ADVERTISEMENT

If Taters remain #1 after playing Wake and us....I lose a lot of faith in the "committee"

GulfCoastCock

Jan 7, 2004
how, playing the schedule they do? NC in the top 25....are you kidding me....LOOK AT THEIR SCHEDULE...it's worse than Clempson's...AND WE BEAT THEM....Look at ND's schedule....at least it's the toughest of the 3...

Clemson will have to play two tough games back to back in the playoffs AND won't get to do it in the comforts of Dung Valley. That'll be the real test if they are indeed the best or not. The "easy road" to the playoffs is over, now it gets tough. No more playing one tough game and waiting weeks to play another. Now they finally have to go on the road to play somebody worthy.

Reactions: king ward
That was 11. Chizball left in 12. Clemson beat them in ATL that year I think
Oh, they beat a "down" SEC team...remember how you guys during our 11 win seasons were always saying the reason we were winning in the SEC was because the SEC was "down"....hilarious....well the ACC is NEVER "UP"...they never will be compared to the SEC...I would love to see all SEC teams schedule all ACC teams one year....wouldn't you?

how, playing the schedule they do? NC in the top 25....are you kidding me....LOOK AT THEIR SCHEDULE...it's worse than Clempson's...AND WE BEAT THEM....Look at ND's schedule....at least it's the toughest of the 3...

I recommend this post for the end of the year worse thread of the year award. Keep charging that windmill.

Oh, they beat a "down" SEC team...remember how you guys during our 11 win seasons were always saying the reason we were winning in the SEC was because the SEC was "down"....hilarious....well the ACC is NEVER "UP"...they never will be compared to the SEC...I would love to see all SEC teams schedule all ACC teams one year....wouldn't you?
Didn't the ACC go 4-0 last year vs the SEC during rivalry week?

I'd be ok with it; be great for college football

find me two wins on alabamas schedule that are better than Florida state, and notre dame (maybe the win over that powerhouse LSU team).

Say what you want about the acc, and I'll probably agree with a lot of it, but the sec bias it laughable.

Reactions: Matte Black
Yall are embarrassing yourself. And why because you just can't call a spade a spade. Clemson is good.
Nobody said they weren't good, but even in this down year in the SEC they would have at least 2 loses if they played an SEC schedule and you damn well know it. We all know UNC isn't all that great and they are 10-1 (and undefeated in the ACC) in that sorry excuse for a football conference.

Nobody said they weren't good, but even in this down year in the SEC they would have at least 2 loses if they played an SEC schedule and you damn well know it. We all know UNC isn't all that great and they are 10-1 (and undefeated in the ACC) in that sorry excuse for a football conference.
Why so hostile? :) But seriously what 2 games would Clemson have lost according to the SEC homerz? Let me guess ole miss just because the hero of the sec bama lost to them? Laughable. The only sec team worth it's weight this year is bama( no offense to usc). Come playoffs hopefully Clemson and bama will have the opportunity to play. Yeah I'm a fan who loves the competition win or lose. :) (yeah I know bama will stomp the taters..yadda yadda.) But most importantly.
Happy Thanksgiving and God bless.

Some were making excuses for OSU last year. And all they did was slap the SEC best around for 4 quarters.

Some were making excuses for OSU last year. And all they did was slap the SEC best around for 4 quarters.
There is a difference between being both good and having an easy schedule (Ohio State last year) and being talented and having an extremely easy schedule (Clemson). Never said they weren't a talented team, just that they have never really been tested. I still think UNC gives them a game. UNC can score with them and the Chizik UNC defense is much better than in recent years. We'll see.

Why so hostile? :) But seriously what 2 games would Clemson have lost according to the SEC homerz? Let me guess ole miss just because the hero of the sec bama lost to them? Laughable. The only sec team worth it's weight this year is bama( no offense to usc). Come playoffs hopefully Clemson and bama will have the opportunity to play. Yeah I'm a fan who loves the competition win or lose. :) (yeah I know bama will stomp the taters..yadda yadda.) But most importantly.
Happy Thanksgiving and God bless.
Not hostile, just tired of a Tiger lovefest on a USC message board. All the best to you and your family, as well.

Reactions: CockyOneStraight
Seriously? Who is so good in the SEC? Alabama maybe. Everyone else is average to below average at best.

This is why I'm predicting a bloodbath Saturday. They need to pummel us- and they will.

This is why I'm predicting a bloodbath Saturday. They need to pummel us- and they will.
I don't think that Clemson needs to pummel SC nor do I think we will. Win and advance ar this time of the year, especially in a rivalry game. I doubt that CU has a big enough lead to " call off the dogs" but if it happens Dabo will pull the starters for next week. I just don't see a huge margin in this game.

Tell everybody to stop posting about clemson if you don't want to hear the truth.
You and no one on this board really knows what the "truth" is about Clemson. I know what you think and I disagree. But we will all know by the end of this season.

I think there is a lot of parity without a dominant conference. That being said I think Bama takes it all.

Tomorrow will be interesting. If our game, FSU vs FLA, UGA vs GT and UK vs Louisville turn out like last year - a one year event starts becoming a trend.

Tomorrow will be interesting. If our game, FSU vs FLA, UGA vs GT and UK vs Louisville turn out like last year - a one year event starts becoming a trend.
Yep. And unlike last year, only 1 of those games is a mismatch on paper. Last year the ACC had the higher ranked teams in every one of the Rivalry week matchups expect Georgia/Georgia Tech.

This year Clemson should beat South Carolina handily. Still have to play the game. But Louisville/Kentucky and FSU/UF are toss ups. UGA should beat GT. If the ACC were to go 4-0 again it would definitely represent a trend. We'll see how it shakes out.

Why don't we compare 2014 bowl game results between the ACC and the "lowly" SEC East?

Why don't we compare 2014 bowl game results between the ACC and the "lowly" SEC East?

If we're talking about who deserves to be highly ranked, why don't you compare the 2014 bowl results between Clemson and the upper-tier SEC teams?

Clemson 40, Oklahoma 6
Ohio State 42, Alabama 35
Wisconsin 34, Auburn 31
Notre Dame 31, LSU 28
TCU 42, Ole Miss 3
Georgia Tech 49, Miss State 34

If we're talking about who deserves to be highly ranked, why don't you compare the 2014 bowl results between Clemson and the upper-tier SEC teams?

Clemson 40, Oklahoma 6
Ohio State 42, Alabama 35
Wisconsin 34, Auburn 31
Notre Dame 31, LSU 28
TCU 42, Ole Miss 3
Georgia Tech 49, Miss State 34
I thought we were talking how the ACC dominated the SEC in rivalry week and how weak the SEC East is? The East carried the torch for the entire SEC last year in bowl games and even beat an ACC team head to head. The west stunk it up last year, no doubt, but the little ol weak East carried the SEC on their backs. Outside of Clemson and GT, the ACC didn't do so hot last year during bowl season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT