ADVERTISEMENT

If somehow Chad is still around after this season, then I do think

THIS IS SAD THAT SOUTH CAROLINA CAN NOT WIN A SERIES. (IT IS EMBARRASSING)
ALL THE TALENT. PITIFUL. IT IS DEFINITELY EMBARRASSING. TANNER NEEDS TO LOOK SERIOUSLY AT THE CAUSE. NO EXCUSE FOR THE TEAM. Demoralizing.

Reactions: umdterpcock
Sure we do. Gosh, losing our ace hurt and our closer in Johnson for almost 40 days. I have confidence in chad, but he understands our expectations and knows what we expect in 2018. Sound about right.

I don't recall winning before all that happened. Did I miss something?
I'm saying this will be Tanners excuse to give Chad another year. Johnson was injured during 5 conference series we gave away in the 8th and 9th. I think he should be fired, but would bet my house Tanner gives him 1 more year unfortunately.

Reactions: jbouton
Hell, we've given up late leads in the last 3 series with the ball in Johnson's hand. Can't make that argument, he blows saves just like the rest of the bullpen.

Reactions: jbouton
I'm saying this will be Tanners excuse to give Chad another year. Johnson was injured during 5 conference series we gave away in the 8th and 9th. I think he should be fired, but would bet my house Tanner gives him 1 more year unfortunately.
I don't. There are problems much deeper than the pitching staff not to mention the fan apathy.

THIS IS SAD THAT SOUTH CAROLINA CAN NOT WIN A SERIES. (IT IS EMBARRASSING)
ALL THE TALENT. PITIFUL. IT IS DEFINITELY EMBARRASSING. TANNER NEEDS TO LOOK SERIOUSLY AT THE CAUSE. NO EXCUSE FOR THE TEAM. Demoralizing.
Maybe talent is part of the problem!

What part of "nothing will happen until the season ends" don't people understand? Yep, this year is bad for baseball, and yes, no matter what (injuries to Schmidt, Johson, Hopkins and Cullen being banged up all year), it all falls on the head coach. What is disappointing to me is how many games the bullben has blown when the team has had leads in the 8th or 9th inning. If it happens once in a while, you can live with it, but I believe the graphic they showed on TV yesterday, it's been about 8 or 9 times that has happened. At some point, you also have to point to players just not getting it done. Not to point fingers at particular kids, and yes, this team just can't hit and needs to score more runs, but when you go to your set up guy and your closer 2 days in a rown, and they both fail you, I have to put that on the players for not executing.

Plenty of blame to spread around (Coaches AND players).

It will be interesting because if Chad goes, then that affects the entire recruiting class for next year. So depending on what happens, perhaps Chad stays and changes are made within? Tanner and Holbrook will surely meet when the season is over, and we'll just have to wait til then. For those doubting Tanner... the rest of the department is in incredibly good shape IMO. Football on the rise. Both basketball programs in a good spot. Women's soccer was SEC champs and made Elite 8 twice in 3 years, men's soccer made NCAAs, both tennis teams in NCAAs (women headed to Sweet 16), both golfs in NCAAs (Men still playing, women won NCAA regional again!), beach vb made NCAA championships, softball in NCAAs for 5th straight year etc.... lots of good stuff happening. Go Gamecocks!

Another dumb post . Baseball is not the only sport at USC
If you do not care about baseball, don't post on baseball threads. Focus on whether we will be in the middle or the lower tier in their football tier.
SC has never won a football championship or even an SEC. But they did win 2 in baseball and for years were highly respected and ranked. And it bothers those of us who care to see what has happened.

I hope if Tanner does the foolish thing & decides to retain Holbroke, the outcry & back lash will be so great that a sink hole opens & swallows up Founders Park. No point in even playing if that buffoon is retained to lead what was once our athletic department's pride & joy.

If Tanner doesn't step aside, he needs to be fired. If Pastides does't fire Tanner, then Pastides needs to be fired. If Pastides isn't fired, the Board of Trustees needs to be fired. If the Board of Trustees aren't fired, the govenor needs to be impeached, the state education superintendent needs to be fired, the 16 judicial circuits need to be abolished and My Carolina Alumni Association needs to disband. If those people aren't fired/removed, every citizen in the state needs to be fired.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
If Tanner doesn't step aside, he needs to be fired. If Pastides does't fire Tanner, then Pastides needs to be fired. If Pastides isn't fired, the Board of Trustees needs to be fired. If the Board of Trustees aren't fired, the govenor needs to be impeached, the state education superintendent needs to be fired, the 16 judicial circuits need to be abolished and My Carolina Alumni Association needs to disband. If those people aren't fired/removed, every citizen in the state needs to be fired.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Our at least every state employee, right?

I don't know you, but I wish I did.

What part of "nothing will happen until the season ends" don't people understand? Yep, this year is bad for baseball, and yes, no matter what (injuries to Schmidt, Johson, Hopkins and Cullen being banged up all year), it all falls on the head coach. What is disappointing to me is how many games the bullben has blown when the team has had leads in the 8th or 9th inning. If it happens once in a while, you can live with it, but I believe the graphic they showed on TV yesterday, it's been about 8 or 9 times that has happened. At some point, you also have to point to players just not getting it done. Not to point fingers at particular kids, and yes, this team just can't hit and needs to score more runs, but when you go to your set up guy and your closer 2 days in a rown, and they both fail you, I have to put that on the players for not executing.

Plenty of blame to spread around (Coaches AND players).

It will be interesting because if Chad goes, then that affects the entire recruiting class for next year. So depending on what happens, perhaps Chad stays and changes are made within? Tanner and Holbrook will surely meet when the season is over, and we'll just have to wait til then. For those doubting Tanner... the rest of the department is in incredibly good shape IMO. Football on the rise. Both basketball programs in a good spot. Women's soccer was SEC champs and made Elite 8 twice in 3 years, men's soccer made NCAAs, both tennis teams in NCAAs (women headed to Sweet 16), both golfs in NCAAs (Men still playing, women won NCAA regional again!), beach vb made NCAA championships, softball in NCAAs for 5th straight year etc.... lots of good stuff happening. Go Gamecocks!
I am all for JM being relieved. Time for a change.

For those doubting Tanner... the rest of the department is in incredibly good shape IMO. Football on the rise. Both basketball programs in a good spot. Women's soccer was SEC champs and made Elite 8 twice in 3 years, men's soccer made NCAAs, both tennis teams in NCAAs (women headed to Sweet 16), both golfs in NCAAs (Men still playing, women won NCAA regional again!), beach vb made NCAA championships, softball in NCAAs for 5th straight year etc.... lots of good stuff happening. Go Gamecocks!
Cue a comment from @Rod Dangerfield in 3...2...1...

Another dumb post . Baseball is not the only sport at USC

No it isn't. But, baseball has always been the Crown Jewel of our entire sports programs. As in, how many national championships do we have in other sports? Yes, WBB thank goodness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT