ADVERTISEMENT

If Tanner supported this Beamer raise, he once again proves his incompetence.

South Carolina's success under Spurrier was a simple formula. Make good evaluations on under the radar guys, own recruiting in South Carolina and get some of the good players from Georgia and Florida. I feel like Beamer is following the same blue print.

Some of the best players from the Spurrier years were under the radar guys. Jared Cook, Pharaoh Cooper, Kinney McKinley, Connor Shaw, DJ Swearinger, ect were all 3 star kids coming from HS. Beamer's staff seems to be doing the same thing but also scouting the FCS ranks and transfer portal for guys that can contribute.

One thing Beamer is doing differently is we appear to be putting a big emphasis on the DMV area. I can think of a few guys that we were in on over the years like Stephon Diggs where they could have made a huge difference in the 2014-2015 years if they had come here.

What I read on this forum and another forum is that the University of South Carolina did not pay for the buyout the money came from another source.

It's all accounting magic. That money could have been donated for other purposes than a buyout. It's doubtful the people paying it just decided to give an extra 13 million just to get rid of Muschamp.

It's all accounting magic. That money could have been donated for other purposes than a buyout. It's doubtful the people paying it just decided to give an extra 13 million just to get rid of Muschamp.
I think it happens at other universities where boosters supply the monies for buyouts.

Muschamps buyout is something that should have been paid for personally by the Board or a Trustee members and Ray Tanner. Considering they they are the only ones who thought the hire was a good idea.

Sports radio all over ATL is reporting Michigan is interested in Beamer if JH leaves.

I have heard speculation from reporters about his fit, but nothing more. (And of course, there wouldn't be anything official at this point) But I see no scenario where Michigan would hire him with this little experience. This is obviously opinion on my part.

Tanner isn’t the best A/D in the world. And thats another topic. But I agree with Beamer’s raise. Carolina paying the lowest in the SEC looked bad. It was actually kind of embarrassing to be on that end of the list.

I’m not 100% convinced that we have landed because of two big wins and a competitive showing using mostly 2nd string players against ND. But from the outside looking in- it looks like the culture is much improved from when Muschamp was here. Hopefully next season this momentum keeps up.
No, what is embarrassing is giving a coach who nobody wanted a huge buyout that had to be bought out. The only reason I can think of doing that was to “show” people that USC could keep up with the Jones’s of the SEC. Don’t throw money around just to keep appearances.

People don't seem to understand, the raises are far, far less important than what is negotiated for the buyout. Ask A&M.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT