, and be visible to recruits. Big schools like Alabama and LSU do that all the time, and I think it would be a huge boon to us as well.

I also think a really good thing he could be doing, both for us and for the game, would be to mentor guys who have suffered serious injuries, especially knee injuries, while they're in recovery. I think a nationwide network of guys who have been there and could commit to this could do a lot of good.

should be our next rbs coach.... Whoever comes in, should make that happen... He gave so much to this university... It could be a stepping stone to a bigger role and then maybe one day he could be the head coach of South Carolina... Just think it would be awesome to have him on the staff.

Oh, how brilliant. Let's fill our staff with coaches with no major recruiting clout. We'll be back to the Sparky/Scott days sooner than you could ever imagine. College coaching is 90% recruiting. X's and O's aren't nearly what you think they are. Get the studs, and you can run whatever the hell you want to scheme-wise. Lattimore is a great person, but he needs to work his way up in the coaching ranks and become a seasoned recruiter before thinking of working a major SEC university. Ambassador to our school is a great position for him right now.

For now, Marcus is in the perfect position to help our program, an embassator/mentor type role.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT