ADVERTISEMENT

If South Carolina wins six games, Darius Rucker will play concert at school

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
I know it's old news, but I didn't see anyone posting this....

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ius-rucker-will-play-concert-at-school-081616

Will Muschamp faces a task in rebuilding South Carolina football to the levels it reached under Steve Spurrier.

After three straight 11-2 seasons, the Gamecocks fell to 7-6 in 2014 and plummeted to 3-9 last year in a season that saw the Ol' Ball Coach exit during the campaign.

Now, if Muschamp didn't have enough pressure riding on turning things around in Columbia, a campus concert rides on the team's success.

Darius Rucker, is a USC alumni and the musician best known as lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish, is up for a show ... under a specific condition.

Rucker and USC president Harris Pastides took to Twitter and came to an agreement: Six wins and Rucker will play a concert on the "horseshoe" on campus.

I know he means well. I know that six wins would probably be a decent year for us....would show that we are respectable. However I just don't think it is something worth celebrating. It's kind of embarrassing. Let's have a concert if we beat Clemson or win the East.

The team isn't going to go into ANY game thinking "We gotta win or Darius ain't coming". This isn't pressure on Boom or the team or Rucker and anybody else it's just talk. Personally, I believe the team will win more than 6 games so if we can win say,. 9 games, we can get ABBA to reunite at the horseshoe right? Boom ain't thinking about anything but tomorrows practice.

This is absolutely embarrassing. Settling for this is the message being sent. Thought there was a culture change. Appears to be the same old attitude in the administration. Mediocrity is the goal, yay. We play against national title contenders and we.....shoot for 6 wins and celebrate it.

Reactions: BOOMbus1471
This is absolutely embarrassing. Settling for this is the message being sent. Thought there was a culture change. Appears to be the same old attitude in the administration. Mediocrity is the goal, yay. We play against national title contenders and we.....shoot for 6 wins and celebrate it.

Y'all looking at it all wrong. We start out 6-0. And concert begins right after we beat Georgia.

Reactions: SwampFox99
Lol yeah....and we wonder why we don't have sustained success. The attitude says it all.

We don't have sustained success cuz the coaches got lazy. Don't have a thing to do with fans attitudes. If it did we would never win with the attitudes these days.

OMG.. I have seen everything now on this board. A huge gamecock fan wants to do something nice for the team he loves and some of you find a way to fault it. Some of you guys do not just happen to find fault you look for it in everything. Why not just enjoy a free concert if it happens and get a life...

We win 9 games and I'll give everyone on this thread a penny. I'd make it a million dollars, but alas--I am not a wealthy man. But I love you guys! And I love the Gamecocks! And I'm gonna love Boom's coming-out-victory over Vandy! Go Cocks!

Reactions: jonesz21
I thought he was already performing for free...like every other year? It has been awhile since I kept up with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT