ADVERTISEMENT

If you want team culture to change, So do We....

moose#

Sep 5, 2000
You can tell me to leave, tell me to f-off or suck your big toe, but let’s give the man a chance. We’ve tried everything else as a solution, - Let’s try someone who wants to be here, loves our university and will put a good staff together -regardless of our opinions.

Most of you poor mouthing, whining SOB’s didn’t play sports past B team. The man has been a student for 20 years and soaked in all the rights and all the wrongs are gone.

If you are true Gamecock, support him. What’s the worst that can happen - go .500?

We just had our best 15 years in our history by hiring back to back coaches with a history of success.

We threw that momentum down the drain when we hired a failed coach in Muschamp. We are following it up with hiring an unproven coach.

The idea that we are trying something new because nothing else has worked is just grasping for straws trying to justify what looks like a terrible hire.

We just had our best 15 years in our history by hiring back to back coaches with a history of success.

We threw that momentum down the drain when we hired a failed coach in Muschamp. We are following it up with hiring an unproven coach.

The idea that we are trying something new because nothing else has worked is just grasping for straws trying to justify what looks like a terrible hire.
And all of that is in the past. However, if you take it with you, then that’s on you.

Reactions: kidrobinski

Exactly what kind of winning coach could we have hired this time to fall in line with Spurrier or Holtz and for the love of God don’t say Freeze

You can tell me to leave, tell me to f-off or suck your big toe, but let’s give the man a chance. We’ve tried everything else as a solution, - Let’s try someone who wants to be here, loves our university and will put a good staff together -regardless of our opinions.

Most of you poor mouthing, whining SOB’s didn’t play sports past B team. The man has been a student for 20 years and soaked in all the rights and all the wrongs are gone.

If you are true Gamecock, support him. What’s the worst that can happen - go .500?
We've won 6 games in 2 years. That's a far cry from going .500.

I dare not think of just how much worse it could be. As others have quipped, we may not be at rock bottom, but we can see it from here.

Exactly what kind of winning coach could we have hired this time to fall in line with Spurrier or Holtz and for the love of God don’t say Freeze
He's a winner.

Now outside of the box it appears to me a certain Stoops has the itch considering he rejoined Oklahoma this past month. Wonder if we ever even considered it...nevermind, of course we didn't. This was all preordained from the day Muskrat was fired. Hire Beamer and keep Bobo on to show him the ropes lol

Reactions: ddw1263
I don't get around as much as I used to, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have the most toxic fanbase culture in America. Now that's something to be proud of.
They're pretty despondent over on "Volnation," but yeah, this is a different level of self-hate.

Thank you brother. I could not have said it better. So many crybabies, whiners because things did not go their way. So many trollers on this site as well, and we know who they are. I am all in.

Reactions: heavycock

You may be right, but tell me, which great coach was gonna come here? Huh? Dude, there wasn’t one. Beamer may be a bust but he may be a home run. At least there is potential. More potential than any another mediocre head coach that would have entertained the job.

We’ve been through this before ...but the coaches that have proven they can win on multiple levels...including d1 football while instilling a winning, positive culture within the program. Freeze is one of them....but there are a top4/5 slam dunks that 90% of the fanbase would’ve been happy with excluding freeze. About 30% we’re happy with Beamer. Of that 30% ...I’m guessing half those are very carefree fans and don’t put a huge emphasis on a winning football program amongst their priorities. That’s fine...but I think it helps explain the divide.

You may be right, but tell me, which great coach was gonna come here? Huh? Dude, there wasn’t one. Beamer may be a bust but he may be a home run. At least there is potential. More potential than any another mediocre head coach that would have entertained the job.
Revisionist history? We had a few really, really good proven coaches interviewing and showing interest. This was about one month ago. Beamer was not on anyone else’s radar...because he’s unproven and at best a huge gamble who might win 50% of his games.

I hated the Muschamp hire, but like the Beamer hire. I wish him the best and he will need it with the train wreck Muschamp and his stooges left us.

Revisionist history? We had a few really, really good proven coaches interviewing and showing interest. This was about one month ago. Beamer was not on anyone else’s radar...because he’s unproven and at best a huge gamble who might win 50% of his games.
Which coach would that be? Wanting a coach doesn’t make him a viable candidate. Even if Freeze or Napier chose to come here, the chance of them being successful is probably less than 50%.

Ah, there’s the wet-blanket negativity, right on cue.

Reactions: SCSalesReptile

You can't legitimately argue that Beamer has more potential than someone like Chadwell.

Chadwell or Napier could have brought coaches with them for a more seemless transition. Beamer appears to be struggling with putting together the great staff he promised. I hope I'm wrong, but the hires and possible retentions don't match what was initially being sold. I'm still holding out hope for a new OC and a good DC, but I think we're stuck with Bobo one more year.

I don't get around as much as I used to, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have the most toxic fanbase culture in America. Now that's something to be proud of.

Hmm. Maybe. I’d imagine a ton of it has to do with Clemson university being 100 miles away and killing it.
And yet we are the state university here.
I still maintain we have the best fans. Like any other, they just want to watch success. Especially after witnessing it pretty recently.
Those same fans were awesome in the early 2010’s.

Hmm. Maybe. I’d imagine a ton of it has to do with Clemson university being 100 miles away and killing it.
And yet we are the state university here.
I still maintain we have the best fans. Like any other, they just want to watch success. Especially after witnessing it pretty recently.
Those same fans were awesome in the early 2010’s.
It's admirable that you would come to the defense of our fans. Merry Christmas.

Reactions: cadcock and Judson1
Stop blaming fans. Our administration has completely let us down repeatedly. Hope it’s right this time.
Where did you read any indictment from me regarding our fans? I love our fans. People in Chernobyl whose babies didn't come out so well still loved them, I suppose.

I don't think we have a toxic fan base, just a mouthy few who would be a genius if they only knew half of what they think they know. I especially like when they act like their in the know about coaches and players when in reality they don't know jack s_ _t

Reactions: The Defender
I don't think we have a toxic fan base, just a mouthy few who would be a genius if they only knew half of what they think they know. I especially like when they act like their in the know about coaches and players when in reality they don't know jack s_ _t
Possibly my opinion is clouded by undue exposure to those on the internet.

I agree with the toxic fanbase comment. So many people were posting stuff like “just get rid of Muschamp, and I will be happy.” Well a lot of you immediately raised your standards and now you are not happy. Plus we have house taters over here who evidently aren’t happy either, so they need to feel like they are contributing to Clemson’s success, so they fan the flames and a lot of you take the bait. It’s normal for things to get worse before they get better in a situation like our football team was in.

You can't legitimately argue that Beamer has more potential than someone like Chadwell.
Actually, I can. Potential is unknown. I’m not saying that he would be better than Chadwell, but I can say 100% that he may have more potential. (Although he may not. That’s the thing about potential)

Reactions: ForeUSC
We’ve been through this before ...but the coaches that have proven they can win on multiple levels...including d1 football while instilling a winning, positive culture within the program. Freeze is one of them....

I had to laugh reading this

Look, to be fair I liked Freeze because he has a “win at any cost mentality”. And yeah, if we’d hired him the NCAA would’ve been snooping around, but when you hang out with pigs like UGA or Clemson you have to roll in the mud a bit. I think he would’ve had us winning, but at a cost.

But to pretend he instills a “winning, positive culture”?

Dude outcheated the entire SEC and Clemson, while at the same time chasing hookers on recruiting trips and pretending to be more religious and sanctimonious than Dabo.

But probably would’ve been entertaining having him as a HBC, up to the point the NCAA nailed us for something.

Toxic, delusional....that can describe a lot of fan bases.

We might not have the worst, Miami certainly outranks us. FSU is currently on a roll for delusional toxicity. Texas is pretty bad.

I’d rate us definitely top 5 for delusional toxicity.

He's a winner.

Now outside of the box it appears to me a certain Stoops has the itch considering he rejoined Oklahoma this past month. Wonder if we ever even considered it...nevermind, of course we didn't. This was all preordained from the day Muskrat was fired. Hire Beamer and keep Bobo on to show him the ropes lol

Bob Stoops?

He doesn’t have an “itch”, he’s just helping out administratively because of the virus.

And how do you know we didn’t contact him?

I don't think we have a toxic fan base. Every school has people who criticize everything. Criticizing is part of the college football landscape.

Most fans just want to win games - and win more than they lose and have something to be excited about. Those that criticize everything probably says more about modern life in general than college football. We put all of our hopes and aspirations into a group of 18-23 year men and women.

I thought we could find an experienced HC who wanted to come here and who would hire an all-star staff. Either we couldn't or we don't have the money. So be it.

But we absolutely had to get rid of Muschamp. Not for us - but for the school and the players. What was going on down there was toxic.

Reactions: uscwatson21

Yeah and people wanted Holtz and Spurrier fired and well. I remember in Spurrier's 5th year people were saying Spurrier was washed up, etc. and complaining that we were hiring "has been" coaches while schools like UF were hiring "the next best thing" like Meyer at the time. A lot of these same folks were saying how we needed to hire a young, energetic coach etc etc and yet here we are. Give the man a damn chance folks. He's our coach, let's give him 💯 support and help him succeed to the best we can. Enough with the "kid who didn't get everything they wanted for Christmas" act.

Worse that can happen? If you think this team goes 500 in the next 2 years you are crazy...this recruiting season is a wash and half the defense is gone...so we hire someone to come in with zero experience to try and put this clown show make together..500 would be a miracle and our new coach isn’t named Jesus

Yeah and people wanted Holtz and Spurrier fired and well. I remember in Spurrier's 5th year people were saying Spurrier was washed up, etc. and complaining that we were hiring "has been" coaches while schools like UF were hiring "the next best thing" like Meyer at the time. A lot of these same folks were saying how we needed to hire a young, energetic coach etc etc and yet here we are. Give the man a damn chance folks. He's our coach, let's give him 💯 support and help him succeed to the best we can. Enough with the "kid who didn't get everything they wanted for Christmas" act.

The problem is, Shane hasn’t done anything that screams giving him a chance is the right call.

It is toxic!! The "I'm right, you're wrong" mentality of the fan base reflects that people here are trying to win anything they can, including the "I'm smartest" argument over and over and over. Its almost as if a poster can prove they won an argument here, played a sport, or trashed a fellow fan, they automatically rise above our sad performance in football.

Headline.....all those things aside, we all own this program. Your bravado can't fill the void. We all want it to be better. And clearly, after 100 years, nobody has a monopoly on how to get there. So yeah, time to ratchet down the toxic interplay. Toward each other, toward the coaches, toward admin. Opinions of all kinds ok, destructive tone not so much.

It's Christmas, time for reflection.

Reactions: 92Pony
I had to laugh reading this

Look, to be fair I liked Freeze because he has a “win at any cost mentality”. And yeah, if we’d hired him the NCAA would’ve been snooping around, but when you hang out with pigs like UGA or Clemson you have to roll in the mud a bit. I think he would’ve had us winning, but at a cost.

But to pretend he instills a “winning, positive culture”?

Dude outcheated the entire SEC and Clemson, while at the same time chasing hookers on recruiting trips and pretending to be more religious and sanctimonious than Dabo.

But probably would’ve been entertaining having him as a HBC, up to the point the NCAA nailed us for something.
He did all that while winning 60% of his games. His success at Ole Miss has been romanticized to unbelievable levels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT