ADVERTISEMENT

If UVA played UMBC 10 times...

Anybody here find the way UVA lost a bit too crazy? I just can't wrap my head around how a 2-loss team loses by 20 to a team that lost to Albany by over 40 points other than wondering about the seedy side of college basketball.

Anybody here find the way UVA lost a bit too crazy? I just can't wrap my head around how a 2-loss team loses by 20 to a team that lost to Albany by over 40 points other than wondering about the seedy side of college basketball.

UVA lost one of their top players to injury and sometimes teams feel a lot of pressure.

UMBC shot almost 70% in the 2nd half. That'll usually do it.

Reactions: HI Cock and SCspur1
World beaters? HAH. Give it time. We will choke it away either tonight or the next round. Its just who we are, as much as I wish I was wrong.
You seem to have more of a Carolina fan mentality rather than a Clemson one. Few Clemson fans are pessimistic about their chances. Many Carolina fans are.

Perhaps you should switch teams.

Well, this Clemson fan wishes that the loss UVA suffered had happened with a last second half court shot.....then maybe they'd quit showing that Uconn last second shot against Clemson that I have to repeatedly suffer through every March.....

Well, this Clemson fan wishes that the loss UVA suffered had happened with a last second half court shot.....then maybe they'd quit showing that Uconn last second shot against Clemson that I have to repeatedly suffer through every March.....
I have a Tate George photo up in the mancave.

You seem to have more of a Carolina fan mentality rather than a Clemson one. Few Clemson fans are pessimistic about their chances. Many Carolina fans are.

Perhaps you should switch teams.
I've been a Tiger a lonnng time. I believe I'm more realistic vs pessimistic.

UMBC shot almost 70% in the 2nd half. That'll usually do it.
There is no substitute in basketball for being able to make shots. You can handle the ball well, you can move without the ball, you can play stifling defense that makes it tough to get close to the basket, but in the end, none of that is as important as the ability to shoot. When we talk about a team that does "the fundamentals" well, that is the most fundamental skill of all.

Reactions: king ward
UVA lost one of their top players to injury and sometimes teams feel a lot of pressure.

I'm not buying that, didn't UVA just roll through the ACC tournament. I can't believe playing UMBC in the first rounder of the NCAA tournament was more pressure than playing Roy Smith and the Heels in the ACC tournament championship game. I think PerchedonRings is on to something with the 70% thing

Last edited:
There is no substitute in basketball for being able to make shots. You can handle the ball well, you can move without the ball, you can play stifling defense that makes it tough to get close to the basket, but in the end, none of that is as important as the ability to shoot. When we talk about a team that does "the fundamentals" well, that is the most fundamental skill of all.
It's like putting in golf: if you can't get the ball in the hole, it negates everything else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT