ADVERTISEMENT

If South Carolina hired an exact replica of Swinney

The taters don’t laugh at him. They’re all in, and see him as a combo of Vince Lombardi/ Don Shula/ Chuck Noll/Tom Landry/ Knute Rockne/ Bear Bryant, and they think he can neither say nor do anything wrong 🤣. I personally think he’s an assclown, and my blood pressure goes up every time I se him on tv. It pains me to say, but somehow he’s created a winning program at pickens tech😡

My buddy asked something like this the other night but it was actually Dabo he asked about.. Let’s word it this way: if we could somehow steak Dabo from cu and simultabeously kneecap them
launching our program to championships, would you be ok with Dabo as our coach?

I gave it a big Hell yeah!
None of my other friends were on board.

My buddy asked something like this the other night but it was actually Dabo he asked about.. Let’s word it this way: if we could somehow steak Dabo from cu and simultabeously kneecap them

None of my other friends were onboard.
People are going to steadfastly say no but when winning is abundant I think the other stuff will be forgotten.

None of my other friends were on board.
They definitely caught lightning in a bottle, I just don’t like the guy.

Reactions: DrMickey
Could I learn to root for the Gamecocks if we had a coach like PJ Fleck or Dabo? Of course. I think I would be embarrassed, but as long as they aren't something unethical, I'd be ok with it.

As much as I think Clemson got lucky in finding a multi-championship-winning head coach deep down in their assistant coaching staff, I also think Dabo got lucky in finding the absolutely perfect school for his personality. Honestly, I'm not sure Dabo's BS would work at most schools and I seriously doubt it would work at Carolina. But it works perfectly for creating an "all in" atmosphere at Clemson. Joe Pa's style worked at Penn State. Tom Osborne's worked at Nebraska. Papa Bowden's worked at FSU. Clemson was made for Dabo Swinney.

As much as I think Clemson got lucky in finding a multi-championship-winning head coach deep down in their assistant coaching staff, I also think Dabo got lucky in finding the absolutely perfect school for his personality. Honestly, I'm not sure Dabo's BS would work at most schools and I seriously doubt it would work at Carolina. But it works perfectly for creating an "all in" atmosphere at Clemson. Joe Pa's style worked at Penn State. Tom Osborne's worked at Nebraska. Papa Bowden's worked at FSU. Clemson was made for Dabo Swinney.
Great analogy!

I hate Dabo with every fiber of my being. No exaggeration. I know a lot of people say "oh it's just sports, I don't hate anyone" but I do. For real. But I would take a literal human piece of shit as head coach if they could win it all.

Do we have to get beat by WVU 73-30?
clemsonLOL_crop_exact.jpg

Actually it was 70-33. Which still is a loss by 37 points but not 50. Maybe it was the 70 point threshold that sprung the SOB's and the rest is history. Not sure. Maybe we need 3/4 of a hundred hanged on us to wake up the druids in the towers....

Reactions: rickbryan
Yep. Carolina needs to “find our Dabo”. As much as I want to 🤮 saying that... there is some truth there. Doesn’t men it has to be a personality like his, we need to find what works well HERE. Maybe we can luck out and do that this time around.

Given what we've been through since 2015 and what we're probably going to have to endure the next 5 years based on how this current coaching search is going, I'm willing to forgive almost anything to finally win again.

Given what we've been through since 2015 and what we're probably going to have to endure the next 5 years based on how this current coaching search is going, I'm willing to forgive almost anything to finally win again.
What do you interpret as so negative about this coaching search so far?

Do we have to get beat by WVU 73-30?
Actually, yes you do. Dabo established what he wanted on offense and didn't waiver from it. "It won't work against good defenses.... it won't work in the SEC..." But he stuck to it and made it a fun offense that players wanted to come play in. They got good on offense but the defense lagged. Remember people giving them hell for running it up against scrubs? So what, that's what you do. How do you expect to do it against good teams if you can't do it against the lesser guys? Once established, the offense was effective and exciting. It made great defensive players want to come get in on the action.
But we'll hold on to Bobo and he'll run Hill out there to just get by and get bowl eligible and, you know, we'll put all that stuff in down the road when we get our players in after seeing us keep it close in the Belk Bowl.

What do you interpret as so negative about this coaching search so far?
It seems like we are hellbent on hiring Beamer, while trying to fend off Monken, while trying to be holier than thou and ignoring Freeze.

I hope I'm wrong and Ray will will finally make a good hire. But I'm a little jaded.

It seems like we are hellbent on hiring Beamer, while trying to fend off Monken, while trying to be holier than thou and ignoring Freeze.

I hope I'm wrong and Ray will will finally make a good hire. But I'm a little jaded.
Sounds like it- just posted an update from Josh Kendall- says we have been in contact with Freeze among others, if that makes you feel better. I think it is early and this process will be going for weeks. At this point it looks like they legitimately do not know who they will hire. Beamer certainly IS a candidate but even those of us who like the idea of him know that is a long shot.

I am still calling Napier- makes too much sense! Knows the area, knows the rivalry, people say he has no love for Dabo, successful coach, offensive mind, young, high character guy, great recruiter... Man it just feels like the perfect fit!

Reactions: carolinamike79
Sounds like it- just posted an update from Josh Kendall- says we have been in contact with Freeze among others, if that makes you feel better. I think it is early and this process will be going for weeks. At this point it looks like they legitimately do not know who they will hire. Beamer certainly IS a candidate but even those of us who like the idea of him know that is a long shot.

I am still calling Napier- makes too much sense! Knows the area, knows the rivalry, people say he has no love for Dabo, successful coach, offensive mind, young, high character guy, great recruiter... Man it just feels like the perfect fit!
I had thought it would be Napier for all the reasons you listed. I wouldn't have minded getting that home run hire, but suffered under no delusions.

After reading all the updates and seeing so many fans go in the tank for Beamer asked in the flimsiest of reasons, I'm quickly losing hope.

So at this point, BRING ON NAPIER!!! PLEASE!!!

I had thought it would be Napier for all the reasons you listed. I wouldn't have minded getting that home run hire, but suffered under no delusions.

After reading all the updates and seeing so many fans go in the tank for Beamer asked in the flimsiest of reasons, I'm quickly losing hope.

I just feel like he's a set up. Like he's pretending to be interested. It's the Clemson way. I still remember when Brad Scott pretended to want a position with Spurrier and then he and Clemson lied and said Scott turned Spurrier down.

I want Napier because I think he's the only one they are really even considering besides Beamer. I fully believe Tanner is scared to get turned down again and won't seek another high profile candidate because of it.

The fact he is even allowed to be AD after hiring Muschamp is an absolute joke.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

😂😂
Well I am sure you are aware I am one of the main ones who feels the Beamer interest is warranted- BUT from day 1 I have been a fan of Napier.. I was interested in him weeks before we fired Muschamp and the more I learn the more I like the idea of it. Fortunately for us all, I am not the one who has to make the pick. Tanner and Caslen will be doing that. Tanner has had virtually no success with hires thus far... Maybe he is “due”??

The taters don’t laugh at him. They’re all in, and see him as a combo of Vince Lombardi/ Don Shula/ Chuck Noll/Tom Landry/ Knute Rockne/ Bear Bryant, and they think he can neither say nor do anything wrong 🤣. I personally think he’s an assclown, and my blood pressure goes up every time I se him on tv. It pains me to say, but somehow he’s created a winning program at pickens tech😡
He’s not an assclown, He knows what he’s doing.

Reactions: Zann77
I think so. I could handle laughing at my own (team’s) coach - make fun of him even - and still really enjoy winning.
That’s all we ever do. Let’s laugh with him. Make fun with him, if even of him, And enjoy keeping him enthused in our program.

😂😂
Well I am sure you are aware I am one of the main ones who feels the Beamer interest is warranted- BUT from day 1 I have been a fan of Napier.. I was interested in him weeks before we fired Muschamp and the more I learn the more I like the idea of it. Fortunately for us all, I am not the one who has to make the pick. Tanner and Caslen will be doing that. Tanner has had virtually no success with hires thus far... Maybe he is “due”??
This is what has me worried.

This is what has me worried.
I am too... Most of us probably are. Caslen may have been a somewhat controversial hire but he has experience hiring a successful FB coach. Maybe his input will help.. I find it hard to really blame Tanner for the Holbrook hire. That was the only move to make- best candidate, provided continuity... Still cannot believe it was such a disaster! I blame him for Muschamp... It felt like we all gasped in horror when he announced it and he had this look of shock that everyone was not excited!?? I did my best to get behind Muschamp and support the team because... I am a fan, but man I was PISSSEDD when we hired him!

Reactions: Legendary Cock
This is a great picture.
I have a similar picture....long time childhood friend.....huge Clemson family. They had the wedding reception IN Clemson...total CLemson wedding... even the G D Tiger mascot made an appearance.
Later in the eveneing they had risers brought in for a special picture with all Clemson Alums....because there so many (at least 60-70), and it was some special gift the bride had arranged.
I was over-served.....and guess who snuck right in the middle of that picture on the back row with a huge ass smile on his face with his arms around a couple of CU alums that I didn't know? I was literally the turd in the punch bowl when that picture was processed. I'm convinced my buddy's wife secretly hates me to this day because of it. I'm still proud.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
Be honest. How many fans here hated Spurrier when he was at FL, but loved him when he came here?
I happened to be.....but my circumstances were unusual. I was obsessed with his offense, and learned a lot about it when he was at Duke. I wasn't happy he was at Florida....but "I got him" when he was at UF. Like many at SC came to understand....he didn't take football too seriously on the surface with the media as a protection....and of course behind the scenes had high expectations/demands and cut throat competition for his players. A great balance....but I didn't think he was a total A -hole like the rest of the country did while he was at UF.

I don't think if Swinney himself came here now or 8 years ago he could replicate the success he's had at Clemson. No matter what anyone here or there says....it's obviously a harder road, with way more pot holes and potential for failure.
You can't back your way into an SEC East championship...like you can a sub-division championship, overall ACC championship....and I would argue at least one year a Playoff spot and NC (Bama WAS in a rebuild year with a true freshman QB.......it is Bama, but would CU rather have Lawrence or Ukelele playing in the NC game this year if they made it?)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT